• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's Cafe August 4, 2020

Lane

SF Supporter
Good morning, afternoon. Got the key and thought I'd open up the cafe today. It's national friendship day, so pretty appropriate for this place. You all are the definition of friends to each other and myself.

I googled some questions and hope everyone has a good day. The storm didn't do much damage here, but I do want to call out of work as usual.

1. Would you time travel to the past or future? Why?

2. What breakfast cereal has had the most influence in your life? Any runner ups?

3. If you could pick someplace to be in an hour (don't worry about packing) where would you go?

Tagging @Kiwi2016 @BlueGreen @Angie @Acy @JMG @pooky @extraterrestrialone @Dinolaur @Nick @Sunspots

Can people help tag please? Thanks Screenshot_20200804-062121_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200804-062410_Chrome.jpg

Lane

SF Supporter
My answers

1. Travel to the past. I've always been intrigued by living in harmony with nature and simply. I wrote papers on symbolism and Native American art then and now and would like to live it.

2. Wheaties. Father ate them every day. Frankenberries. ❤'d these. Lucky charms, treat while camping with my children when little.

3. Just anywhere with beautiful water, tropical drinks, band playing old rock.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
Forum Pro
Thanks for opening and the tag @Lane!

Glad the storm didn't do too much damage...heart goes out to all on its path...

So to the questions...

1. Travel to the past as would also like to experience different eras/places have read about
2, Cheerios which my father ate everyday...have to admit loved Capt'n Crunch which mom would get as a treat
3. A small island where could walk the beaches, watch the ocean, and biggest decision was what hammock would I rest in while reading

Wishing all a great Tuesday and be sure to have a chocolate chip cookie as is a requirement for the day...lol...

tagging @begerac @Shadowlands @Nick @Auri @1964 dodge @JMG @mpk @Sunspots @Blue Star @BlueGreen @Innocent Forever @Walker @Sunday16

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I would travel to the future cause I'm already done with the past. I don't really care too much about the timing necessarily. 20 years to see my kid? 50? 100 to see technology?
2. What breakfast cereal has had the most influence in your life? Any runner ups?
Influential? eh, I'm not sure that cereal has been too influential but I've spent an inordinate amount of time staring at some boxes of it reading thats for sure. Cocoa Pebbles, Capt Crunch, Boo Berry... I could go on. I used to have cereal every day but now don't have it even once per year.
3. If you could pick someplace to be in an hour (don't worry about packing) where would you go?
umm England, of course.

Definitely the future to make sure my kids are all ok.

Weetabix! I eat it for lunch every day, probably because I’m struggling to eat any food and this is my half way agreement with my family to make sure I eat something.

Middle of the Yorkshire dales. Love it there.

extraterrestrialone

hi, guess who... its me...
SF Supporter
hey!!!
Got the key and thought I'd open up the cafe today.
and i was almost all set to kick down the door Lane!

glad i did a little snooping around and found my tag just sitting here still waiting for the hurricane to pass which incidentally is just now starting to pick up. let me try out these questions though now....

1. Would you time travel to the past or future? Why? well in recent times when asked this i’d say nope and nope but in even more recent days my answer is definitely yes because i’d go to the past - my past... and redo my life in the way i now realize i should have done at the start. is that interesting or what? then casually move back to now and the future being happy.

2. What breakfast cereal has had the most influence in your life? Any runner ups? well there are a few and probably in this order... wheatena #1, though i don’t have that one the most. then grape nuts which is the one i have the most, then raisin bran next most and shredded wheat which might actually be the #2 most influential but since they never have it on sale and they don’t make it like they used to i’ve not had it in quite a while. but yes yes yes to all of these!!! and lets not forget oatmeal as runner up in all categories!

3. If you could pick someplace to be in an hour (don't worry about packing) where would you go? oh, i’d be back home - since my flying saucer can get me there in an hour when set to fly fast - i’d be there on my home planet being me instead of pretending to be an extraterrestrial, alone here. but i’d come back too. i’d miss all you gals and guys!

so now i’m just watching the trees try to not crack and fall as the withstand the breezes that are blowing quite emphatically now.

happy to all... 😁🌞👽😊💥🤪😻😍😇

Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️

§ Eclectic nutbag ©
SF Supporter
The past because I would want to see what things were like back then. Hopefully I'll make it past at least the first half of this century, so I'm sure I will see some futuristic things.

Not sure, although Cookie Crisp is one I remember from childhood. Fruit Loops and Cinnamon Toast Crunch are good too.

Probably England to visit some friends.

future because I like to know how things turn out

nesquik, cornflakes, cheerios

the bahamas

cymbele

SF Supporter
1. Would you time travel to the past or future? Why? i would travel to the future as the past has not been kind to women and I am one.

2. What breakfast cereal has had the most influence in your life? Any runner ups? I don't have cold cereal anymore since I have been changing my diet to lower my sugar but I miss all of it. I used to crunch up Basic 4 for years. Still too much sugar although it had less than many others.

3. If you could pick someplace to be in an hour (don't worry about packing) where would you go? I would be in a national forest; probably in the western USA. Especially when it takes more than a day to fly to reach those parks from here.

WolfGoddess

No I wouldn't. It's tempting to go back and "fix" the past, but you don't know where that leads

A cereal that influenced me? Hmm... I'll go with Lucky Charms. It was the first delicious cereal that I found that was gluten free, so it helped me see that even being gluten intolerant I could have some things I like :)

Paris. That will always be my answer that question or any question like it.

JMG

~ Crazy Cat Lady ~
Wow tysm for the tags @Lane & @Kiwi2016 :) Always glad when there's q's in the cafe & these look like fun ones so here's my answers. Oh also just wanted to say great pix that everyone has posted here too, love them! I'll post some under my answers too ;)

Past, definitely. I wouldn't just want to go to my own past but about 8-9 years before just to see what the world was like in the late 70's, would be very cool & interesting I think. Also cos then I would have been alive when the first Star Wars movie came out lol :)

Hmm, hard to pick just one cos there were always lots I liked as a kid. Corn Pops. Rice Krispies. Captain Crunch. Fruit Loops. Trix. Cheerios. I think I liked Corn Pops the most so I guess I'll go with those then lol.

California, definitely! :)

RCee

Wow tysm for the tags @Lane & @Kiwi2016 :) Always glad when there's q's in the cafe & these look like fun ones so here's my answers. Oh also just wanted to say great pix that everyone has posted here too, love them! I'll post some under my answers too ;)

Past, definitely. I wouldn't just want to go to my own past but about 8-9 years before just to see what the world was like in the late 70's, would be very cool & interesting I think. Also cos then I would have been alive when the first Star Wars movie came out lol :)

Hmm, hard to pick just one cos there were always lots I liked as a kid. Corn Pops. Rice Krispies. Captain Crunch. Fruit Loops. Trix. Cheerios. I think I liked Corn Pops the most so I guess I'll go with those then lol.

California, definitely! :)

OMG the cat meme!!!
You know your life does not belong to you anymore when 1 am rolls around and you awaken to noises of large objects falling ....you get up walk into hallway walk to other bedroom and see yo cat bathing at all the objects on the dresser top as they fall....see I know this that’s why I open the drawers so objects fall in soft clothes...nahh my cat adapted started batting at sh!t so it would fall off the side!
give her props tho ...mittens was hella smart :)

JMG

~ Crazy Cat Lady ~
Lmao that's so funny @RCee ya kitties can be quite bratty at times, our kitty that we have now sometimes likes knocking things over too but usually they aren't big or heavy things thank god it's always just small things like some of the remotes or pictures from the shelves sometimes. Our other cat we had years ago loved to knock over cups of water sometimes which was pretty annoying lol he was hilarious though, very sweet, loving, adorable & gave great hugs too :)

cymbele

SF Supporter
Wow tysm for the tags @Lane & @Kiwi2016 :)

I feel old I was at the opening of star wars in the middle of my high school years :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00