January - healthy lifestyle and weight loss/ exercise challenge...

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome to the January healthy lifestyle and weight loss/ exercise challenge.

I'm surprised this thread wasn't started already so here it is... *dance1Come in and join and be free and healthy, its important to look after your body as well as your mind of course, you are what you eat.

What goals do you have for this fresh new month of the year? Want to look great in your swim suit this summer? Want to eat healthier with the support of others here? Want glowing skin from all those nuts and mangoes? Then you're here in the right place *grouphugTogether we can get healthier, encourage you, share tips, motivate each other.

My personal goal for this month is to lose 10 lbs. This IS the year I'm going to get healthier and you can too. Let's do this :)

What is YOUR goal for this month? Share... we're here to support YOU.

Come and join us here.. @sassy123 @Woowoo @Innocent Forever @Citizen Insane @Cicada 3301 @Rockclimbinggirl @pushing1through @bobbob @HumanExMachina @lil_panic @Kalicka @cymbele @Pennylane- @WolfGoddess @Kiwi2016 @arbitrarybarry @ravens @may71 @Blue Star @Lightsout

(Sorry if I missed tagging someone - I totally stole the usernames from the fitness thread :p )

Last edited:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Sounds like a plan :) i would also like to lose 10-15lbs
You can achieve this. Post here daily and we will make it happen, best of luck :)

I am going to try for 5 pounds I am am starting a goal of not drinking until I go on vacation hopefully that will help me reach my 5 pound goal weight loss before my vacation *hiding will probably gain it all back on vacation but that’s okay long term maintaining and losing is the goal *grouphug let’s do this
Yay, a vacation, I am envious lol I know you can reach your goal, you have a very determined ''character'' about you :) Good luck sweetie.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey @Petal thanks for starting this thread. Healthy eating went out the window over the holidays. I've still got lots of naughty food in the house so I'm not going to start until Monday when I go back to work. Once I start I'd like to lose 4-5 pounds before the end of January.

As for longer term goals for the year, I'd like all the ones you mentioned; I want to lose weight and tone my stomach so that I'm able to wear a swimsuit in the summer without getting too self conscious and I want to eat healthier so that I have glowing skin and shiny hair.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey @Petal thanks for starting this thread. Healthy eating went out the window over the holidays. I've still got lots of naughty food in the house so I'm not going to start until Monday when I go back to work. Once I start I'd like to lose 4-5 pounds before the end of January.

As for longer term goals for the year, I'd like all the ones you mentioned; I want to lose weight and tone my stomach so that I'm able to wear a swimsuit in the summer without getting too self conscious and I want to eat healthier so that I have glowing skin and shiny hair.
I think healthy eating went out the window for everyone in the last few weeks lol

4-5lbs is totally do-able. Stick to whatever goals you have in mind and forget about the scales until the end of the month. My nurse is going to weigh me at the end of every month and i have so much motivation right now its unreal and i say that because i know you can do it too,

You'll rock in that swimsuit, you have plenty of time to make sure that happens. Wishing you the best of luck. When you want to give in, think of the shiny hair, teeth and skin. After what I saw you do over a 90 day period, i know you can do this more than anyone else i can think of.

Best of luck.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I think healthy eating went out the window for everyone in the last few weeks lol

4-5lbs is totally do-able. Stick to whatever goals you have in mind and forget about the scales until the end of the month. My nurse is going to weigh me at the end of every month and i have so much motivation right now its unreal and i say that because i know you can do it too,

You'll rock in that swimsuit, you have plenty of time to make sure that happens. Wishing you the best of luck. When you want to give in, think of the shiny hair, teeth and skin. After what I saw you do over a 90 day period, i know you can do this more than anyone else i can think of.

Best of luck.
Thanks Petal. Getting into that swimsuit is going to be the thing that motivates me. I don't know if I'll even get a holiday again this year, but if I manage to sell the house and pay the debt off then I may be able to treat myself.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks Petal. Getting into that swimsuit is going to be the thing that motivates me. I don't know if I'll even get a holiday again this year, but if I manage to sell the house and pay the debt off then I may be able to treat myself.
It's brilliant to have something to motivate you :) I hope you can get a holiday this year and unwind from life of work and stress :) Wish you the best & always here for you to spur you on.

arbitrarybarry

arbitraryfromagier
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I am definitely working on weight loss. I do not yet have any particular end goal in sight, I am doing weekly weigh-ins to make sure I am moving in the right direction. In addition to the fitness thread, I am working on my diet. Simple mindfulness is already going a long way. I am realizing I may have never before made a conscious effort to eat square meals, limit mindless snacking, and shun empty calories.

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have managed to reach my goal of 2018: losing 12 lbs.
By the end of this year I would like to cut off another 6 lbs. So should be easier perhaps, but I don't really know because I am very close to the BMI i was trying to achieve.

For January my aim is 1lbs. Let's see how we go *happyno
Great achievement in 2018! Good luck for this month and the year, 1 pound sounds like a good goal for January if you are closing in on the BMI you want.

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Like others have said, December was a bad month, terribly bad in fact! Too many takeaways (sometimes twice in a day), too many big dinners and too many meals in restaurants. Too much food and drink in general. That all stops now. As of yesterday, the house has been emptied of food so I'll go shopping later today and pick up some bits for the house in preparation for a healthier month. My goal is to lose 4-6 lbs in January and I'm confident that with support from here I will make it. Let's have it 2019, I'm ready for ya

Pennylane-

Hey Petal, thank you for the tag, my son's goal is to lose 10 k by April and mine is to stop smoking, try not to put on too much weight whilst quitting and avoid major flare ups by gently exercising more. Also my Border Collie Isaac is getting older and needs gentle exercise so it's for him too. Waiting for scales to arrive from Amazon

Day 31 yesterday: day 2 of no cigs, we walked twice around the village, 36 mins, around two miles.

Isaac the dog also walked twice around with my daughter and spanner

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00