Jim's Cafe - February, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Hello all! It's cold here. -40°C (which, oddly, is the exact same in °F). At least it's not a snow storm. Feeling for those in the US who have been getting a huge blast...again! Looking forward to snuggling under the warm blankets tonight and placing a cat on each side for extra heat. :) Have a great evening!:cats009:

Mr Stewart

Wow Acy, stay warm! I can't remember the last time the temperature dipped that low in my part of Canada.

Coming up on 8pm here and I think I'm going to go to bed and try to sleep. Hope I can. I certainly feel like I'm tired enough.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
11pm here and yup it is dam cold and wouldn't you know it two nights in a row now my sister gas has turned off because the breaker tripped
and she is so fragile it is dangerous for her to go down basement and reset the breaker I think the company should send someone out to investigate why it keeps turning off each night told my sister to call them and leave a msg for them to send someone out.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
just night time around 10 pm it tripps and she is without heat and she is not using anything differently then she does through the day
ugggg it did this before in summer as well when they first installed in the air conditioner would not go on as the panel was tripped and they came o ut and did something
she is going to fall one night and not get up those stairs Just hope that enbridge gas sends someone out tomorrow to look at it.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That is what puzzled me as usually people drop their temp for nighttime and less strain on poweruseage when everythings turned off for the nite save the heater.

Hope problem is solved asap. You are right it is a hazard.

trinisty

Morning, everyone!

Hopefully today is going to be better than yesterday. I hope I can smile more, and think less about stupid things, haha.

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
Heyroo all!

Just relaxing today, since it's president's day. No where is open. It's a good thing that I didn't go anywhere. I would have been wondering why the bank, and the post office were closed. I didn't remember. So I will do my business stuff tomorrow.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Pigging out on sweets to last me a lifetime today and tomorrow.

Went to a hamburger place and got milkshake with my meal. I never get a milkshake. I only had 1/6 of it. Too sweet. But sooo good.

Mr Stewart

Good evening everyone. Pretty okay long weekend Monday for me. Went down to nursing home to visit step dad and mom. Sister made an appearance as well.

Gecko Leto is munching on crickets at the moment. His once a week meal as per usual in winter. It's common for reptiles to decrease their eating quite a bit with shorter winter hours. He's normally on a once ever other day feeding schedule. I still offer food every second day but he rarely bites more than the once a week. Tropical geckos Gilligan and Jacob are still asleep. They're more late evening and midnight kinda creatures.

souncide

I've been having really strange dreams lately. They aren't exactly nightmares, but they're far from being good dreams as well. It's coming to a point where I ask myself every night if I should go to sleep or not.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Souncide, sorry you're having bad dreams. Is there anything particularly stressful going on in your life? I dream more when I'm stressed, and the dreams usually are a bit unpleasant. I hope this clears up for you soon!

A cold but sunny day here. I'm going to a pancake dinner tonight - Shrove Tuesday. (Yummy!)

Mr Stewart

Did my tax return today too. Getting a little bit back which is nice. I have promptly directed that extra money in to a little device called a teleconverter to use with my camera. I like to take pictures of animals and have a small telephoto lens for the purpose. The teleconverter doubles the zoom range of the lens at some cost to sharpness of detail and so forth. Worthwhile gizmo for taking pictures of wildife for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00