Empathy Only Jim's café 08/12/2020: The wit of the frumentarii edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legate Lanius

Hope you're having a Tuesday without suicidal thoughts and free from self-destructive behaviors such as: binge-drinking, cutting, needle-scavenging and partaking in unprotected sexual encounters.

Today I've prepared: riddles. *woohoo

Riddle one: I pierce, yet show. I detect and burn. I grant vision and entertain. What am I?

Riddle two: I am inside of you, yet you can spend time in me. I can be used to track data and when I wake up I'm dangerous. What am I?

Riddle three: I'm a figment of imagination, created by ignorance. I'm a friend of the house and many men call themselves by my name. What am I?

Riddle four: I'm worthless, I'm annoying, no one likes detecting my presence. When I get washed I disappear. I'm about to get set alight and thrown out of the window. What am I?

To Americans, and the like, this thread will be prematurely posted. But it ain't called UTC for nothing, fellas.

I'll include some questions for those that don't like riddles (95% of the forum, apparently :mad:).

Q1: If you could change the year you were born, when would you choose to be born?
Q2: If you could choose to never have been born at all, would you?
Q3: Do you eat many small meals or few large meals (you're free to make a joke about how you eat many large meals).
Q4: If you were unable to anticipate unwanted events at all, would your life get worse or better? How?
Q5: Does playing mobile games make you a gamer?
Q6: How far would you go to get recognized officially as the gamer that you are?

Thread song for relaxing and solving the riddles:
Thread song for pondering the questions:

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you for opening the cafe and inviting me @Legate Lanius . i hate riddles, sorry. but i will try to answer the questions.

1. change year i was born? : i would love to be born on a farm around 1850. nice quiet life and see the birth of all the new technologes. electricity, phones, and cars in my later life. and most of the world cared about family first.

2. if i coud never be born : i am glad i was born. i have had heartaches and disappointments, but i have also had love and great joy. even though i suffer illness and pain some now i can honestly say i had a good life. no i wouldn't change a thing.

3. meals : i try to eat smller meals but not always successful. i also eat some smaller meals, too many meals.

4. unwanted events : i prefer to know about unwanted events ahead of time but it's the ones we don't know about that keeps us sharp.

5. mobile gaming : i guess if you are good at mobile games you could consider yourself a gamer.

6. officially a gamer : i don't play many games so i wouldn't try

i hope everyone has a great day...mike..*hug*grouphug2*stars

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Lol I suck at riddles. The fourth one sounds like me though :p

Q1: If you could change the year you were born, when would you choose to be born?
I don't know if I would change it. I'm in a good era for technology.

No, because I like things about life, even if I hate it sometimes.

Q3: Do you eat many small meals or few large meals (you're free to make a joke about how you eat many large meals).
Neither really, maybe like one or two medium meals per day and some snacks.

Q4: If you were unable to anticipate unwanted events at all, would your life get worse or better? How?
Better maybe, then I could stay blissfully ignorant of the bad things.

Not sure but those are mostly what I play.

Q6: How far would you go to get recognized officially as the gamer that you are?
Not as far as hurting someone, but maybe doing something weird.

Road to Nowhere

💫💫💫💫💫
SF Supporter

I'm a old soul so I probably lived many lifetimes, have always felt with technology I was born in the wrong era. Cell phones, computers, social media, I should be too old to care and been gone in the late 90's.

The real you is not a puppet which life pushes around. The real, deep down you is the whole universe. So then, when you die, you're not going to have to put up with everlasting non-existing. Because that's not an experience.

I eat many small meals throughout the day and a descent size dinner.

I would leave it up to fate chance whatever you want to call it.

I don't know

Not very far.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I saw the bad side of alcoholism last night. I always spend some time after work with my friend and he has the next two days off work. I could tell he was drunk off his ass. He must have been drinking his Natty Daddy's one after the other as soon as he got home, plus a bunch of vodka. I said something to him about not trying to walk down the stairs. When he got up to leave my room he fell, spilling beer all over. He fell again in his room,, I heard the crash and went over to see if he was okay. He had broken his coffee table, he will need a new one. I helped him to his bed and told him to lay down and sleep it off. Falling down drunk. Such a disaster.

I love the years I was born, 1967. I used to do BASIC programming in high school, it is just unbelievable how technology has advanced. The Bible talks about one man ruling the world and I used to think that wasn't possible; you could take over the world with just a $100 android phone now.
I was half the equation that gave birth to two beautiful young ladies; I would not take their life away from them for anything.
I eat one large meal in the evenings. I recently had a physical and am in great health.
My life would be better; I would not worry as much.
No, definitely not.
I am not a gamer at all, I hate video games with a passion.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thanks for questioned and riddles @Legate Lanius.

1. Born in the 1900. Would be fun to be a 20 something in roaring 20's.

2. No. My birth was an accident. Set of a series of trials. While at times I feel life isca gift I know how hard it is and has been and wouldnt choose to do it over.

3. Just now starting to cook and eat more. I was down to about 110 which is too thin for me so I've been snacking more. I still feel out of proportion.

4. Better, I could have avoided a lot of mistakes.

5. I dont really know. I know people want the xbox 5 or 6 for Christmas. Once I walked in to my sons playing basketball and thought they were watching a real game it looked so real! Ha

KA9

Gone with the wind
R1. Truth
R2. Dreams
R3. Dunno but it feels like I could know
R4. Fireworks

Q2. F**k yea please
Q5. Depends on the games. I don't think games have to be "challenging" or whatever, but if it's just wasting time or skinner box addictive nonsense, then no. But e.g. Monument Valley or Kami are excellent games regardless of platform.
Q6. I suppose when you prefer gaming in general to other hobbies you can do at the time.

Somebody Else

Dinosaurs Idk what year that is lol
Maybe (Question Mark)
(you're free to make a joke about how you eat many large meals). You got it but I don't have a joke
Better be ignorant ahahaha but would I still overthink and worry about being unable to anticipate? Am I overthinking this already hahahaah
I guess?
It's just a hobby of mine

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Hey all, & thanks for the tag & opening the cafe today @Legate Lanius ! Apologizes, but I gotta skip the riddles, I haven't quite been a riddles mood :D evidently I will tackle the questions. Hope everyones been brilliant! 💫

Probably not. There's a lot of reasons I could state but I find the weirdness of the years I've lived & learning about the past rather intriguing.

Nah, I would still be born. I try to appreciate the time I have, even with the negative. Can't appreciate the good without it or the lesson. 🙏

It depends on the day, it seems to be a bit of both worlds. I prefer smaller meals but I can eat a lot for only being 102 pounds lol 🍝

It would be worse because I think I would build an expectation of good always happening, which isn't health.... I have a good balance of knowing that theres good that happens as much as bad. I feel like I would be put in a more vulnerable or even naive state in that matter.

Kind of I suppose. I don't know, it's still playing games haha I prefer console or PC myself.

Meh, not far. It's not a desire of mine. I've had friends tell me I should at least make videos of some of my gameplay with commentary but it's not what I aspire to do for a big platform. It seems like there's a lot of people getting into that line of activity, & its definitely gnarly seeing how far some of them take it for sure... ultimately I just like to have fun & try putting more of my energy into creative shenanigans (I also firmly believe sitting in front of screens most of the time is not necessarily healthy..)🎮😄

Last edited:

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Wish everyone a beautiful day.
I might come back for the riddles later. :D

I wouldn't. Or perhaps any year later, then I'd be younger at least.

No. For my main reason, I refer you to this quote. :)

I eat few small meals, lol. Yeah, let's avoid the topic. :p

Hmm, in theory it would remove the stress and anxiety, but would also prevent me from preparing myself in some instances where it is needed. Still, I think I'd choose to remove the stress and anxiety, it negatively affects my life way too much.

Sure, if you do it enough, I guess you deserve the title. Everything is on a spectrum, innit.

lol I'm not a gamer at all, I've never played a video game in my life.

Legate Lanius

Update on R3. Maybe hero? Or king? Kinda confused by the men part...
Y-you're actually intrigued by my riddles?

R1. Truth
R2. Dreams
R3. Dunno but it feels like I could know
R4. Fireworks
All of your answers are wrong but you deserve praise for trying to do them, and you're not far off from getting them right.

I'll reveal answers in around six-eight hours or more so that Americans can try guessing after coming home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00