January the Fourth

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by BelovedDreamer, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BelovedDreamer

BelovedDreamer Well-Known Member

a birthday for
    Another year.
    What has it gotten me?
    A license to...buy
    that’ll take me away
    a moment.
    I always
    come back.
    I am still too young.
  2. My own is the 23rd of December - No Man's Land so close to Christmas. Been so every year besides the first I imagine... when I "interrupted things". I'm thinking of you - and for one so young, you are *terribly* insightful. As for the liquid that'll take you away, I'm poisoning myself slowly - wouldn't wish it on anyone but it's the only way I can take the pain. I hope you find other ways...

Happy Birthday for what it's worth from me. Your writings here make me glad you're in the world because to have the ability to touch deep truth, as painful as it is.

3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Happy Birthday (late) from me.:smile: :smile: Wish I'd known when it was and I'd have said so then, not late. But the good wishes are still true, tho belated. I hope for some peace of mind for you, and that better days are ahead - I believe that they are ahead, just don't know how far ahead. Please hang on, to us, if to nothing else, so you can be here to greet those better days.:smile:

love and hugs and hope,

least xoxoxox
  4. BelovedDreamer

BelovedDreamer Well-Known Member

Birthdays are so hard. Funny. It's a reminder that I'm too old to feel such a childish urge, but all I could think all day was that I wanted to run away. Like I did when I was very young. Pack a suitcase (this time not a pink plastic one covered in purple bears) and just walk out the door without turning back.

Oh, and FAL1, happy extremely belated birthday and I feel you there on the holiday b-days. Mine's not quite as close, but people tend to forget it or find it somewhat of a nuisance what with the X-Mas, New Years, back to school rush. Wish you could trade for July?
  5. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

Very well done. FAL1 is right, you are insightful...a great deal it seems.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.