Jim's Cafe August 12 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
Hello everyone, hope we're all doing well.
Today's Cafe is located in one of the most infamous towns in America, Salem.
A town known for the lynching of women who were alleged witches. That was in the old world of course, but people still report creepy vibes from the town and rumors of haunting are common, so don't wander off alone salem.jpg
salem church.jpg
Anyway, today's topic questions are as follows
1) What's the funniest event/story that's happened to you?
2) Have you ever had a "supernatural" encounter? Feel free to elaborate or not
3) You don't have to worry about money, where do you travel to?
4) Why are buildings called buildings when they've already been built?
@AsphyxiateOnWords @gypsylee @Lulabelle @Witty_Sarcasm @Walker @Ash600 @HumanExMachina tag some more people

Last edited:

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Lol, well I wouldn't have lasted long there. :P

1) What's the funniest event/story that's happened to you? Well funny moments happen to me often, it's hard to just pinpoint one. None really stand out more than the other.
2) Have you ever had a "supernatural" encounter? Feel free to elaborate or not. Yes, I heard a voice call my name and also saw an orb, also heard a guy say my name in my ear. People think I'm crazy when I mention this stuff, so I don't talk about it very often.
3) You don't have to worry about money, where do you travel to? I would want to travel the world, but first I would start in Europe.
4) Why are buildings called buildings when they've already been built? I don't know, but they should just call it built in that case.

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
I'm not sure about any hilarious moments right now, I'll come back later after I've thought about it.
I think I had one, but I was young so it was probably just me being an idiot.
To the US, watch all the metal shows I can, then Going straight to the Jackson factory and getting a custom shop guitar (I did say that you don't have to worry about money;)). Then travelling to visit people on sf.
Because the English language is dumb, that's my best guess

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Hello everyone, hope we're all doing well.
Today's Cafe is located in one of the most infamous towns in America, Salem.
A town known for the lynching of women who were alleged witches. That was in the old world of course, but people still report creepy vibes from the town and rumors of haunting are common, so don't wander off alone View attachment 13377
View attachment 13378
Anyway, today's topic questions are as follows
4) Why are buildings called buildings when they've already been built?
@AsphyxiateOnWords @gypsylee @Lulabelle @Witty_Sarcasm @Walker @Ash600 @HumanExMachina tag some more people
I can't answer questions atm but did you see the Rob Zombie film Lords of Salem? I was looking forward to that and it was awful.. Like, unwatchable awful. I thought Devil's Rejects and Halloween (whatever the RZ version was called?) were good, so wtf happened Rob??

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
I can't answer questions atm but did you see the Rob Zombie film Lords of Salem? I was looking forward to that and it was awful.. Like, unwatchable awful. I thought Devil's Rejects and Halloween (whatever the RZ version was called?) were good, so wtf happened Rob??
Only rob zombie movie I've seen is Halloween, which was great. His music is pretty good though so that makes up for a bad movie.

kat319

SF Supporter
Never been to Salem.
I recently met someone who said she is a descendant of one of the women of the Salem Witch Hunt.

1. No funny story to share. Most of them are the "you had to be there" kind.
2. Yes, I have had a few "supernatural" encounters.
3. If money were no issue, I'd travel the world.
4. No clue.

Also, now I want to watch The Crucible.

Last edited:

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Oh man, that was my and my wife’s go to example of a bad movie. Like, “yeah, that movie we just watched was bad, but at least it wasn’t Lords of Salem” or “this stab wound is pretty painful, but at least I’m not watching Lords of Salem.” I thought I’d seen some pretty bad movies before but that was the only one where I was ever legitimately angry about the time I’d wasted. One day we were trying to figure out how to fill some time and I jokingly suggested that we watch it again; that was the closest she ever came to divorcing me.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Oh man, that was my and my wife’s go to example of a bad movie. Like, “yeah, that movie we just watched was bad, but at least it wasn’t Lords of Salem” or “this stab wound is pretty painful, but at least I’m not watching Lords of Salem.” I thought I’d seen some pretty bad movies before but that was the only one where I was ever legitimately angry about the time I’d wasted. One day we were trying to figure out how to fill some time and I jokingly suggested that we watch it again; that was the closest she ever came to divorcing me.
Lulz! I blame Sheri Moon..

Yellowmellow

I am a literal walking comedy, we’d be here all day....lol
A few days after my grandmother passed away, a cold breeze over my face woke me up. There were no windows open in the room I was sleeping in. I’ve always felt comforted by that experience. To me it was as though she came to tell me she’s ok.

The Himalayas.
Experience the Inuit way of life. Experience hot springs in the snow.
Go to see Emperor Penguins in real life.
Go on an arctic expedition.
See the Aurora Borealis.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @OfLoveAndDeath :)

Hmmmm funny stories... Well most of them are not pg rated so they're not printable here ;)

One of our favourite family stories is about my animal mad daughter. There was a TV program on every evening for a couple of weeks following the lives of some lion cubs in Africa. When the series had finished I asked her if she'd enjoyed it and she said "Yes. But I don't understand how they knew the cubs were called Bill & Ben.." :p

Supernatural encounter.. not really but a weird thing happened when my aunt died from cancer. My mother and I were taking shifts at her house as she was pretty near the end. When I was there overnight my dog and hers always slept with me in her spare room. That night they wouldn't leave her bedside, just laid down next to her bed no matter what treats I offered them. I got up in the middle of the night to check on her (the dogs still by her bed) and she'd died.

Where would I travel? Everywhere!
Antarctica
Africa
Japan
South America
Canada
Nepal
Hawaii
New Zealand
The moon

Buildings - fuck knows :D

Where's @Ash600 with the vodka? And @HumanExMachina with the pizza? Just can't get the staff nowadays :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00