Jim's Cafe - December 2015

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Wow, hard to believe it is already the final month of the year. Winter is finally in the air, not much snow yet, but that is bound to change soon. Still doing the Christmas shopping and getting ready for the holidays. What does everyone have planned for this month? Remember to have a bit of fun, whatever you do.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Just made this thread a sticky. Hard to believe its December already. The year has flown.

3. Petal

I love Christmas, every part of it. I have 3 decent gifts got so far, planning on going shopping tomorrow for more. Even Ireland had black friday and we don't even have thanksgiving lol, i did not participate though, I was as broke as a joke. It's quite mild here in Ireland for this time of year, hopefully it stays this way, i hate the real cold weather. Hope you all have a great december and remember to be kind to yourself and those around you <3

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Good morning SF and happy 1st of December. No plans in particular for the month although I do want to go skiing at least once during my Christmas holiday.

5. Mr Stewart

Hi ho SF

Just fed and watered the geckos. The pictus gecko girls set to chomping their bugs straight away as per usual. The other geckos cannot be bothered and will get around to eating sometime in the next twelve hours. Crested and gargoyle geckos are super lazy about their eating. They eat a powdered mix formulated specifically for their dietary requirements. In the wild they eat mostly fruit that has fallen to the forest floor and occasionally insects, so we try to replicate that for them in captivity.

That's about all. Take care everybody.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Getting most Christmas shopping done Lots of pressure this time year but will try not to let it get to high
    nice weather for this time year here no snow yet.

7. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Hi SF,
    Going craft fair shopping with sister and friend. Don't really need much but it is fun to see the crafts and be with people for a change. I didn't bring work home for the weekend. The rest of the weekend I will be alone. But I get people time today.

8. Mr Stewart

Good morning SF.

Warm fall and early winter season here. Going to take a drive out to the mountains with mom in the next couple weeks. Haven't taken a trip with her in many years so looking forward to that. Just doing some errands today. Pick up parcel from post office, pick up prescription from pharmacy, see if pharmacy sells vegetable glycerin. I want to start mixing my own juice for my nicotine vaporizer and vegetable glycerin is one of the main ingredients of that. Way cheaper if i can find it locally instead of ordering.

take care everybody.

9. Petal

That sounds lovely Stewart, make sure to take some pictures! I wish we had big mountains here in Ireland. I also wish I had a car to bring my mom places lol!! Have a fun time! Memories are to be made =)

2 people like this.
  10. Mr Stewart

I feel handy today. Replaced furnace filter in my house. I took a look at the old one the other day and realized landlord hadn't changed it in some time. They only cost five bucks each so went ahead and did it myself.

11. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I replace mine every year because I have two cats. Once the furnace stopped working because the filter was plugged with cat hair and replacing it was all the serviceman had to do. My furnace filters cost $40/each but cheap compared to a service call.

12. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I remember that Jim used to post these cafe posts - have you taken over the role from him now, Witty?

13. Witty_Sarcasm

Jim passed away about 2 years ago, so now we take turns posting the cafe threads in his memory :)

14. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I did not know, I am truly sorry to hear that :-(
    His corners were always a great fun to read so I am happy that everyone is keeping his memory alive by posting them still in his memory

3 people like this.
  15. Petal

R.I.P Jim. Your memory lives on and if we have anything to do with it, it will always live on <3

4 people like this.
  16. Mr Stewart

good morning everyone. just having breakfast toast now. drinking guava juice. sort of unusual flavor of fruit juice. i'm not sure i like it.

17. Petal

Good evening everyone, having a nice chat in the chat room, i often forget how amazing the people are here.

18. Witty_Sarcasm

Still dealing with a bad cold here, hope it goes away soon. Oh, and I managed to break my new lamp. I will always be such a klutz, lol.

19. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Winter... How I would love to experience a Christmas Winter, just one time in my life... Being in Australia,Winter is always in the middle of Summer, which means scorching days, the Sun, the sand and the surf... and Santa always comes riding in on a jet ski :up the beaches :p

Also, if I may, I would like to take this moment to raise a glass and drink to all of the members who were on SF but are sadly left us over the years. Gone, but but as long as SF remains, they will always hold a place in each of our hearts and we will never forget them, the joy the brought to us all.

2 people like this.
  20. Mr Stewart

Oh man... traffic was something else on the way home from work today. We've got the christmas shopping crowd on top of the usual commuters and also now tourists are starting to arrive. Also snow yesterday and icey roads. Suffice to say that I made it home without incident! Geez! o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.