Jim's cafe April 2015

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Wednesday April 9th

morning good ppl.. how you doing today and now??? son johnny with momma tonight.. hope you two doing good now??? for 3 days my interior door tween garage and kitchen table was broke and not working.. a doorknob fell off and could not totally close the door.. spent days trying to get ahold of handyman or locksmith to call me back and come out and fix for us..yesterday morning finally called a locksmith (locked out) 24/7 number.. actually got a person to answer the phone..long and short this wonderful man showed up yesterday dn in 15 minutes I had a working door again.. I also learned the inner details of just how this locks worked and fit together... not that with my Parkinson's could ever install by myself..lol

the locksmith a aspergers sufferer.. was a darling.. he was sorry he missed john as he had already left with moms for the night..fellow was music, movie devotee.. my house was a real adventure I was able to share for a little bit.. I was his last service call for the day..

before I put the two county yellow pages away I am going to be awfully sure I have copied this business's phone number for next time.. of course last night after I had gone to bed with a fixed door, all the other craftsmen called to try to fix my door.. knew that was going to happen but with maybe Katie moight need me I couldn't just take the phone off the hook..mmaybe night will catch up on some sleep???

not a lot going to rush to do today.. got via amazon and ups yesterday the latest 3D of the lord of the rings and hobitt movie.. desolation of smaug.. will try to watch today. also carl sagan's the Cosmos on a 7 dvd set.. will at least watch dvd 1 today..

back to bon jovi now for a bit.. then ponder trying for a bit more sleep???

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim

Bob Seger - 'Hollywood Nights' Live in San Diego 1978. - YouTube

bob seger and the silver bullet band nd Hollywood night...
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Re: Cafe Wednesday April 9th

Good morning, Café! :)

Yesterday I went to a shopping center that I go to maybe three times a year. It's a shopping mall that is near where I grew up. I ran into my sister. It was kind of odd, because truly just before I turned and saw her, I was thinking about her. And there she was! She said it was strange, too, because right at that moment she'd been thinking about me. On the same wavelength or what?!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. If it's nice out, a walk would be a good idea.

Jimk, glad you got the door fixed! I hope today is more relaxing for you!

Wow, it's already Wednesday. Monday and Tuesday just slipped by so fast. Wishing everyone a Wow! Wednesday! :flowerhearts:
  3. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Morning all.

Jim, I'm glad to see you this morning. We missed you yesterday! Glad you got your door fixed. Sounds like you had just the right locksmith to come fix it. :) Hope today is a restful one for you.

Acy, that is a really cool story about running into your sister. Sometimes it happens like that. Hope you have a good day.

I've got my annual physical with my regular doctor in a little over two hours. He's a good doctor and a lovely person, but I have to say I'm not looking forward to it. He will ask me about "my spirits" and I really don't feel like having that conversation with him. He knows that I've been very depressed as I saw him last fall because I wanted to pursue a possible physiological solution (which didn't pan out). Later tonight, I have a special combined choir rehearsal with my choir and another one at our parish to prepare for Holy Week next week. We are singing together for three of the Masses next week. I am looking forward to singing with them, but I hope I can find a place to sit where I am not boxed in by someone on both sides. I am claustrophobic and lately that is much more easily triggered and usually results in my having a flashback when it is triggered.

For now, I need to get another cup of coffee and feed the baby her breakfast.

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I am tired. All I want to do is sleep. Not depressed or anything... just tired.

Tommy Tom is next to me, just snoozing. I will do the same.

We are off!

:hug: to all!

-Jason and Tommy Tom
  5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Acy was ]good to talk to you today.. Ana, hope apt with gp doc went ok for you.. Jason, hope you do start feeling you have a bit more energy..

john got back home a little early today.. he woke up for good at 4am for Katie.. she looked tired in driveway of mine... did manage to sort thru the couple of piles of paperwork all over dinning room table and kitchen counter.. thru away what I could and filed the rest.. did watch the desolation of smaug.. enjoyed and reminded me somtime got to pull out the blurays all 3 of them of the lord of the rings.. no rush but do want to watch again..

need to get inspired again to take the jug of weed b gone and go try to end the lives of all the frigging dandelions going crazy in the front yard.. lord, this things got a huge life of their own...
  6. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good afternoon coffee forums,

today's work day was trouble free and smooth. always nice to have days like that. dropped by local pet shop to pick up more bugs for Leto the gecko. 50 superworms (zophobas morio). they are the larval stage of darkling beetles. Leto loves them because they are especially wriggly and get his hunter instinct juices flowing. Big things, also. Worms duly transferred into my feeding container for them, all set to the carrots and oatmeal and bran with enthusiasm. Healthy worms = healthy reptile who eats them.
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

@Mr Stewart - I didn't realize worms needed a high fiber diet! :D Cool!
  8. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

godspeed jimk
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome everybody to the cafe for the new month of april

Would you like a latte or a cappucino?

Does anyone have any good april fools jokes planned lol???

I plan to lose a stone this month, I have a communion to attend in May and even though i'm a good bit overweight, a stone is a lot.

Hope this month brings you joy and happiness :love_heart:
  10. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Don't drink coffee lol hot chocolate will be fine

No April fools planned today. Lol

Good for you Petal, what is your approach for healthy eating? I'm thinking of doing low carb approach this month
  11. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo everyone!

I am snugglin with mah mister Tommy Tom!

I need to do my experiment for my Lab this week. Going to do it Friday.

I will read tomorrow. I'm too tired today.
  12. Mr Stewart

hullo coffee forums. just spent a quiet day in today. amazon sent me the wrong thing in the mail and I talked to them on their chat thing to correct the issue. first time that has happened and they were easy to work with the correct the problem. i'm happy about that. sometimes you order something from somewhere online and there is a problem and it's a real hassle to fix but not this time. i am glad of that.

April 1st, first day of what I consider spring. i'm not actually sure when winter officially ends on the calendar. ---- just checked, I guess calendar official spring start is March 20. I like April 1st better.
  13. DrownedFishOnFire

Was just ok today. Had session with my T.
  14. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

I've finally been to a doctor who prescribed me some medication to sleep... and it's nowhere to be found on the whole city. Fan-fucking-tastic. Guess I'll have to wait.
    Last month, I released a new EP. I think it's hte most important one I've released up to date.
  15. DrownedFishOnFire

Did the pharmacy order it? It should be within a day or two depending on where you live.
  16. Mr Stewart

good morning everyone and happy good friday. statutory holiday so i have the day off work. no plans for me. just want to hang around apartment and maybe do some reading. i have been trying true-crimes stories genre recently. i like it. it's very different from the fiction novels i am used to reading. Reading Homicide by David Simon now. That is the book that The Wire television series was loosely based on. David Simon, a journalist, spent a year with Baltimore police homicide detectives sort of following them around and watching them work. Very interesting.
  17. souncide

No pharmacy my mother called has it, and they'll only get more after 20 days or so. We'll try again tomorrow on a few more.
  18. DrownedFishOnFire

Oh man, 20 days! That would flip alot people off in this city.
  19. souncide

Yeah, well, that's what they told her. And also, I'm wondering what kind of medication I'm going to take, since everyone said I'll have to buy in person, sign papers, and probably even have my picture taken. Must be some really strong thing.
  20. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Happy Easter everyone =)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.