Jim's Cafe - 3rd March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
coollogo_com-90931318.png
Welcome one and all to Jim's Cafe! A little less going rogue and a little more "topics of the day" this time, so lets see what day it is today:
1) "World Wildlife Day"
2) "What if Cats and Dogs had Opposable Thumbs day"
3) "National Anthem Day"
4) "Registered Dietitian Day"
5) "Canadian Bacon Day"
6) "International Irish Whiskey Day",
7) "World Maths Day"
8) "Cold Cuts Day"
9) "Mulled Wine Day"

So what shall we do with these topics? Well, By Mixing 3, 5 and 6 we get the "National Appreciation Table", next, Lets mix 1 and 2 for the "Animal Lover's Table", and finally, The recruitment table, Oh and a little something extra hidden at the back... I really wanted to do a maths table, but I couldn't think of any good questions, I suppose that's what happens when you neglect sleep... so instead, an open invitation to anyone who wants to teach us Maths or talk about any of the other days above if it moves you. :)

So Pick your table and feast yourself on the topics at hand :D but first:

Fun Facts
Did you know:
1) If you are drinking Champaign from a place other than a very specific town in France, its not actually Champaign, it is Sparkling Wine. Champaign is a sparkling wine named for the specific region in France in which it is made.
2) North Korea and Cuba are apparently the only countries in the world where you cant by Coca Cola.
3) The Canary Islands were named after Dogs, not Birds. The name "Canary Islands" comes from the Italian name "Islas Canarias" which itself comes from the Latin "Canariae Insulae" meaning "Island of Dogs".
4) Australia boasts possibly the lonest place name in the world with the little town of "Mamungkukumpurangkuntjunya Hill".
5) 1 Billion used to mean "1million millions", as defined in the 16th century, but in recent decades the American Billion "1thousand millions" gained such popularity that other countries began to cave.

National Appreciation Table
A Table for us all to get warm and fuzzy about those strange concepts of "you cant come here, we claimed this bit".
1) Which country are you from?
2) What is your favourite thing about your country?
3) If I were stuck in your country for a week, where is 1 place I would absolutely have to visit? Or alternatively 1 activity I MUST do?
4) What country have you always wanted to visit and why?
5) Which country has the best Language / Accent? (You can choose your own, and you can choose any regional language/accent of any country)
6) What does your country mean to you?

Animals Lovers Table
First a BIG shout out to anyone with an animal name or avatar, you belong here :D
1) For all those pet owners, tell us something unusual about your pet, odd habits, unexpected abilities, escape attempts anything.
2) Tell us about what it takes to take care of your pet?
3) What aspect of which animal do you REALLY envy?
4) Have you ever got the chance to work with wild animals, if so, tell us a story, if not, would you if you could?
5) Tell us Why you love animals, just go nuts :D

The Recruitment Table
This is the table where anyone can sign up to do tomorrows Cafe for us all. All you have to do is post in BIG COLOURFUL LETTERS "I VOLUNTEER"

The Philosophy Bunker
I noticed a couple people say they like Philosophy so I made a thread called the Philosophy Bunker, it is meant to be an addon for todays cafe but doesnt need to be abandoned tomorrow if you do like it there.
https://www.suicideforum.com/community/threads/philosophy-bunker.168641/

Tags
Please feel free to tag anyone you like.
@Aurelia @FlamingoWrangler @HappyKitty @johnDoen @Kiwi2016 @cymbele @extraterrestrialone @Sunday16

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
National Appreciation Table
A Table for us all to get warm and fuzzy about those strange concepts of "you cant come here, we claimed this bit".
1) Which country are you from? US
2) What is your favourite thing about your country? The fact that there are 50 states that are very diverse and so many great places to visit.
3) If I were stuck in your country for a week, where is 1 place I would absolutely have to visit? Or alternatively 1 activity I MUST do? Visit Upper Michigan if you like nature. Really, it's great here.
4) What country have you always wanted to visit and why? Anywhere in Europe because I've always wanted to visit.
5) Which country has the best Language / Accent? (You can choose your own, and you can choose any regional language/accent of any country) Too many to choose from...Spanish, Italian, Greek....can't pick just one.
6) What does your country mean to you? I appreciate the fact that I have freedoms I may not have in other countries.

Animals Lovers Table
First a BIG shout out to anyone with an animal name or avatar, you belong here :D
1) For all those pet owners, tell us something unusual about your pet, odd habits, unexpected abilities, escape attempts anything.
3) What aspect of which animal do you REALLY envy? The ability for birds to fly because they can go wherever they want.
4) Have you ever got the chance to work with wild animals, if so, tell us a story, if not, would you if you could? No but that sounds fun.
5) Tell us Why you love animals, just go nuts :D They are unique and majestic, cute and empathic, they are human like in some ways and great companions.

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
The one with all the spiders

Idk, maybe the fact that we all swear like sailors. There's not a lot that I like.

3) If I were stuck in your country for a week, where is 1 place I would absolutely have to visit? Or alternatively 1 activity I MUST do?
The pub :D and idk what activities people do here. Watching sports and going camping are pretty common.

Idk, most European countries seem pretty cool. Maybe France or Germany or something.

5) Which country has the best Language / Accent? (You can choose your own, and you can
France, 100%
Nothing really, it's pretty shit. I'm no patriot.

My cats love people but hate each other. Makes no sense to me honestly.
Love and patience

I like how most animals will just bite someone if they don't like them.

Last edited:

Blue Star

1) Which country are you from? I was born and raised in the USA. My parents are from Mexico.
2) What is your favourite thing about your country? Diversity of people.
I would say go to Sedona, Mt. Shasta, or any national park.

4) What country have you always wanted to visit and why? France.....because of Paris.
5) Which country has the best Language / Accent? (You can choose your own, and you can choose any regional language/accent of any country) French. Sounds so romantic.
6) What does your country mean to you? A lot because I live here. I want people to feel free in this country.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hiya *grouphug2 Hope everyone has a great day today!

Belgium. :)

Belgians usually don't take things too seriously, they're festive and chill and open to other cultures (as in, it's multicultural).

In a week you can visit the whole country by car or by train, which happens to be fairly cheap. :D I guess Bruges/Brugge is a cute city, but if you're more into peaceful more nature-oriented places, Dinant (irrelevant, but the saxophone was invented there). Go for a bike ride if the weather allows it.

Bruges

Dinant

Finland, because I feel a particular connection to its culture/lifestyle/mentality.

5) Which country has the best Language / Accent? (You can choose your own, and you can choose any regional language/accent of any country)
I don't want to pick mine, but I do think French is a very unique and beautiful language. :D I wish I could hear it from an outsider's point of view, without understanding it.

Not much. It's where I was born and have always lived. It's a good country to live in if you can put up with the grey clouds all year round.

Birds, they can fly wherever they want, whenever they want.

5) Tell us Why you love animals, just go nuts :D
They're all wonderful, beautiful and unique just like us. The diversity is magical. :)

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am
Thanks for the invite, Dante.

1. The United States

2. NASA. I've always felt the Space Program is a demonstration of what we're capable of when we focus and work together. Something that has the potential to unite the world.

3. Can't think of anything at the moment. The way things are right now in this country.

4. Italy or Greece. I love classical mythology, and would love to see the pieces of history dedicated to it.

5. The United Kingdom.

6. I don't know anymore. For the same reasons I can't answer question number 3. Currently, this country epitomizes hatred and intolerance more than anything else. If this offends anyone...I'm not going to apologize for how I feel right now. I can't be politically correct with my feelings about what I've witnessed happen in this country for the last four years and what it directly lead to on January 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00