Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
coollogo_com-90931318.png
HELLO ladies and gentleman and welcome to the often delayed or forgotten, but always loved Jim's Cafe! I am sorry I haven't opened one in a while, despite the intermittent posting lately, I have been busy, but today, I will pull my thumb out and help keep this going by opening the cafe again ^^

So, todays celebrations: Today is World Music Day, International Yoga Day, World Motorcycle Day, Selfie Day (shudder), Indigenous Peoples Day, Peaches 'N Cream Day, World Giraffe Day, Make Music Day, World Humanist Day, Daylight Appreciation Day, Go Skateboarding Day, Pride Month, Guitars on the Beach Festival, PTSD Awareness Month, Great Outdoors Month.... The list goes on and on and on. So Today we will have music, fun facts, a vast menu across the tables, an open bar and more ^^

Relaxing Music

Fun Facts.
1) The most watched show ever, worldwide, is Baywatch.
2) George Lucas paid for the entire $33 million production cost of Star Wars 5 himself by taking out a bank loan. He made his money back in 3 months and the film grossed over half a billion dollars making it the most successful independent film in history.
3) The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween" was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
4) Although identified with Scotland, bagpipes are actually a very ancient instrument, introduced into the British Isles by the Romans.
5) The longest Marathon guitar session ever recorded was by David Browne, Ireland, in the Temple Bar Pub in Dublin. He played for 114 hours, 6 minutes and 30 seconds, confirmed by Guinness World Records officials from the 12-17th of June 2011, during which he played 1,372 consecutive songs.

Music Table
With Make Music Day, World Music Day and the Guitars on the Beach even in UK, how can we not discuss Music?
1) What do you like to listen to?
2) Who is your favourite Band/Artist? (Link/Video encouraged)
3) What's your favourite song?
4) Do you make your own music? (Link encouraged, but remember anonymity please)
5) What was the last music event you went to? (Stories encouraged)
6) What do you listen to when you need a pick-me-up? (Link/Video strongly encouraged)

Going Outside Table
With Daylight Appreciation Day and Great Outdoors Month, it seems right.
1) What is your favourite part of the great outdoors?
2) Do you prefer bright sunny skies, rolling clouds, thunder storms, rain?
3) Do you have a favourite place you go outside?
4) Whats the longest time you have avoided going outside?
5) Whats the longest time you have spent outdoors?
Stories for 4 and 5 encouraged.

Self-Care Table
A bit of a stretch, but I think putting International Yoga Day, International Humanist Day, PTSD Awareness Month and Selfie Day together gets you "Self Care"... right?
1) What do you do to keep yourself going/happy?
2) What methods do you use to cheer up/carry on when you feel low?
3) Who in your life helps you stay sane?
4) When was the last time you took a day to look after yourself? (get out, exercise, relax, a YOU day)
5) When was the last time you encouraged a friend to take care of themselves more?

The Bar
A place to relax and just say "Hi"
1) Say Hi
2) Say more.

Recruitment Table
Yes folks, its time for the old recruitment drive. Jim's Cafe is spending a lot of time between openings, YOU can help by posting. It doesnt need to be big, or even well thought out, just say "welcome", invite some people, be they regulars or veterans, and give us something to talk about. Job done.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
View attachment 46023
HELLO ladies and gentleman and welcome to the often delayed or forgotten, but always loved Jim's Cafe! I am sorry I haven't opened one in a while, despite the intermittent posting lately, I have been busy, but today, I will pull my thumb out and help keep this going by opening the cafe again ^^

So, todays celebrations: Today is World Music Day, International Yoga Day, World Motorcycle Day, Selfie Day (shudder), Indigenous Peoples Day, Peaches 'N Cream Day, World Giraffe Day, Make Music Day, World Humanist Day, Daylight Appreciation Day, Go Skateboarding Day, Pride Month, Guitars on the Beach Festival, PTSD Awareness Month, Great Outdoors Month.... The list goes on and on and on. So Today we will have music, fun facts, a vast menu across the tables, an open bar and more ^^

Relaxing Music

Fun Facts.
1) The most watched show ever, worldwide, is Baywatch.
2) George Lucas paid for the entire $33 million production cost of Star Wars 5 himself by taking out a bank loan. He made his money back in 3 months and the film grossed over half a billion dollars making it the most successful independent film in history.
3) The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween" was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
4) Although identified with Scotland, bagpipes are actually a very ancient instrument, introduced into the British Isles by the Romans.
5) The longest Marathon guitar session ever recorded was by David Browne, Ireland, in the Temple Bar Pub in Dublin. He played for 114 hours, 6 minutes and 30 seconds, confirmed by Guinness World Records officials from the 12-17th of June 2011, during which he played 1,372 consecutive songs.

Music Table
With Make Music Day, World Music Day and the Guitars on the Beach even in UK, how can we not discuss Music?
6) What do you listen to when you need a pick-me-up? (Link/Video strongly encouraged)

Going Outside Table
1) What is your favourite part of the great outdoors?
2) Do you prefer bright sunny skies, rolling clouds, thunder storms, rain?
3) Do you have a favourite place you go outside?
4) Whats the longest time you have avoided going outside?
5) Whats the longest time you have spent outdoors?

Self-Care Table
A bit of a stretch, but I think putting International Yoga Day, International Humanist Day, PTSD Awareness Month and Selfie Day together gets you "Self Care"... right?
4) When was the last time you took a day to look after yourself? (get out, exercise, relax, a YOU day)
5) When was the last time you encouraged a friend to take care of themselves more?

The Bar
A place to relax and just say "Hi"
1) Say Hi
2) Say more.

Recruitment Table
Yes folks, its time for the old recruitment drive. Jim's Cafe is spending a lot of time between openings, YOU can help by posting. It doesnt need to be big, or even well thought out, just say "welcome", invite some people, be they regulars or veterans, and give us something to talk about. Job done.
it's still the 20th here and about to have fathers day dinner and after that I will not be very awake. I'm afraid I'll be late again! but just saying I'm an board with all these "days" and the coffee and music thanks thanks @Dante and love all music!!! 🌞🌞🌞👽👽👽

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
Self-Care Table
1/2 - It depends.. sometimes I'll go for a hike/walk, sometimes I'll queue up the 3 Stooges for a laugh or two, or one of George Carlin's bits (his routines always ground me and help remind me, in a humorous way, how cocked-up we as a species truly are).

3 - George Carlin lol...

4 - I try to carve out a little time for myself EVERY day...

5 - Not really sure...most of the people I know are either already taking good care of themselves, or would just humor my advice and keep doing what they've always done anyway...

Reaver

Wasting away
Anyone who has seen my posts in the song threads will know what my favourite band is... or anyone who recognises their logo since I use some art involving it as my avatar. Breaking Benjamin has been my favourite band since I was a kid.

I can't really pick a single favourite since I love so many of their songs, but before their newer albums I did consider the acoustic version of "Give Me A Sign" to be my favourite. Link here for anyone interested in giving it a listen.

I don't know if I could ever make my own music, but I would love to become a good singer (even if it wouldn't lead to a successful career or something).
I'd like to think I'm already decent at the very least, but I have no real clue about how good I sound or if it's possible to improve.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Music Table
1) What do you like to listen to? A ltitle bit of everything.
2) Who is your favourite Band/Artist? (Link/Video encouraged) Hard to pick one, maybe Led Zeppelin.
3) What's your favourite song? Impossible to pick just one. lol
4) Do you make your own music? (Link encouraged, but remember anonymity please) I write songs, but I want to learn to play a few instruments.
5) What was the last music event you went to? (Stories encouraged) Hmm, not sure if I can remember :P
6) What do you listen to when you need a pick-me-up? (Link/Video strongly encouraged) Upbeat music

Going Outside Table
1) What is your favourite part of the great outdoors? All of it
2) Do you prefer bright sunny skies, rolling clouds, thunder storms, rain? Partly cloudy and a bit of wind.
3) Do you have a favourite place you go outside? Anywhere really
4) Whats the longest time you have avoided going outside? I can avoid going out for weeks, especially in winter.
5) Whats the longest time you have spent outdoors? A few days when I was camping.

Self-Care Table
1) What do you do to keep yourself going/happy? Play games, read, write, talk to friends, watch TV and movies, listen to music.
2) What methods do you use to cheer up/carry on when you feel low? Anything that can keep me distracted and busy.
3) Who in your life helps you stay sane? Friends and family.
4) When was the last time you took a day to look after yourself? (get out, exercise, relax, a YOU day) Not for a while, but I should do that more often.
5) When was the last time you encouraged a friend to take care of themselves more? Whenever they seem to be stressed and overwhelmed.

RCee

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Music Table
1) What do you like to listen to? A ltitle bit of everything.
2) Who is your favourite Band/Artist? (Link/Video encouraged) Hard to pick one, maybe Led Zeppelin.
3) What's your favourite song? Impossible to pick just one. lol
4) Do you make your own music? (Link encouraged, but remember anonymity please) I write songs, but I want to learn to play a few instruments.
5) What was the last music event you went to? (Stories encouraged) Hmm, not sure if I can remember :P
6) What do you listen to when you need a pick-me-up? (Link/Video strongly encouraged) Upbeat music

Going Outside Table
1) What is your favourite part of the great outdoors? All of it
2) Do you prefer bright sunny skies, rolling clouds, thunder storms, rain? Partly cloudy and a bit of wind.
3) Do you have a favourite place you go outside? Anywhere really
4) Whats the longest time you have avoided going outside? I can avoid going out for weeks, especially in winter.
5) Whats the longest time you have spent outdoors? A few days when I was camping.

Self-Care Table
1) What do you do to keep yourself going/happy? Play games, read, write, talk to friends, watch TV and movies, listen to music.
2) What methods do you use to cheer up/carry on when you feel low? Anything that can keep me distracted and busy.
3) Who in your life helps you stay sane? Friends and family.
4) When was the last time you took a day to look after yourself? (get out, exercise, relax, a YOU day) Not for a while, but I should do that more often.
5) When was the last time you encouraged a friend to take care of themselves more? Whenever they seem to be stressed and overwhelmed.

FFurry

SF Supporter
Thanks, @Dante ! These are all good topics, but I'll pick one, since I don't want to deluge people with verbiage.

I guess the word is "eclectic," except I'm put off by most "popular" music (pretty much anything with more than a couple million views or listens on different platforms). Not to be snobby, I just don't like most of it for some reason!
Changes all the time! Even on the same day.
Ditto, except perhaps even more frequently.
I've "composed" a few trivial piano pieces, but since I have no musical talent, I play them to myself only! :D
Decades ago, I went to a Rush concert, mainly because someone had spare tickets. I didn't expect the loudness and was deaf for hours afterwards. I still don't understand how anyone could enjoy that sort of loudness, which actually applies to most of these types of popular concerts.
This also changes frequently, but I've liked this one of late:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00