Jim's Cafe August 2, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Hey @Lane, that sounds wicked, have fun at the concert!

I am an introvert. Although I enjoy going out and doing things I feel most comfortable when I am by myself and engaging with my hobbies. The only exceptions to this are if I'm playing sports, eating out, going to the cinema and grocery shopping. There are other things I enjoy doing with others but if I had to choose between them and being at home, I would much rather be at home. I am starting to challenge myself on this though as I feel it is good for me to get out more so the last couple months I've been going out and doing more things but I'm still happiest when at home or doing one of the four activities above.

Pool is my favourite bar game. Used to be excellent at it when I was a kid but have since lost my talent as I don't really play it anymore. It's all I did at one point in my life (play pool and snooker), perhaps it is time to start playing again :)
Thanks for sharing that. Most have said introvert here. Is snooker what I think it means, ha? Maybe it's an English term, from England? I like to be home too, but lately it's been too much. Yes, my bf plans alot if things. Grew up listening to David Bowie/ Ziggy stardust so cant wait

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
I'm an introvert, but some of the introvert stereotypes from like stupid Buzzfeed lists and stuff annoy me. Like how some people seem to think being an introvert means trying to find any possible excuse to flake on your friends.

I don't really like games much in general. When @Lane said beer games, I immediately thought of beer pong, which I played once or twice at parties in undergrad and was better at it then I thought it would be. mostly stood by the beer pong table and watched at those parties though. Not sure if that's the kind of game Lane had in mind, but that's what I thought of

I'm not huge on beer either, but I drink from time to time. Yuengling (the Traditional Lager, which I think is the only one I've tried from them) has really grown on me. There was also this one IPA I tried in San Francisco called Racer 5 (from Bear Republic) that I remember being really good, but I only had it once and haven't had it in years. I really don't buy beer for myself much, so I drink mostly when my friends share with me.
I hadn't thought of beer pong @baywasp. I've played too. Quarters too at college.
I think those games are fir people who like to really party. To each his own.

Have a great day *hugtackles

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
I like weak American swill miller genuine draft. and don't ask what I used to do with water balloons lol. I used to love pool and was good at it, not great but good. old fashioned pinball machines that were more mechanical than electronic was another thing. I was great at most pinball machines used to win a bunch of games and would give them away when I got tired lol. mike *grouphug ..hugs for everyone
Pinball wizard! Hug back @1964dodge *rant*hugtackles

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Oh I know, fill the water balloons with beer. :P And we can color while we eat ice cream sandwiches, so that takes care of everything.
I haven't drank in a year, not even casually, but I miss it sometimes. I like "Never Have I Ever" as a drinking game, and I like to play darts and pool. I would definitely say I'm an introvert, but can be chatty when I'm comfortable with someone.
Yesss! It's a party. Need that @Witty_Sarcasm

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
a
Thanks for sharing that. Most have said introvert here. Is snooker what I think it means, ha? Maybe it's an English term, from England? I like to be home too, but lately it's been too much. Yes, my bf plans alot if things. Grew up listening to David Bowie/ Ziggy stardust so cant wait
I used to take an express bus to work that went thru central queens (nyc) and it passed a pool/snooker place. That is how I know about it and I promptly looked it up and found out (I don't actually remember though) that it is a variation of pool. (Unless I'm just guessing now).

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yeah it's quite popular in England, the snooker world championship has been held at the Crucible in Sheffield since 1977. Snooker tables are bigger than pool tables (if you ever play on one it looks quite daunting) and pockets are also smaller.

You have colours with different values - there are 15 reds which are worth 1 point each, and then there is also 1 of each of these colours: yellow (2 points), green 3, brown 4, blue 5, pink 6, and 7 for black. You must pot a red before you can pot another colour. You pot 1 red, then you pot 1 colour of your choice (colours gets put back onto their spot if potted), then pot a red again and then another colour, and so on until all the reds are all gone, at which point you can clear the rest of the colours starting with the lowest value (yellow) and working your way up to black.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Yeah it's quite popular in England, the snooker world championship has been held at the Crucible in Sheffield since 1977. Snooker tables are bigger than pool tables (if you ever play on one it looks quite daunting) and pockets are also smaller.

You have colours with different values - there are 15 reds which are worth 1 point each, and then there is also 1 of each of these colours: yellow (2 points), green 3, brown 4, blue 5, pink 6, and 7 for black. You must pot a red before you can pot another colour. You pot 1 red, then you pot 1 colour of your choice (colours gets put back onto their spot if potted), then pot a red again and then another colour, and so on until all the reds are all gone, at which point you can clear the rest of the colours starting with the lowest value (yellow) and working your way up to black.
Sounds like a lot of fun @Bloop. If I ever get some money I'm going to grab some friends from SF and meet our friends from England and play some snooker. *stars

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
a

I used to take an express bus to work that went thru central queens (nyc) and it passed a pool/snooker place. That is how I know about it and I promptly looked it up and found out (I don't actually remember though) that it is a variation of pool. (Unless I'm just guessing now).
@extraterrestrialone that's our next SF meet up, to play snooker with our buddies from England *dance2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00