Jim's Café - Sunday September 4th

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone :)

How is everyone doing?

On the menu is whatever the next person makes :p
  2. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

So I needed to go to the EE store for a SIM top up which can't be done online. I get there for 10am only to find that they open at... eleven.
    Okay so I could go for a breakfast but I do need a couple of things in Wilkinson's. Yesterday the laptop fell from the bed and onto the floor and as it had the flash drive in it, when I looked at it it was bent and when I removed the cover the board was totally snapped in two. Anyway I get to Wilko's and the sign says... open 10.30 on Sundays. :mad:

At the cafe which is quite full, probably with customers who also found they were unable to shop at a reasonable hour, I tell the proprietor and she says, well, it's religion of course. But I say, if religion's your thing, go to church but don't lock the shops so that people who might only get a few hours on a Sunday to shop, can't get in.

Then I noticed this on their menu, just a smidgen of bad grammar but nevertheless, something that just doesn't make any sense. Double means two, I said, pointing out that the pluralism in the advertisement for double sausages was unnecessary.

Back at EE a couple of the store workers plus several expectant customers were waiting to go in. I show Ray the photo, saying I was forced to go and have a rather wonderful breakfast while waiting, I mean, you have to fill the time somehow.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Slept in again today. Its probably the bear in me that's eating and fattening up for winter. Had a killer headache took med for it and it is coming back. Oy cant win either way!
  4. I'm doing pretty good. Thought that the day would be bad but no, it turned out quite good actually. Watched a movie and now I'm off to bed.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Didn't get out of bed until almost 6. Feeling exhausted and depressed. I just want to give up but I guess I need to keep fighting on.
  6. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Was trying to go to my Meetup group, but there was a festival in the park, and I never ended up finding them. Apparently it still went on and was a good meeting. Got to try some Iranian food though, which was fun. Pretty glad tomorrow's a holiday.