Jim's Cafe - August 4, 2019 - slow moving Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hello SF!

Its 2:15 pm here and no Cafe, so I thought I'd start one.

Here is a question for slow moving Sunday:

• What scene in a movie always gives you goosebumps every time you watch it?
There are a couple of scenes in Last of the Mochicans . One is early on where a carriage is going over a bridge and is reflected in the water below, stunning cinematography and also at the very end where the survivors are shown in dramatic lighting.

@DowntheRabbitHole @Sarahbeanie @Lewis83 @Cagla @1964dodge @Cynic Goat @Lotus @Innocent Forever @ravens @Lane

Lewis83

Hello SF!

Its 2:15 pm here and no Cafe, so I thought I'd start one.

Here is a question for slow moving Sunday:

• What scene in a movie always gives you goosebumps every time you watch it?
There are a couple of scenes in Last of the Mochicans . One is early on where a carriage is going over a bridge and is reflected in the water below, stunning cinematography and also at the very end where the survivors are shown in dramatic lighting.

@DowntheRabbitHole @Sarahbeanie @Lewis83 @Cagla @1964dodge @Cynic Goat @Lotus @Innocent Forever @ravens @Lane
Thanks for the mention Angie, The moment that give me goosebumps is in Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol (that's a really catchy name for a movie) Tom Cruise's character has to climb up the side of a skyscraper without ropes or a harness, and he actually did the stunt for real, just utter madness.

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yo, hope everyone out there is having a chill Sunday.
Thanks for opening and for tagging me @Angie.

What scene in a movie always gives you goosebumps every time you watch it?
Hmm, well my top one of those is probably the last scene of my favourite movie, the original Korean version of Oldboy. It's a haunting and traumatic scene, although as those who've watched the movie will know, i can't describe it here for several reasons.
And i was tempted to go with the ending to Graveyard of Fireflies, but that's a really sad one, so i'll say the dance club fight scene in Kill Bill. Fantastic choreography, cinematography and special effects, one of the best fight scenes in cinema history.

Lewis83

Yo, hope everyone out there is having a chill Sunday.
Thanks for opening and for tagging me @Angie.

Hmm, well my top one of those is probably the last scene of my favourite movie, the original Korean version of Oldboy. It's a haunting and traumatic scene, although as those who've watched the movie will know, i can't describe it here for several reasons.
And i was tempted to go with the ending to Graveyard of Fireflies, but that's a really sad one, so i'll say the dance club fight scene in Kill Bill. Fantastic choreography, cinematography and special effects, one of the best fight scenes in cinema history.
I love Kill Bill, especially vol1.

Cagla

romantic bastard
Hi, thank you for the tag. My Sunday is over in an hour and it was a disastrous day...but I'm glad the cafe is open!
Goosebumps hmm....actually when asked, I can't seem to remember the exact answer to the question...because I watched lots of movies and hmm the ending of American History X. It was a great movie..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00