Jim's Café -Wednesday September 21st

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning everyone.

On the menu today is scrambled eggs :)

I am early for my class so I am playing with a slinky :p

Hope everyone has a fantastic day :D
  2. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I feel sick and annoyed. I missed my first class of the day due to oversleeping, and I probably can't practice today because my leg still hurts. I tried to run an extremely short distance last night, but it just didn't work. I think it hurts more this morning than it did last night. I wanna do this so bad though.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey everyone,
    @Rockclimbinggirl i used to have a slinky years ago, I didn't know they were still around lol@baywasp you may be better resting that leg for a few days, it'll take longer to heal if you keep pushing it. I'm sorry you're missing your games.
    Another pretty Fall day in southern Ontario, sunny and 80degrees, I love the Fall weather with the cool nights.
    Hope everyone has a great day!!!
    Hugs to all
  4. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Hiya folks!

A very stressful day on tap here. Have court for a civil matter, and am terrified to death about it. (Have PTSD from a different, not civil, case 8yrs ago.) I did seek counsel about this, so do feel prepared for it, so guess that's good. Still weirds me out, though.

Other than that, it looks to be a nice day in store. Weather is expected to be pleasant, low 80's today, and will get a couple other lighter things done.

Do need to start mentally preparing myself for the next couple days, too. Have a meeting regarding healthcare tomorrow (another trauma attached to that), and on Friday I meet with my new therapist for the first time. But alas, I should probably just focus on today. After all one day at a time, eh?
    DrownedFishOnFire and Brian777 like this.
  5. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hope all goes well at court @betteroffunknown I get nervous dealing with anything like that too. Good luck my friend
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I like my monitor, but it is so loose that I have the cord to the side of the computer. I can't even move it a bit without it turning off, so that is annoying. Also sick of eye allergies...wish my eye would stop watering sometime soon.
    betteroffunknown and Brian777 like this.
  7. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I went to practice today and I couldn't do much, but I made some serious progress in throwing and catching and even managed to make a few decent kicks. Most of the drills involved running, so I just watched, and I had a breakthrough on my understanding of clearing out the ruck (if anyone here knows rugby at all, and hell, I might have used the wrong terminology anyway). I totally would have jumped right in there if I weren't hurt. It was a small group because a lot of people couldn't make it today, so I was a lot more comfortable with the group. Since almost nobody showed up, we're having practice early tomorrow morning too. I thought I lost my cell phone, but it turns out I had just left it in my teammate's car. Everyone was pretty nice today, and even though I wasn't involved much, I felt like I belonged. I just need to work on not apologizing so much probably.