Jesus comitted suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knew that they would kill him when he wouldn't do as the authorities sad. They warned him, and than they killed him. All he had to do was follow the law. He didn't. He choose not to, so he is responsible for his own death. Now what kind of example is this? I'm 29, I'm going to die when I'm 33? We don't have that choice in this society, although I'm sure Jesus's final walk was fahr more humiliating and tortoring than anything we go through today, but still, all he had to do was say that he isn't the son of god. And he didn't. For this he died.

Now that is an interesting topic.

Personally, I don't know of any other human being that could endure such physical and mental abuse without dying from it or giving in to whatever anyone would demand of them. Well, ok, maybe a few like Willaim Wallace, (the the story is completely true) or Jone of Arc. :blink:

L

left behind

one thing i didn't understand. why would god forgive the world of all their sins after they killed his son. if i was god in that posision i would become more vengeful

From what I read Jesus died so you won't have to. He died so that you can be a new person as you died in him. So his death is your own death. That's why they call it reborn. You are born again.

Hmm..well, God is supposed to be all knowing, all seeing..He knew it would happen but for some reason his Son had to be a sacrifice for the sins of the world and though He did not want to do it (garden of Gethsemmane) He did what His Father required of Him. Apparently Jesus was the only person on earth at the time who had not ever commited a sin. I'm thinking back to the time before Him as well, back when they used to sacrifice animals every time someone sinned. Somehow there is a connection. :blink:

From what I read Jesus died so you won't have to. He died so that you can be a new person as you died in him. So his death is your own death. That's why they call it reborn. You are born again.
Hmm, sort of..it is my understanding that it means you have to die to the flesh, sin. Meaning not to give in to those things that you know are not right. His blood that was shed and drained into the earth is supposed to be for the forgiveness of sin, but only if one is willing to believe and accept it. Then you are covered and may ask forgiveness and do not have to sacrifice animals anymore because Jesus was suposed to be that last sacrifice. If you believe this then you are filled with His spirit and baptism is symbolic of being born again. When a baby is born there is the case of water surrounding them. Well...something like that...:blink:

If you look at it that way, Jesus must have knew before he even came to Earth. Well, not unless you believe that Jesus was God, not a son of God.

Hmm...if what is written in the bible is true then when Jesus was in the garden He did know and asked that if there be any other way to do what God wanted then to take that cup away from Him..I'm guessing that they both knew. And if they are both one as well as the Spirit...I guess they all three knew :huh:

Daphna

Ninja of light
He knew that
they would kill him when he wouldn't do as the authorities sad. They warned him, and than they killed him. All he had to do was follow the law. He didn't. He choose not to, so he is responsible for his own death. Now what kind of example is this? I'm 29, I'm going to die when I'm 33? We don't have that choice in this society, although I'm sure Jesus's final walk was fahr more humiliating and tortoring than anything we go through today, but still, all he had to do was say that he isn't the son of god. And he didn't. For this he died.
I have to admit this is a first for me. I have never heard anyone refer to our Messiah's sacrifice ad a suicide. But you must remember Yahweh raised Him from the dead to show us that obedience will lead to ever lasting life. Death holds no power over us when we enter into the promise of obedience through His sacrifice. We are given a second chance at this life which will also give us a second chance in the new world to come. The kingdom.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Could the people who have nothing to comment but nastiness stay out of the thread. Thank you!

Calling Jesus a liar is deeply offensive to a Christian.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
I might suggest it is not suicide if you come back to life 3 days later and that is also known from the outset... and the other half of the story as commonly believed.

justMe7

This is another 7 year old thread. Unfortunatly the person you are quoting is not here anymore so they cannot defend their position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00