Jim's Café - Wednesday August 17

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone.

The special for today is french toast.

It is sunny here today :)

Not much planned for me today, just work.

2. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Planning on a very intense day. This morning I have some things to get done while on the phone for a meeting. One of those things is going to the library. Should be easy to concentrate on the meeting on the way there and while there. ;)

Then after I'm done at the library I'm off to my pdoc meeting. (Meeting will end during my first bus to that appt.) Am extremely nervous about this appt for reasons I won't get into now, but suffice it to say he's going to hear more from me today than anyone there has heard from me in 3mon.

Then I'll come home and probably take a nap out of sheer exhaustion, or I'll be so wound up I'll take my dog on a hundred walks. Who knows?

Nonetheless, I hope ya'll have a lovely day!!

Peace

DrownedFishOnFire and Brian777 like this.
  3. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Does the French toast come with or without maple syrup ;)

Group was a waste of time today. The regular OT was on holiday and the stand in was not much good. I overslept so missed my GP appointment. C'est la vie.

Have a grand day y'all, take care and stay safe out there.

4. Brittless

Brittless Well-Known Member

Good morning... coffees/tea for everyone. I also make nice morning smoothies... hope I'm not modernizing the cafe too much. :p I am in a lot of pain today... It's wearing on me yet I am trying to stay positive for my own sake. Not willing to go mad yet.

There are some things I need to do today and I have to stay sane for them. A hair cut for one... it's about time. Some other primping stuff and then I have to consider buying a laptop that is nearly a thousand dollars... yikes... it's making me want to bite my nails as we speak, and that's saying a lot because that's never been a habit of mine.

other than that it will be a normal day, as normal as it gets for me. hope everyone has a good day but not too good. take care.

-Brittany.

5. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey everyone, the weathers a cool 82 degrees minus the humidex, cooler than its been this last few weeks thank goodness. Having anxiety over meeting with an accountant later today, still dealing with my Moms estate although it's been over a year since she passed, I'm so tired of dealing with this. It seems never ending and it's not like we're talking about a large amount of money, but the government has so much paperwork to be completed its overwhelming. I'm an idiot when it comes to finances, nothing makes sense(why I need an accountant) Hopefully all this is near the end and I can get back to normal whatever normal is :)
    Sorry for the morning moan.
    Hope everyone has a good Wednesday
    Brian

6. Rockclimbinggirl

@SinisterKid You may have it with maple syrup if you wish. There is also marmalade or honey or sugar available.

7. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good afternoon SF,

taking a short one week vacation right now before September comes and the university gets busy again. mostly just watching olympics. Canada won a gold medal yesterday in men's high jump. I can't remember the last time a Canadian won high jump, if it has even happened before at all.

8. Rockclimbinggirl

Yay. :D Go Canada!!

9. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I woke up at about 3:30 pm today after staying up way too late. I hardly have a reason to wake up anyway.

The guy still hasn't seen my latest message about his room, and I'm getting really frustrated. Hope I have a place before school starts on the 29th. I never thought it'd be this hard.

10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Didn't do much today. Just feeling sick and in pain. Hope everyone is doing alright.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Eh. Today was definely not a good day for me in dietwise terms. Woke up in middle of the night and ate 2 bowls of lucky charms, 2 bowls of rice krispies. Woke up and ate candies and muffin then ate a bowl of soup and loaded potato skins and a loaf of bread along with polishing off a cup of chocolate chip ice cream that alone was 400 calories and a whopping 39g of sugar.

12. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

I'm going to bed , but really want to try and have coffee here in the morning. I'll do my best to get out of bed, but no promises.