Jim's Café - Thursday Sept. 8th

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning Café peeps.

I have class today. I should also do laundry.

@Petal will be making breakfast today

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good afternoon.

Mmmm did someone say breakfast? When I read the word breakfast rashers and sausages, eggs beans come to mind. Serving a full irish today, you will get blood pudding too if lucky ;)

Doctor ordered me to stay in bed today due to recurring migraines, so I will. :)

Rockclimbinggirl likes this.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Lots and lots of rain here storms too land needs water though so not complaining did shopping now tired need to lie down before doing other task that need to be done

4. Rockclimbinggirl

@Petal That sounds like a yummy meal. Hope you feel better soon.

5. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

This morning, therapy dogs came to my school, and I got to pet them. So cute. The only problem was there were tons of people gathering around them, so they were hard to reach sometimes. I have my psychology club meeting in about 2 hours. I don't know what it will be like or what we'll talk about. Maybe I'll hate it. I hope not. Then I have an evening class tonight. I really don't want to go, but I'm not going to let myself skip.

I'm also stressed out about rugby. That's tomorrow, and I doubt I'll be ready.

6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Making a "grape pie" today. :) It's in the oven now. My sister has made it, so it should turn out like a regular fruit pie...except it really does taste like grapes (like really rich grape jelly). Took ages because you have to squeeze the fruit out of each individual grape - 5 cups worth! Then cook that fruit on the stove, then mix in the skins and sugar and flour. Make the crust and bake. I hope it works...it should be yummy. *tries to lick grape juice from elbow*

7. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Still depressed about the work situation (being let go after giving my two weeks' notice). I had to scramble to reschedule doctor's appts (insurance ends on the last day of work). Guess I'm doing ok. I scheduled a day trip for next week to the city to keep me busy so I'm not sitting around awaiting for the new job to start. I went to the gym already and lots of time stretching out before me. I don't do well with lots of time on my hands. That's when those bad suicidal thoughts come back but I have been feeling good so maybe they won't be so bad.

8. Rockclimbinggirl

@Acy How was the pie? Did you bring some to share?

@baywasp How was the club meeting?

9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Today was incredibly hard again. I was cleaning the apartment and had to wipe most traces of my grandpa away, except for photos and war memorabilia and the like. Not an easy thing to do. We can't afford a funeral for him, but he can get buried for free, so that is a good thing.
    Also need to look for work soon...me and my mom both. If we don't make any income before next month, we are essentially broke. So it is very stressful right now.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  10. Rockclimbinggirl

@Witty_Sarcasm Good luck with the jobsearch. Are there any agencies that can help you?

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  11. Witty_Sarcasm

I think there are, so I will start looking into that as soon as I can.

Rockclimbinggirl likes this.
  12. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

It was okay. Not the most exciting. We mostly introduced ourselves and went over administrative stuff. But there were cookies :)
    Still not exactly sure what the club is going to be like on a week-to-week basis though.

13. Rockclimbinggirl

@baywasp clubs are a place to talk and chill sometimes. You can even ask other students if they know about any housing options.

baywasp and DrownedFishOnFire like this.
  14. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey Witty, I'm just wondering if the VA would help with funeral expenses? May be worth a call and see.
    Brian

15. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Pie came out of the oven and is now cool enough to eat. *hands out pie all around* Tastes like grape jelly!

16. Witty_Sarcasm

He can get buried for free in a military cemetery, so that is good.

17. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Okay that is good Witty, again my condolences for your loss