Jimbo's Cafe- Monday, January 14, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGreen

Can we all join in?

Things that make me go hmmm
Avocados and figs. Are they supposed to taste of nothing?
Being asked 'what is your favourite (anything)'. I don't know how to pick a fave colour (not even blue/green) or a fave food or a fave anything when it means dismissing all the other choices!
The Red Hot Chili Peppers - such a great name for a band but the music is SO boring. Misnomer for sure.
Chocolate cake - I love chocolate but I've only tasted truly great chocolate cakes a handful of times.
Planes overhead - I just have to find out where they are going.

Awe inspiring - the most obvious is the night sky. I don't know why billions of people don't just drop everything and stare when the stars come out!

Mahal

SF Supporter
So not about the avocados then? :p They are kind of slimy too!
The only avocados I will eat are Hass avocados. They also make a great guacamole.

(2) Hass avocados (mashed with a potato masher)
Juice from half of a lime
(3) cloves of garlic (through a garlic press)
(1) chipotle pepper (finely chopped to the consistency of being pureed)
Salt and pepper to taste.

BlueGreen

The toppings boost its flavour, like for any food! It's fat like butter, it's not supposed to be eaten alone and whole like a fruit :p
There's a fine line between hate and love when it comes to food!
I think it harks back to the 80's when I was working with a bunch of women and they were all crazy for avocado and prawn cocktails. I mean, I can eat avocados, I don't hate them, I just don't see the point of them. They're hmmm and meh!

BlueGreen

The only avocados I will eat are Hass avocados. They also make a great guacamole.

(2) Hass avocados (mashed with a potato masher)
Juice from half of a lime
(3) cloves of garlic (through a garlic press)
(1) chipotle pepper (finely chopped to the consistency of being pureed)
Salt and pepper to taste.
That sounds really tasty, Mahal! I'm not crazy about soft food though. Mashed bananas, mashed potatoes... all that. Yoghurts make me heave! I have to have crunch! But that does sound good, I'd eat that with something crunchy.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Things that make me go hmmm (in a bad way) is how bigotry is still a thing. Today I read about this:
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...min-son-is-targeted-by-own-fans-a4037856.html
Spurs fans being racist towards their own player. Embarrassing. And it's Son, too. No one deserves racism or any other form of bigotry in the slightest, but Son is an amazing player and literal ray of sunshine and gives his heart and soul for the club in every match, and that's something that should be admired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00