Jim's cafรฉ Wednesday March 24 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFS

Hello everyone.

Thanks for the invite @1964dodge! :)

1. what is the three things that make you happy ( excluding family/friends)
Sun, shower, a steak.

2. what is your pet peeve
Myself when I'm being an asshole.

3. do you think a manned flight will leave the solar system in this century?
Would someone in 1921 even imagine that we would land on the moon? How am I supposed to know the answer of that question considering how fast the science is progressing?

4. if you had a chance to take a one way trip to build a colony on the moon or mars would you.
I can barely manage dealing with my shit here, let alone 1 million miles away from here. No, thank you!

5. if you could live in any century which century would you live in.
Do I have to live? lol

bonus question : if you knew somebody suffering depression and suicidal ideation would you direct them to SF knowing that they would see you.

Probably I would if I'd think it would be helpful to them.

Last edited:

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
ok now for the questions

4. if you had a chance to take a one way trip to build a colony on the moon or mars would you.

bonus question : if you knew somebody suffering depression and suicidal ideation would you direct them to SF knowing that they would see you.

@Dante @LonelyHiker @Road to Nowhere @extraterrestrialone @KM76710 @Autumn1973 @Livelife @HappyKitty @FlamingoWrangler @Ash600
What is the three things that make you happy (excluding family/friends)?
- A raise in salary or a tip, an achievement at work, and a quiet and cool night.

What is your pet peeve?
- Loud noises, like dog barking or children crying. Or the fact that people doesn't care if I'm annoyed by such noises.

Do you think a manned flight will leave the solar system in this century?
- Perhaps, by the 2080s or 2090s. I'm more certain at 22nd century. We still have a lot of problems in this planet to think of first.

If you had a chance to take a one way trip to build a colony on the moon or mars would you.
- I would. It's quieter in space.

If you could live in any century which century would you live in.

- Any of those centuries of the future. Perhaps, with hologram or something, therapy is cheaper.

If you knew somebody suffering depression and suicidal ideation would you direct them to SF knowing that they would see you.
- No, this forum is not for emergency. Besides, I'm here because no one wants to hear about my depression and suicidal ideation in real life, even a therapist.

Road to Nowhere

๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ’ซ
SF Supporter

Baseball, my boat, movie collection

Laziness, people who half ass everything in life.

No

Yes

20th century 1901-2000

Depends on the person.

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Hello & thank you for the invite & cafe today @1964dodge & @Lane, sorry I didn't answer yesterday, I got caught up in a bad anxiety bubble. I hope everyone is doing swell! ๐Ÿค—

The arts, nature, & animals definitely

I have a lot of cleaning pet peeves. Recently, my biggest peeve has stemmed from the dilemma that the others I live with aren't the cleanest & tend to keep things to the point they don't know what they have in their own house or to the point you can't tell what it is... I've been doing mass cleaning, really shocked with some of the stuff I have found hidden away ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Not sure but all signs are pointing to a high & probable chance! ๐Ÿš€๐ŸŒ 

If it were safe & orderly, yes!

I seriously can't choose lol there's a lot of cons it seems to a lot of previous centuries, perhaps the last one would be interesting! 1900s so forth!

Have a great day all ๐ŸŒผ

FFurry

SF Supporter
I'm a bit late, but thanks @1964dodge and @Lane...

Cats, happy hour drinks, western countryside.

People throwing paper towels and other compostable garbage into the regular trashcan instead of the compost bin right next to it. Not just by accident, but routinely, every day.

Yes, though the definition of "man" will likely change. Chances are our human brains will be infused with a lot of tech to enhance our abilities, assuming we even keep biological brains instead of uploading ourselves into a virtual medium or collective mind.

No. I need to figure out Earth first.

Far enough in the future for current problems to be solved (assuming they are, as opposed to humanity going extinct, but then I suppose the latter is a fine alternatively, personally speaking, even if I'm not a nihilist in general).

RCee

peace (like quiet when you can hear the world quiet no noise (happens usually really early on the weekends before cars and such ruin everything )

drugs. ...(sorry no one specified what makes you happy but not good for you ) doesnโ€™t mean I do all of em ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ or any for that matter....but at some times and some points....yeah sure..why not!

when I can laugh and itโ€™s not forced or Iโ€™m in a sad mood and finally after a half hour a comedian makes me laugh...a real laugh . I am also one of those people that busts out laughing during a movie or tv show when everyone else is silent. Yup Iโ€™m that person who finds. Comedy in odd things โ€˜

ohhh I have sooo many! So so many.
Where do I start.
as I answered this in chat just now
Usually my pet peeves are on a sliding scale of how annoying the said person or situation is at the moment
3. do you think a manned flight will leave the solar system in this century

anything is possible my friend...especially on the green screen

Nahhh Iโ€™m cool

Of course . I directed my sister and boss to this site before when they were going thru some things they both were hiding their pain and I meant ironed this site once and their eyes lit up.
For me personally, I donโ€™t care, if someone needs legit help.....they need help. I also am in no position I need to hide who I am because of job or status.
I wish all the time this site was around when I was young I see members on here so young and think...damn ! and so happy. So I feel people ...others donโ€™t know something like this exists and would want to know. There is a whole lot going on SF besides just start sui!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00