jeremy kyle

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by simon, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simon

simon Antiquitie's Friend

scum, scum, scum
  2. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Why is he scum? :unsure:
  4. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Because of that?

You know, I hear a lot of people hate him. And I watch his show, and he DOES talk sense. I agree with him on many things as well. People have done stupid things in the past, we should be able to accept and forgive.
  5. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

He's a hypocrite who makes money insulting people and being publicly outraged at things, he himself would do privately.
  6. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

I think it's terrible. Entertainment for the masses by picking the most vulnerable in society and laughing at their problems/mistakes/downfalls. What other people would sort out on private, he takes and makes it into a show which I think just makes the viewers feel better about themselves by showing them that things could be worse.

Why not use the money to help people off the stage, behind closed doors. Cut out the whole Jeremy thing, and just have those who know what they're doing helping the people.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I watch the Jeremy Kyle show sometimes, I think he is smart...but is too opinionated and puts people down and makes them feel bad about themselves. He thinks he is god.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think having shows about problems such as drug addictions, abortion, rape, and divorce a good thing. I think it teaches a lesson to the viewers, especially the younger viewers, its good to learn from others mistakes too :)
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It can be a good thing if done the right way. I think exploiting things is not it.
  10. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

I totally agree that having shows about such problems is a good idea. But I think that they can be just as effective without the putting people down, making their problems entertainment for the masses. Because, lets face it, the majority of viewers don't watch the show as an educational tool...
  11. Snooze

Snooze Well-Known Member

I dont know anything about the show but this is what popped in my head first

obscure? :3
  12. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I watch the show sometimes, forgive me as daytime television is so limiting in the choice of what to watch when one is laid up in bed ill, or perchance home on a free day and meant to be working but cannot.

I do not think he is as brilliant as people think but he can be quite entertaing at times.

That is all :)
  13. plates

plates Well-Known Member

it's horrible that used to be the thing i'd hate watching in the past. i'd get a very visceral reaction to TURN IT OFFF IT'S HIM :puke:

isn't that what he says to people on his show, that everyone is 'scum?'

those shows remind me of public humiliations/torture. people flocking to cheer on someone who doesn't have a clue about life or individuals, gape at someone's private life and feelings being butchered/spat on/demeaned, and then all clap and nod mindlessly to a tv bully? that's what those shows are like.

and trisha i've heard is becoming a bit like the jerry springer show with all the fighting/launching at each other with fists on stage and screeching.

i personally can't watch things like that. just the sight of him makes me turn it off because he is so vicious and people really think he's 'helping' wtf? :huh:
  14. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Practice what you preach.
  15. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I just read the article, is there really any proof however :S
  16. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

the man just shouts and talks down to so called guests, his backroom staff whip up the guests to be confrontational coz at the end of the day that is what this show is all about.
    if it was handled with some respect it would be boring.

dont like him, he is so sleazy
  17. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Jeremy Kyle is mentally disordered. That's what I think anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.