It seems you all went and forgot the Cafe on the 10th... for shame people, for shame... and as punishment, you get ME! You poor fools!
Well, lets get to the point. Today has some wonderful topics, today we celebrate: "Fat Thursday", "Peppermint Patty Day", "Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk Day", "Get Out Your Guitar Day", "Pro Sports Wives Day", "Satisfied Staying Single Day", "Make A Friend Day" and "White T-Shirt Day"! Thats WHITE T-Shirt day, not Wet T-Shirt day, I know, I wish it was too... but it is Flirting Week if that's any consolation?
Well, I have been a little inactive on the forum the last couple weeks, so today I'm gonna go all out and split this cafe into 3 tables: The Uber Table, the Normal Table, and the Snooze Table! Please find your table and take your seats:
Welcome you Uber and Awesome People! We will be focusing on "Get Out Your Guitar Day" and "Make A Friend Day", although you are all so awesome that you can probably do this and head off for more, so feel free to find a seat at another table after you are done here.
Did you know that:
1) Music has a drastic effect on our perception of the world, from it's tempo altering our perception of time to its mood altering our recognition of emotions in others, what music you listen to has a profound effect on the world you see around you.
2) According to data taken from Encycolopedia Metallum and formed into a world map by a happy reddit user, Finland has the most Metal bands per capita in the world at 53.5 Metal bands per 100k people.
3) The British Navy employed a tactic of deploying Britney Spears music to scare off Somali Pirates, and it worked! Britney was chosen as they thought that out of all music ever, Somali Pirates would find the musical styling of Britney Spears the most unpleasant.
4) The world's longest musical performance is currently being played by an automated organ in St. Buchard Church in Germany, and is being played SO SLOWLY that it is due to finish in the year 2640.
Now for Challenge time (No questions for the Uber Table)!
1) Post a musical performance that you yourself made!
2) Find a random person on the forum now that you don't normally interact with and introduce yourself, then invite them here! Lets all make new friends!
Welcome Normies! For you we have a special treat: THE USUAL! We will be taking our inspiration of everything this glorious day has to offer!
1) After a great military victory, Napoleon Bonaparte's chief of staff once organised a rabbit hunt to celebrate, shipping rabbits in by the thousands and setting them loose. Rather than running, the rabbits all charged the "hunters" causing Napoleon to retreat to safety.
2) There has been repeated rumours that natural red-heads are going extinct as the gene causing vivid red hear is recessive, numbers supposedly dwindling with each generation, Luckily for EVERYONE (red hair is awesome) this is false, as you don't need the hair to carry the gene and red hair can reappear in a family even generations later.
3) Hummingbirds come in multiple variants, with the smallest, the "Bee Hummingbird" being only 2.25 inches long on average and often gets mistaken as an insect.
4) In 2005 the Australian government banned the use of the word "Mate" by all staff, this ban lasted 24 hours before being overturned by the Prime Minister himself citing it "essential to our culture".
Question time Normies! Answer if you can
1) What mistake did you make in the past that, once made, couldnt be undone, and you just had to live with it?
2) When was the last time you had a YOU day, no one else, just you having a great time in your own company? What did you get up to?
3) When was the last time you made a new friend?
4) When was the last time you tried to play a musical instrument? How did it go?
5) Do you enjoy sports? Which sports? (Crazy sports count and are encouraged)
Welcome people! I know you dozy bunch just want an easy ride and an excuse to say "hey" so I have gone and prepared the easiest table possible. We will be focusing on "White T-Shirt Day" Enjoy!
I bet you didnt know that:
1) The first promotional T-Shirt was made for the Wizard of Oz in 1939.
2) Movie stars such as John Wayne and James Dean popularised the T-Shirt as outer wear, before then it was considered underwear.
3) The Guinness World Record for most T-Shirts worn is 257, weighing in at over 200lb.
4) You would need roughly 56 million T-Shirts to create an unbroken circle of them around the earth.
And now for those SUPER easy White-T-Shirt themed questions:
1) Do you own a white T-Shirt and do you EVER wear it?
2) What is your favourite shade of white T-Shirt? "Whitesmoke"? "Snow"? "Ivory"?
3) Have you ever washed a White T-Shirt with the colour laundry by accident? Did it survive?
4) What is you favourite outfit to go with a White T-Shirt?
5) Is there, in your opinion, ANY article of clothing more boring than a plain white T-Shirt?
Well, now that you have all found and enjoyed your tables, I will admit that I spent WAY too long on this so I will just copy paste my invites from my 24th January Cafe and add in a few others from a recent cafe that I missed.
AND REMEMBER: Always be aware of the fact that a group of crows is called a Murder, so don't be caught unaware by their kind.... (Have you ever seen The Birds - 1963 ??)
@Aurelia @FlamingoWrangler @HappyKitty @johnDoen @Kiwi2016 @cymbele @extraterrestrialone @Sunday16