Jim's Café - Thursday 1st September

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning all.

I cannot believe that it is already September. Wow. Time flies.

Hope everyone has a good day.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning all!

It's been a while since I posted in the Café. Jim, I think of you every time I see the café. I miss you! I'm sure you're keeping heaven in music and smiles!

@Rockclimbingirl, I'm with you...Already the first day of September!?! Where did July and August go?

Today is an ultra busy and very important day for me. I have lived in my condo for about 14 years and I've never had a "group" over for a meal. I am doing a lunch for friends today. A midday "dinner" lunch for 6 of us. I have been cleaning the apartment from top to bottom, doing some of the "pre-cooking" that I could. I have a few little things left to prepare, but I hope I'm basically "ready." Thank goodness one of my friends is coming early and is going to help me - her presence will keep me calm. I hope hope hope this goes well! :eek: lol

Wishing everyone a very good day - a great start to September with more good stuff to come! *group hug*

3. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

School has gone okay so far. Today is my last day of classes this week. For some reason my school doesn't seem to do Friday classes, at least not much. I have only one class today, and it's in the evening. Psychology of emotion. Should be cool. I'm also going to see the counselor tomorrow for the first time. Maybe she can help me figure out what to do about this housing/money problem.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, my summer was a bust. Well, there were some good parts, but I wish I would have done more. Had a decent day, went shopping and spent time with my nephew. Still an undercurrent of stress that I am worried will get to be out of control.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Lazy today. Day off. Laying around enjoying the wind breezing thru the window its in the high 65s low 70s for a while. Feels like fall. Am I ready for Fall season? Pumpkin spice everywhere? Idk.

6. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

I have a job interview following the tour of the work place tomorrow. I'm anxious, but I can't afford to look nervous. I shouldn't stress the questions too much because it's a part-time, entry-level job, but I am. I'm dreading any potential surprises. Either way, I'm confident in my answers and that I'll get the job... yet I'm still stressing the questions. They should be very basic. Hell, probably just yes or no questions for the most part, although I think those were covered in my application. Whatever. I'm going to practice some more and try to sleep earlier.

Hope everyone has a brighter day.

7. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Inanimate likes this.