Jim's Cafe, August 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Okay. I will start the thread. Am missing you Jim.

My brother is in town. So got to see him today. Was nice. But sure wish it would cool down. We are in for another stretch of days in the 90's.

Don't know how to make this thread stay at the top. Will leave that for someone else to do.

Mr Stewart

Happy first of August everybody. :)

Hot outside today but i am finished work now and back at home sitting in front of the fan. Just going to make some dinner in a minute.

cymbele

SF Supporter
Thanks for starting the August thread, SillyOldBear.

Feeling low tonight. Almost had a roommate but succumbed to pressure by family and friends not to offer it to someone from Craigslist. I feel bad because the potential roommate seemed ok but needed a place to stay and get back on their feet and by denying the room I remain lonely and they remain almost homeless. I feel bad but mostly about the peer pressure and not helping that individual.
So I remain alone. But tomorrow hopefully will be better.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Okay. I will start the thread. Am missing you Jim.

My brother is in town. So got to see him today. Was nice. But sure wish it would cool down. We are in for another stretch of days in the 90's.

Don't know how to make this thread stay at the top. Will leave that for someone else to do.
That's why I didn't start a thread, idk how it stay sticky :)

thorns_all_over

Resident Evil Poetic Genius
Staff Alumni
If you want to make something sticky, like yourself, just go outside in hot weather for a while... I tried that yesterday, and it worked! :lol:
In all seriousness, to make a sticky thread use either some sort of glue :lol: or ask any moderator or above.
I had the pleasure of sticking this thread where; and don't get this the wrong way, just read my first sentence again; the sun don't shine. :lol:

Looks like today will be cooler hopefully, but I doubt I will be joining the outside world, since I have to do too much inside.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
August is here bloody hell, starting college next month, feeling very nervous, feeling very nervous about upcoming holiday too. I can't find anti biotics and other meds, I am stressed to the max.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I am sad that summer will be over soon. It is my favorite season, and winter usually depresses me further. My lip is swelled today, no idea if it is an allergic reaction or something else. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

danni

Chat Buddy
had a lot of fun in chat. I havn't laugh so much thank you I needed it. well time is still going super slow today ( or atleast it feel like it) got a lot of awesome music on my ipod and I think I going to go for a walk.

cymbele

SF Supporter
Good day. went kayaking with my daughter and her fiancée. Went to the cabin which I used to own with my ex-husband and it's getting easier. All works out in the end.

Mr Stewart

good morning coffee forums,

extra day off today for me this week. August provincial 'let's make up a holiday because August doesn't have a real one' long weekend. ha.

putzing around the apartment being sleepy. just made some coffee.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Tuesday did fly. Now need to start reading a library book I keep renewing and never getting around to reading.

Mr Stewart

morning SF.

there was a wasp nest nestled under the siding of my house next to the entrance of my suite that I have been trying to kill off over the past couple weeks. Haven't seen any wasps around lately so time to seal up the hole they were able to squeeze in through. i bought a can of expanding foam. should do the trick. that's my whole agenda for the day. back to work tomorrow.

Oh nooooooo.

I have had to destroy several of these very nasty nests and blocking holes is NOT the way. They will get angry, will find a way out, and a swarm of angry wasps is as much fun as going for a night out with ISIS.

Buy proper wasp nest powder from a hardware or DIY warehouse, it is not expensive. Apply it after dusk, preferably have someone watching from a distance in case you fall, get attacked etc, and NEVER in daylight or you will get attacked. Re-apply 2-3 days later, and you will be rid of it.

danni

Chat Buddy
Friday needs to hurry up already. I can't wait until I retired from my job so I don't have to wake up at 4:30am everyday.

Mr Stewart

Oh nooooooo.

I have had to destroy several of these very nasty nests and blocking holes is NOT the way. They will get angry, will find a way out, and a swarm of angry wasps is as much fun as going for a night out with ISIS.

Buy proper wasp nest powder from a hardware or DIY warehouse, it is not expensive. Apply it after dusk, preferably have someone watching from a distance in case you fall, get attacked etc, and NEVER in daylight or you will get attacked. Re-apply 2-3 days later, and you will be rid of it.
Yeah i'm pretty sure the nest is gone; i used anti-wasp stuff to remove it. I'm just sealing up the hole they did get in to originally so it doesn't get used next summer by a new wasp family.

Welcome to SF by the way, Stephen. :)

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Once you are sure the wasp nest is empty I would suggest knocking it down. Perhaps from a distance with a strong stream of water from a hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00