Jim's Cafe - February 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Mr Stewart, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hello SF and happy start of February. I'm on vacation from work the next couple weeks and hoping to chip away at some cleaning odds and ends in the apartment here.

Take care everyone. :)

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Freezing rain moving in this evening here hope all have safe ride home

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Thank you for starting the Cafe thread this month, Mr. Stewart :) I usually have been doing it, but I seemed to forget it was February already, lol.

Lots of snow here, may snow up to 10 inches. It was starting to melt, so this is a real pain. Oh well, hope there is an early spring!

4. Mr Stewart

Hello SF. I see we have a new forum layout now. I like this one. Pretty slick.

Today I will start to chip away at my new years resolution; to finish building a bicycle I start putting together two years ago and never got around to finishing.

Freya likes this.
  5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Haven't been visiting in a while but am liking the update and changes! Honestly better than the last one

Freya likes this.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi all, just made this thread a sticky! How are you all this evening? I wish I could sleep but I just can't :( Ugh. Hate these nights when I wake up early. Glad you like the new changes to the forum drownedfish, I love the changes, it's much more modern looking now :)

7. Witty_Sarcasm

It takes me hours to fall asleep. What do you usually do when you can't sleep?

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Browse SF, read the news, look up recipes online (although admittedly rarely make them lol), smoke my e-cig, drink fizzy drinks, that's all I do when I can't sleep. How about you? :)

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Spend time online or just stare at the ceiling, lol :p

10. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Cooee, February, my friend and my enemy of the ages.
    So far, nothing major to report on the Australian Front, but will keep you updated.
    Still some bush fires, WA heatwave for 5 days straight (40C+) temperatures, rain and thunderstorms in NSW and QLD getting hit by storms as well.
    The weather is (not) messed up at all!

I can tell you that I am happy Summer is almost over and it will soon start to get cold (I am a Winter person).

11. Mr Stewart

morning everybody,

foggy today. will see how the visibility is in an hour or two, see if the roads are safe. i want to drive to the other side of the city to check out a new reptile shop that just opened last year. will maybe buy some cork bark pieces for my geckos to climb on.

12. Witty_Sarcasm

There was a bit of excitement here today. At 6:30 in the morning, I heard the loudest bang ever outside my window. The police and firemen showed up right away and were talking to the downstairs neighbor. I read the paper and they couldn't figure out the cause of this explosion, so that was really strange.

13. Mr Stewart

Happy valentines everybody. :)

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  14. DrownedFishOnFire

Maybe a hidden meth lab exploded and no one wanted to fess up lol

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  15. DrownedFishOnFire

Snowy day and going to work soon. Fun times going to try to be productive

16. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Cold, single digit weather. Spent the day with friends. Backed out of serving dinner at the rescue mission because I felt the organizers didn't want me. Then after making plans for the day some of the organizers met me at church and said that they liked to see me and the dinner was the only time that they got to see me. So confused between what I perceive and what actually is.

17. DrownedFishOnFire

Voices are back with full vengeance. Everyones on the enemy list in my life from the government to the . No way about it.

18. Mr Stewart

good morning SF,

going to meet my sister for lunch today. have not seen her in a few months. back to work tomorrow.

19. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing OK.
    Yesterday my copy of David Bowie's "Blackstar" finally arrived.

Cicada 3301 likes this.
  20. Mr Stewart

hello SF,

back to work this week for me. it was easier than i expected. i often have trouble readjusting to the early morning wakeup time but this time around it wasn't too bad, thankfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.