In the SF doghouse with Burt
HELLO ladies and gentleman and welcome to the often delayed or forgotten, but always loved Jim's Cafe! I am sorry I haven't opened one in a while, despite the intermittent posting lately, I have been busy, but today, I will pull my thumb out and help keep this going by opening the cafe again ^^
So, todays celebrations: Today is World Music Day, International Yoga Day, World Motorcycle Day, Selfie Day (shudder), Indigenous Peoples Day, Peaches 'N Cream Day, World Giraffe Day, Make Music Day, World Humanist Day, Daylight Appreciation Day, Go Skateboarding Day, Pride Month, Guitars on the Beach Festival, PTSD Awareness Month, Great Outdoors Month.... The list goes on and on and on. So Today we will have music, fun facts, a vast menu across the tables, an open bar and more ^^
1) The most watched show ever, worldwide, is Baywatch.
2) George Lucas paid for the entire $33 million production cost of Star Wars 5 himself by taking out a bank loan. He made his money back in 3 months and the film grossed over half a billion dollars making it the most successful independent film in history.
3) The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween" was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
4) Although identified with Scotland, bagpipes are actually a very ancient instrument, introduced into the British Isles by the Romans.
5) The longest Marathon guitar session ever recorded was by David Browne, Ireland, in the Temple Bar Pub in Dublin. He played for 114 hours, 6 minutes and 30 seconds, confirmed by Guinness World Records officials from the 12-17th of June 2011, during which he played 1,372 consecutive songs.
With Make Music Day, World Music Day and the Guitars on the Beach even in UK, how can we not discuss Music?
1) What do you like to listen to?
2) Who is your favourite Band/Artist? (Link/Video encouraged)
3) What's your favourite song?
4) Do you make your own music? (Link encouraged, but remember anonymity please)
5) What was the last music event you went to? (Stories encouraged)
6) What do you listen to when you need a pick-me-up? (Link/Video strongly encouraged)
Going Outside Table
With Daylight Appreciation Day and Great Outdoors Month, it seems right.
1) What is your favourite part of the great outdoors?
2) Do you prefer bright sunny skies, rolling clouds, thunder storms, rain?
3) Do you have a favourite place you go outside?
4) Whats the longest time you have avoided going outside?
5) Whats the longest time you have spent outdoors?
Stories for 4 and 5 encouraged.
A bit of a stretch, but I think putting International Yoga Day, International Humanist Day, PTSD Awareness Month and Selfie Day together gets you "Self Care"... right?
1) What do you do to keep yourself going/happy?
2) What methods do you use to cheer up/carry on when you feel low?
3) Who in your life helps you stay sane?
4) When was the last time you took a day to look after yourself? (get out, exercise, relax, a YOU day)
5) When was the last time you encouraged a friend to take care of themselves more?
A place to relax and just say "Hi"
1) Say Hi
2) Say more.
Yes folks, its time for the old recruitment drive. Jim's Cafe is spending a lot of time between openings, YOU can help by posting. It doesnt need to be big, or even well thought out, just say "welcome", invite some people, be they regulars or veterans, and give us something to talk about. Job done.