Jim's Café June 29th Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Nah, that's enough cowboy movies. Let's watch a really macho WW2 movie, like Cabaret.

Ya took da woids right outta my mout, dat's what I was gonna say(continues trying to figure out the You Are Here map)

I wouldn't visit one of those versions of me. He'd kick my ass and then sue me.
My crazy ass mother wanted me to be a lawyer. So if I met a me that became one, I'd know she ended up listening to the bitch instead of having a mind of her own. I'd probably kill that version of myself for being stupid.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Thanks for the invite Ash!

Coincidence or not, I travelled through a couple of multiverses myself while listening to this track. Trance is vital for space travel! Headphones are kinda mandatory.

Lol. I've never done psychedelics, but I'd say thats a pretty good way to travel across multiverses. :p

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
My crazy ass mother wanted me to be a lawyer. So if I met a me that became one, I'd know she ended up listening to the bitch instead of having a mind of her own. I'd probably kill that version of myself for being stupid.
My mother wanted me to be a priest
It was never a big thing and she never put any pressure on me about it, it just would have made her Catholic heart happy. Would I want to meet the multiverse priest version of me? Yes, I think so. We would probably have a nice, long talk. Especially after raiding the church's wine supply.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Having reflected on what you said further, I think I understand what you're saying now. You're saying how can we all have doppelgangers, with the other doppelgangers having made different choices, seeing as different sexual partners would have been part of those choices at some point, causing different DNA than the humans of this particular Earth?

If so, not quite sure how to answer that properly. So still calling upon @DouglasW to help lol.
Yup. That if there was a different human who made different choices, then in that universe we, with our unique DNA wouldn't exist, unless all the sexual partners were the same forever more. But I think you understood what I was saying.
So what I was saying about souls, was that being that we couldn't actually be exactly the same physically - unless in these other universes, were humans to exist, each would have made the same sexual choices and procreated in the same way, leading out DNA's to be exactly the same - we could only exist, were we to have 'soul's', Meaning that we weren't just physical. But in that case we could also have different physical attributes. For the 'us', or the 'I' wouldn't be the 'I' based just on DNA and physics, but would be based also on our nature, which isn't just DNA, but could also be the 'soul' (were the human made up of something other than just atoms and DNA, but the heart).
Making sense?
@DouglasW (in case you want more tagging...)

Debzy

Okay, so this other me would have a Master's Degree in Psychology and minor in both Physics and Philosophy. She would have her own therapy practice and specialize in personality disorders. She would have a more aggressive and dominant personality than me, and definitely not have social anxiety or BPD, or an opiate addiction. But being a psychologist, she would still understand all three quite well. All other things would remain the same, I think.

Oh, and here's the kicker. I would travel to this universe, which would have different laws of physics and no stupid people whatsoever, and I would engage in a lesbian relationship with this other me :D
@AsphyxiateOnWords this is gonna sound like a cop out, but same as you, only difference is I haven't had an opiate addiction......nooooo waaay, are you my doppelganger? And I'd definitely hook up with my lesbian self, but maybe not engage in a relationship, maybe just a wee passionate kiss :p. One of me is bad enough to deal with, relationship wise hahaha Am I just deviating from the subject? Noooooo, I'm still thinking about what to say! When I read your reply, I thought daaaaamn this is MEEEE!

Debzy

I just want to wish you all a peaceful blissful weekend, enjoy every minute of it. I found out today I lost 10 lbs this month, thats 25lbs lost in 2 months, im elated :D and enjoying my salmon platter I'm currently munching on. Peace x
Oh my gosh! Congratulations! That's impressive weight loss. You must be so proud of yourself! Takes a lot of hard work and dedication to achieve such a spectacular result @Petal ..... (well done from a newbie)

Debzy

Awww thank you @Debzy its lovely to meet you, thank you for congratulating me ~ it means a lot xxx
@Petal I'm just giving credit, where credit is due! I know how hard, sometimes almost impossible it is to lose weight. How come it's so much easier to put weight on than it is to lose weight, I wonder.....anyway WELL DONE! It's a pleasure and an honour to meet you!

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Petal I'm just giving credit, where credit is due! I know how hard, sometimes almost impossible it is to lose weight. How come it's so much easier to put weight on than it is to lose weight, I wonder.....anyway WELL DONE! It's a pleasure and an honour to meet you!
Yeah, it was pretty hard as the start, learning how to read food labels correctly, getting into the habit of exercising every morning, choosing the right foods for the right time of day. It was most definitely extremely hard,for example... today I was in Mcdonalds with my brother and mom and I had a diet coke, determination is a powerful tool. Thanks again. An honour to meet you too of course :)

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Why did the theorists settle on 'strings' as a way of explaining all of this stuff? Why not 'blobs' or 'plops'? Is it only because 'Cosmic Plop Theory' wouldn't sound so great, and would generate a lot less funding?
Lol, because unlike the elementary particles (quarks, leptons, antiquarks, and antileptons), which are zero-dimensional or "point-like", strings are one-dimensional extended objects.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
@AsphyxiateOnWords this is gonna sound like a cop out, but same as you, only difference is I haven't had an opiate addiction......nooooo waaay, are you my doppelganger? And I'd definitely hook up with my lesbian self, but maybe not engage in a relationship, maybe just a wee passionate kiss :p. One of me is bad enough to deal with, relationship wise hahaha Am I just deviating from the subject? Noooooo, I'm still thinking about what to say! When I read your reply, I thought daaaaamn this is MEEEE!
Nice, haha. I'd just go full-blown narcissist and have a romantic relationship with myself :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00