Jim's Cafe - 13 July 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by baywasp, Jul 13, 2016.

1. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Good morning all!
    I'll make the cafe breakfast today since I can't seem to get any sleep right now: how do chocolate chip pancakes sound? (Or regular pancakes for people who may think that sounds too sweet)
    This morning (at about 2am) I went out for a quesadilla with chorizo and smoked mozzarella. Later I have to make a few phone calls to school and other places to get answers to some of the questions I have.
    What are you all doing today? I hope there's room in your schedule to do something fun.
    Have a great day, everybody.

Witty_Sarcasm and calvinandhobbs like this.
  2. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Firstly today, thank you to everyone in previous days for supportive comments, it means a lot. For anyone who can remember student days or moving into a new flat they will appreciate there are so many things to buy, today I am still getting new things missed before like tea towels and a baking tray! The latter will be essential tonight for cooking lime and sweet chilli chicken drumsticks.

It was the router's turn to play up today, something to do with failed DNS, took it and my laptop and tablet to the store, of course after a minute being in there it decided to connect to the internet. The minute I set it up indoors again, same old problems. So I managed to get on here by adjusting a few things in settings and rebooting the router, suddenly SF sprang into life and so I am getting this posted before it changes it's mind.

So we now have an edit function in posts except... three minutes! Some forums you can edit a post three years later!

The good news is that the set top box is now married to the tv and they both seem happy in this honeymoon period. What I needed to do but hadn't was connect the two via a Scart lead.

The picture is a bit ropey though, hardly high definition but watchable and I am catching up on Neighbours... yes, how sad I know.

Who will be next to post in today's diary?

calvinandhobbs likes this.
  3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Afternoon all. Just grabbing a poutine as I leave work.

4. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

Sadly...I just wanna have a sad day in bed.

5. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Then have a day in bed if thats what you really want. I refuse point blank to give into that, because I am such a stubborn old bugga, but I will sit all day wathing movies or being online, so whats the lesser of two evils?

Hope tomorrow is a better day and you feel more up to doing something.

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I want all the food in the first post, and more :p I saw my nephew for only a few minutes, but he gave me a hug, so it was worth it all :) I feel bad about cutting my friend off, but since he thought women and other groups and races were somehow inferior to him, I just had to do it.

calvinandhobbs and Petal like this.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Did not have such a great day, got a tooth pulled out and was in a lot of pain. Did not really even speak with anyone much today. I had a panic attack at the dentists not because I am afraid of dentists because I was just anxious in general. Hope tomorrow will be a better day.

8. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I had my second good day today. What made it a good day? I was productive and felt wanted by people. Hasn't happened in a while. Two sisters actually called me on the phone to chat (no one normally does that- I am the one who is always initiating the phone calls). Hope tomorrow is a good day. Bad days will return but at least I had two good days.

SinisterKid and calvinandhobbs like this.
  9. __d

__d Active Member

I had a down morning at uni and didn't do any work, but after lunch I went out to visit a friend and help with an upcoming exam, and we walked in the hot evening and had a good chat, and I am thankful for it, though still down. Hope you guys have good times.