Jesus in the Glorious Qur'an

Status
Not open for further replies.

poison

I'm a Reverend of the Unity Lite Church. Which does not teach "Hell"

It is belived by some religions that Catholics started the "hell" teachings so people would goto church and give offerings (money) for forgiveness.

Its nice to be part of a church that does not preach damnation.
... that's the best damn religion since agnostic! sign me up! ha, just kidding. that is a good idea though.

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
Didn't the Zoroastrians introduce the idea of hell into popular religions? Apparantly the pre-exilic Jews didn't talk much about Hell and Satan and stuff, but the post-exilic Jews did. Well there you go, I'm sorry to bore you all but I'm simply trying to make the point that all your religions have so much in common! Now go hug one another!

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
Faith is a wonderful thing in that it has personal meaning. I don't need somebody to tell me what's in the Bible or the Qur'an I can read them for myself, it's pointless trying to 'prove' to me that God exists because it simply can't be proved. Present me with an argument and I'll try and present a counter argument.

What I can't argue against, what I can't take away from is what your religion means to you. Faith means a lot to muslim, bear witness to it, don't quote from a book but tell us what it means to you on a day to day basis, show us how it has given you strength and meaning, give examples of where it's helped you and provided answers to your questions. Cos I'm sure that it must have done.

Personally I'm religious, but I don't follow a religion. I love Shintoism because it heightens my respect for nature, and I love Buddhism because it helps me understand how I'm connected to other people. Faith is a joy but I think faith can only be expressed through living and it's your life that will convince people not the theoretical arguments that you present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00