Jesus rocks?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

They say Jesus was the first rock star. I beg to differ. He might've sung some hosannas n shit along with those magic tricks like raising the dead, walking on water, turning loaves into fish and vice versa. But anyone can do that.

You wanna know who really rocked in the Bible?

THE FOUR HORSEMEN. THE FOUR FUCKING HORSEMEN OF THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS KICKED MAJOR APOCALYPTIC ASS!!!

WAR, FAMINE, DISEASE, DEATH. FUCKING SKULLFACES RIDING ACROSS THE DESERT. WHO THE FUCK CAN BEAT THAT??

I would say they were a huge influence on RocknRoll, especially metal. I mean, they are at least worthy of some huge Slayer or Sabbath riffs.

2. HexenBexen

HexenBexen Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA!!! Well put. I sort of have to agree with you.

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

The Four Horseman are hardcore :headbang:

4. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

The four horsemen are not meant to be translated as literal men riding on horses to wreak havoc during the apocalypse.
    moreso as a warning of what ravages could happen to humankind in times of strife.
    on an interesting side note. did you know that revelations was written by john while on the island of parnassus? and the examinations of the isle and from other early recorded information weve come to find out that parrnassus was rampant with wild growing psychedelic mushrooms.
    makes you wonder eh? maybe he made some tea with some fresh picked fungi and then had visions from "god" whish he wrote into revelations.
    I mean, "sky turning blood red" angels descending from the heavens to fight the demons of hell", sounds like a bad trip to me.

5. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

yes. not at all meant to be taken literally :biggrin:

6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Yeah, but literally is WAY MORE FUNNNN!!!!

7. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

well, the Pentacostals and the Southern Baptists certainly think so.
    not sure I agree :blink:

FUN you say? pestilence, plaugue, the end of the world? yeah, a laugh a
    minute I guess now that I think of it.

8. ConsolationPrizeFighter

ConsolationPrizeFighter Well-Known Member

i'm in! i love a good plague.

9. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

survived the last one did ya? must have some good DNA :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.