Jim's cafe 4th of July 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Petal, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good morning folks,

So it's indepdence day for the Americans, happy 4th of July.
    Just sitting here chilling and listening to Eminem, had a 3am meal with my brother lol it was nice :)
    I hope everyone has a great day, I look forward to reading about everyone's fun filled plans, please tell us about your plans for the 4th of july.
    Have a fantastic day everyone and stay safe.

calvinandhobbs and Brittless like this.
  2. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Listening to Buckethead right now. I have a psychiatrist appointment today, gonna try to get new sleeping meds to correct my "sleeping too much" issue.

calvinandhobbs and Petal like this.
  3. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

Today is a pajama day for me before I start my week tomorrow.

I did my dishes n had a shower so at least I did somthing.
    It hard when motivation for life disappears.

I hope everyone else has an ok day today.

calvinandhobbs likes this.
  4. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Could be a PJ day for me too. I know I should start on my timeline story and apart from my SW visiting I would just like a hot bath and always wonder why daytime tv is so full, no wonder people go on forums more.

5. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Good morning lovely cafe peeps! Trying to be productive today and thus far, not doing a particularly good job. You know when you just have so much to do that you don't quite know where to start? Yep.

I think another cup of tea would help *nods vigorously*

Have a lovely day folks!

6. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I have fireworks plans although I have multiple conflicts. I signed up for a Meetup party to go with my friend whom I talked into going. Now I got invited to a neighbor's party (when I signed up for the Meetup party I had no where and no one to be with) and my sister might stop by for fireworks (the Meetup party includes the city fireworks). It will be interesting to see how the day plays out.
    Then tomorrow back to work and loneliness.

7. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I have fireworks plans although I have multiple conflicts. I signed up for a Meetup party to go with my friend whom I talked into going. Now I got invited to a neighbor's party (when I signed up for the Meetup party I had no where and no one to be with) and my sister might stop by for fireworks (the Meetup party includes the city fireworks). It will be interesting to see how the day plays out.
    Then tomorrow back to work and loneliness.

8. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Not looking forward to today. Already bought a bunch of fattening food I don't need. I must get the lawn mowed. And tonight it will be noise, fireworks and fires. I really don't like the 4th much these days. Too noisy, can't sleep, but have to get up early to work the next day. Have to keep hoses ready for any stray fireworks. People are so careless in the way they handle them. And am so NOT proud of this country anymore. It all makes it hard to celebrate.

9. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi all
    Have a family meeting with the doctor today.
    I just lost a game of chess but it was still fun.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

So far I went to a parade, and that was fun. Then I had iced coffee, pancakes, and sausage at McDonald's. Then I went to the grocery store. Can't wait for later!

11. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Why, whats happening later?

Happy 4th July to all of you over the pond.

calvinandhobbs and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  12. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Happy Independence Day my American friends :) I'm lucky I'm right on the border and get to see the fireworks across the river. Be safe and have a great holiday
    Brian

13. Witty_Sarcasm

Going to watch all the fireworks. I always love seeing them :)

calvinandhobbs and Brian777 like this.
  14. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Then I hope you have a wonderful time.

15. Witty_Sarcasm

Thank you, I will :)

calvinandhobbs and SinisterKid like this.
  16. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

Essentially spending the day preparing myself for better days.

17. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I went to a lunch that was in my building, downstairs. There were hot dogs, potato or macaroni salad, and cake. I had my lunch quickly and left because I don't really know most of my neighbors and they were watching a movie about a bank robbery, which I really wasn't enjoying. Then I went to Starbucks to have a Frappuccino and went for a walk. Wound up going to Goodwill, a bookstore, and a Japanese grocery store. I bought some snacks and returned home. I'm gonna try to finish listening to the clinical psychology lectures on Youtube. There's about 4 left, and they tend to be around 50 minutes apiece. I tend to hate holidays. At least this isn't as major as Thanksgiving or Christmas.

18. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

Day 1 of job searching... I'm done for today. I think the hardest part is over at least, which is mustering the courage and intent to start finding a job because that took me, what, 3 years? I'm looking for a weekend part-time job, since my parents work full-time on weekdays and I rely on them for transportation. I wouldn't want a customer service job or retail job since I have considerably high social anxiety, and I'm not kissing anyone's ass especially if they're undeserving. Mandatorily I'd have to kiss my boss' ass, but it better be shapely. Anyway, that narrows my job search down immensely. I'm considering being a warehouse associate, and the pay rate exceeds my expectations for getting a job in general, but the pay rate seems to be that way for a good reason; it's a fast-paced, physically and mentally demanding job. I can probably do it, but it seems quite stressful and anxiety inducing, especially for a first job. All in all, FML. I'll resume the search tomorrow and every following day, aiming to at least upload a resume by the end of the month.

19. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

That sounds really annoying to have to do. Good job getting started though. I think maybe I feel similarly to you with my housing search I've been working on. Anyway, good luck!

Inanimate and calvinandhobbs like this.
  20. Witty_Sarcasm

I got invited to a block party, first one ever, and that was lots of fun. Some good food, drinks, and the music was awesome. I don't know who was singing in the last band, but oh my god was he good. I saw some great fireworks but still didn't use any of my own. But I will tomorrow. My neighbor got proposed to, so that was great!

21. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

I hope you are able to have a better day tomorrow . Xoxo