Jim's café Wednesday March 24 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
ok now for the questions

1. what is the three things that make you happy ( excluding family/friends)

2. what is your pet peeve

3. do you think a manned flight will leave the solar system in this century?

4. if you had a chance to take a one way trip to build a colony on the moon or mars would you.

5. if you could live in any century which century would you live in.

bonus question : if you knew somebody suffering depression and suicidal ideation would you direct them to SF knowing that they would see you.

@Dante @LonelyHiker @Road to Nowhere @extraterrestrialone @KM76710 @Autumn1973 @Livelife @HappyKitty @FlamingoWrangler @Ash600

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
my answers

1. three things : my 64 dodge , my pets, fishing

2. pet peeve : people that think they know it all and no nothing about what they're talking about

3. leave solar system : i think if many countries both government and private sector work together i think it's possible.

4. colony : i would definitely go to either the moon or mars.

5. live in any century : i would love to lie in the 1800s

bonus : i would direct people here because i'm not ashamed of who i am and don't worry about others knowing. also i know how much it helped me so i'd want them to get the support they need. i did it and it was a hard decision. i told my daughter and i'm glad that i did.

@Kiwi2016 @adamjam @Inya @Blue Star @JMG @MisterBGone @GFS @Gonz @Lane @Sunspots @Innocent Forever

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Computer, music, movies.

I have a lot, but people being complete dicks is one of them.

I don't know about this century, but it's definitely possible in the future.

4. if you had a chance to take a one way trip to build a colony on the moon or mars would you.
If I think Earth is getting worse, then I would probably do it.

Probably still in the 20th-21st century because it would be harder living in the past.

bonus question : if you knew somebody suffering depression and suicidal ideation would you direct them to SF knowing that they would see you.
Yes, as long as I could trust them with what I talk about on here.

Inya

babaya gayolera
Thank you for inviting me Mike.

Hiking, crafting, music, food

People in a bad place that think putting others down will make them feel better.

It should considering the first trip to the moon was over fifty years ago and all technological advances...but the distance is unimaginable.

No way, I like my earthly life. And building a colony requiers reproduction...no thanks lol.

Every century has good and bad stuff, so the current one is just fine.

bonus question : if you knew somebody suffering depression and suicidal ideation would you direct them to SF knowing that they would see you
I'd first think very carefully if this place can help them in any way and not so much about me.

Bergerac

Thank you for the tag, @1964dodge Mike *hug Hope you're doing alright, currently.

1) Nature, entertainment and hobbies

2) Any form of unprovoked, and out of proportion nastiness/cruelty, that leads to unfair consequences for the victim. Bullying, in essence.

3) Very unlikely. Or, at least, not until right at the end of the century. But, even then, no.

4) Not at all. I am a total coward. Besides, I really don't see the point in it myself. I believe in carrying out my purpose in this life, on this earth, and evolving the soul. Just does nothing for me.

5) I am interested in either the 1800s, or the 1900s, up until 1950. Different life altogether.

6) It would depend on whether they knew about my mental health or not.

Have a lovely day everyone, and sending you all my best wishes, whatever you're going through.
*hug

Blue Star

1. what is the three things that make you happy ( excluding family/friends) Nature, music, and watching sports on TV

2. what is your pet peeve: I tend to repeat myself

3. do you think a manned flight will leave the solar system in this century? Yes

4. if you had a chance to take a one way trip to build a colony on the moon or mars would you. Maybe? I don't like the one way trip part.

5. if you could live in any century which century would you live in. 27th century

bonus question : if you knew somebody suffering depression and suicidal ideation would you direct them to SF knowing that they would see you. Probably.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Building things out of wood, cooking, and whisky

Peole spending 15 minutes in the bathroom texting at work

No. I believe the earth will be destroyed within this century

Total waste of time and money. There is plenty of room on earth, if everybody did their part to eliminate pollution and worked together to make the earth a better place.

I would live in the here and now; love the technology, love time saving appliances. Imagine having to hang you clothes outside to dry in the winter, working from sunup to sundown just to put food on the table and a roof over your head in the 19th century, women as second class citizens, or earlier with black people as slaves, having to harness a horse to go anywhere

I have directed people here.

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Morning everyone. Thank you for the tag @1964dodge i hope everyone’s day has started well. I’m in need of knowing you guys are around today. Feeling a little exposed and anxious today.

Nice questions today, thank you Mike.

Nature, music, cross st

Everyone around me being right and me being wrong all the time.

Wow, tough question but I guess anything is possible.

Probably not

Not sure. They all have their different stresses and problems.

Some of you are really brave saying yes to this question. I don’t think I could. Sounds really selfish but I prefer to have somewhere that is mine where I can speak freely.

Take care all, sending lots of hugs to get you through your days. *grouphug2 Xx

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you for the tag and for opening, Mike.

• coffee
  • photography
  • success

I've got a list.
  • Passive aggressive behaviour
  • Hearing other people's music in public or even at home, get lost.
  • People having phonecalls on loudspeaker for no good reason, in public.
  • When you're sat in the living area, watching TV and someone also doing that decides to take a phone call and then has the NERVE to tell you to turn the TV down. Pal, you've got legs.
  • PEOPLE EATING WITH THEIR MOUTHS OPEN - WERE YOU RAISED IN A BARN?
  • Lip smacking
  • Slurping
  • Burping/farting in public
There are so many more, I am generally a privately irritable person when I'm out and about.

eh, nah. 100 years isn't that long.

I love space and do generally hate how the world/society is... so I want to say yes.

now, today. I think people suck more or less the same as they ever did but in different ways. at least this way I can binge watch Netflix.

eh no. I wouldn't tell anyone I used this kinda site so.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Music
Cocktails
Influx of cash

Arseholic traits of mankind

If you define the Oort cloud as the endpoint of the solar system, ie where the Sun no longer exerts any influence, then no chance if you take into distances and max speed of travel available. Unless of course, someone discovers a short cut via a worm hole. However even then, two things need to be borne in mind. The first being you don't know what shit might be coming towards you in the opposite direction. Secondly, there's likely to be "road works" going on during Bank holidays whiich would naturally lead to delays.

Hell yeah.

As long as there is electricity, (or a suitable variant) vodka and a luxurious assortment of fine wine and food, then any century would do for me.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
]1. what is the three things that make you happy ( excluding family/friends)
God, reading, a good nights sleep

This whole damn world

Yes

No

1900's

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00