jim's café Thursday april 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Happy Thursday cafe friends and thanks for the tag @1964dodge

I'm not sure I'd want to have been born anywhen else. I was born in the 1970s so had a simple childhood without all the technology and complications that today's children have, but benefitted from the advances in medicine etc.

Having said that, I'd love to be able to time travel to visit other eras. I'd like to go to Woodstock in the 1960s, experience the rise of women's independence as a flapper girl in the 1920's jazz clubs, live the simple rural life that my ancestors did in the 1800s and witness Stonehenge being built about 5000 years ago.

What about you @Sunday16 @Anne Charlotte @Sunspots @Cynic Goat @BlueGreen @WolfGoddess @Ash600 @Livelife @Kiwi2016 @Foreignwoman

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello Thursday
It's strange that we jumped from Monday straight to Thursday (*hysterical)
Been really busy here preparing for the hols, cooking, cleaning and now I want to lay the table for tomorrow night so it'll be done. I ordered a whole lot of books but they don't seem to have been dispatched yet.... I'll need what to read to stay sane. I won't be able to do anything else and I really am going to do my best to keep it.
My sister and brother are here which is really nice, their kids are the heavenest out.

Come join us @Devenny @defeatedandlost @lifetalkz @Walker @BraveFace @Nick @Bloop @shattered dreams @MrDamaged @AFlower @DowntheRabbitHole

damonlover16_99

Thanks @1964dodge for the tag. I love the cafe I have to say. I always thought that in a previous life I lived in a native american tribe, and feel like it would be nice to go back there. Living in a small community, living off the land, close with nature and spirituality, extremely close family ties (hopefully the family is good to you or else yikes), I don't know when that would be like the 1700s maybe.

shattered dreams

My scars are healed, doesnt mean the pain is gone
Thx for the tag Mike...

I don't think i would want to change the decade that i grew up from, i was born in 1964. but i would love to re-live it all over again, growing up back then was less complicated, it was a simpler time. there were no cell phones,computers or the fast paced way of life that we have now. as a kid you had to really use your mind to be creative, it was more hands on. you actually had to personally talk to people face to face to communicate.

i spend way too much time daydreaming about the past, and how i would have done a lot of things differently, knowing what i know now.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Interesting question @1964dodge and thanks for the tag and @Woowoo too...I think that I would like to have been born on a small family farm perhaps in the 19th century where life though far from easy was comprised of physical manifestations of your efforts to support yourself and your family...e.g. tangible results and not so much the seemingly intangibles of today's modern world if that makes any sense. Though admit would have to be a vegetarian as would want to keep all my farm animals as pets.

tagging @charley spring @Angel368 @kdm @Auri @A guy with feelings @EZ Writer @Lane @Winter Blues @Havoc @mpk @Nick@nobodyknows71 @MagickLynx @pooky @Sunday16 @BlueGreen @Claudia UK @Fleurise

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thanks @1964dodge for the tag..
I know its not way in the past but the only other decade I have ever wanted to be around for was the 1960's because I LOVE bellbottoms!!
OMG...that brought back a memory ... I had purple velveteen elephant bell bottoms with a matching vest....lol... and also wondered if you remembered the goldfish platform shoes?... 1555599734546.png

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thx for the tag Mike...

I don't think i would want to change the decade that i grew up from, i was born in 1964. but i would love to re-live it all over again, growing up back then was less complicated, it was a simpler time. there were no cell phones,computers or the fast paced way of life that we have now. as a kid you had to really use your mind to be creative, it was more hands on. you actually had to personally talk to people face to face to communicate.

i spend way too much time daydreaming about the past, and how i would have done a lot of things differently, knowing what i know now.
I think we all wish we could have done things differently lol, by the way you were born the same year as my dodge

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Ok here I am after having given it some last few drops of thought. Here is a decade not necessarily first choice and only for the music: 1940s and the same goes for the 1930s. This next one just popped into my mind! The decade that the ferris wheel was invented. I would love to be one of the first to ride that! I wonder if anyone back then got stuck during those first ten years 1890s btw. Imagine, it might have been me! Ok, just 3 decades so far and I don't really want more than a year's worth of them anyway. So I'm still working with 7 years. @1964dodge I hope you don't mind my liberal interpretation of decade - this mix & match. I'll try for more soon maybe.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
What if! I'd like to be born Sept 19, 2021. Yeah that's a good decade. It hasn't happened yet. It's a good month too. Not exactly at the start, so it is a decade that may already be forming it's personality. That would be good. OK! I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00