^^ jesus adverts ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeaveMeAlone

if you look up, most likely you will see and advert asking if you are feeling suicidal which then proceeds to start asking you stuff about god, and starts hitting you with their propaganda. Now if you want to believe in whatever, then that is fine by me, provided you keep it to yourself, and try not to blow anything up. But this website preying on people when they are at their weakest, I think is just awful, a crutch is not a solution, whether it is a partner, alcohol or a theistic being. There is a way in which you can choose to ban certain advertisments, from your website, and I would very much like it if the admins here would do that, but I am only 1 man, so if anyone else agrees with more or more likely strongly disagrees then please say so. And admins, would you consider my request?

Jenny

Staff Alumni
Thanks for sharing your views on this with us.. I'll raise this issue with Robin/Kennroe and the other staff and see about getting these types of adverts taken off SF

LeaveMeAlone

You can also find it just by googleing for "suicide" feel free to click the ad if you see it, it'll cost em money ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Darken

Oh yeah, wtf. I was feeling really bad one day and googled suicide methods and I found that god test. What did they do to help me? they told me Im immoral and going to hell. douchebags...

R

Robin

Thx for letting me know, there's an option to ban certain ads in google, who send us the ads, I don't know how to do it yet but I sure will learn. Sorry you was offended, hopefully when I get rid of those 2 ads others won't have to put up with them.

DepressionII

LeaveMeAlone: I know the advertisements you mean. I saw them on one of the metal forums I also punt on, and I found these quite offensive. They didn't let you answer certain questions if it wasn't the correct answer - the correct answer being accepting Jesus. That was one of the times I actually came closer to committing it - thinking that help was only going to turn into this preachy Christian rubbish. Then I found this forum and although I'm anti-life myself....well, I'm still here aren't I, both alive and not under moderation?

Jenny

Staff Alumni
It looks like they've gone... I keep refreshing the page to see if any come up but none so far :) Thanks Robin and thanks Leavemealone for letting us know

live

Antiquitie's Friend
Thanks for removing them. I feel the need to say that I'm not anti-Christian or anti-religion, just anti-holier-than-thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00