Jim's Café - Tuesday, October 4th

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone.

@NYJmpMaster What will we be serving today.

Hope you all have a good day.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Today will be a full roast/ carvery menu with all trimmings and of course a full Starbucks style gourmet coffee and hot drinks bar --

Hoping thta this mini feast will help all have a nice start to October.....

3. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. Busy converting MP3's to AAC's, to cut a long story short, ended up having to buy a new 7th gen iPod Nano because there is a fault on the jukebox function on my bluetooth hifi and my 4th gen iPod had no bluetooth, anyway, the new iPod is fab and champagne gold in colour, just that I must now convert over 600 items which will keep me busy for a few hours, ah well, there is no football on, hope everyone has had a good day, see ya!

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hello SF,

I have decided to start a new hobby. Or more a variant of an existing one. I am 33 and have been playing guitar off and on since I was 16. Last month i was playing a bit and not feeling it at all. I started listening to some different genres of music and thought maybe I should pick up the bass guitar as a change of pace. So i did. It's neat. I am learning the unique finger plucking technique that is traditionally used for it and wow that is a whole different feel to playing guitar with pick or even with fingers. My left hand knows what it's doing but the right hand is all out of sorts. Having fun so far.

take care everyone. beautiful colours on the trees here now with all of the leaves going orange and yellow before winter.

5. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Today's been a crappy day. Pretended like I had hope that class would be canceled so I could make practice, but of course that didn't happen. I kept almost falling asleep in class and couldn't stop thinking about how I wished I were playing rugby instead. We have a team meeting tonight, and I have to know what date idea I want to do (I'll quote the explanation at the end of the post in case you didn't see it.) I have no idea and I just wanna hide. Walked past some of the guys today, but didn't get to hang out with anybody this time.

Explanation of the "date" comment:

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I didn't hear back about the drug test, but it should be fine. I haven't been called about the job since last week, but I will still go in tomorrow as they had told me to do.

7. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

I've kind of been in the crapper again, as of late, but somehow still managing to get things done. Because of my current gloom the behavioral health lady at my primary dr's office wants me to shoot her an email before I see my pdoc next week. (She just wants to make sure I'm ok.) I think it'd be really good to increase my new med, but not sure my pdoc is gonna see it that way.

Other than this it's been kind of a slow week thus far. I've already begun strongly considering cancelling my therapy appt on Fri and not going to the group that day, either. Just want another breather. Both of these things are probably the last thing I 'should' be doing, but alas I need to do what's good for me right now. I won't make an absolute decision on that till tomorrow (Wed) night. We'll see what happens.

Take good care, ya'll.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  8. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Before the meeting, I got to hang out with some of the guys I don't normally talk to that much, which was cool. I thought of an okay date for the fundraiser too. At least the president thought it was okay. There's a particular park that has cool food stands and whoever bids highest on me (if anyone wants to bid on me at all) can go there with me, and I'll buy them food, and then we'll hang out. Hope they don't want anything too expensive since I don't have much money.