Jim's Cafe for July 1, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Re: Jim's Cafe - Monday 14h July

Good evening everyone. Feel very good today :) Hope y'all had a good day...and to the german members, i'm sure you lot have a hangover after the big celebrations xxx

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend

Heyroo!

I am onthe last 500 songs of my music conversion! w00t! Hoping my system can handle things... I need to increase the amount of memory in my WIndows machine. We'll see!!

Mr Stewart

hi coffee forums,

I am tuckered. fortunately this is the end of my work week and can recoup some over the next two days. only commitment i have is a set of blood tests tomorrow. just my GP making sure my meds aren't making my system go all haywire.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Jim's Cafe, Tuesday July 15

Can hardly wait until the weekend. It is supposed to cool down. Maybe even a raindrop or two. Assuming, of course, that the forecast is right that far out.

Get to make a batch of fudge tomorrow night. For a potluck at work. Its pretty good stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Re: Jim's Cafe, Tuesday July 15

Not a sunbather then SheBear? Me neither nor Claire - Potluck? Is that like a lucky dip with proceeds going to charity? Save some to eat yourself though SheBear

:freehug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Stewart

Morning coffee forums,

Twocky, a potluck is where people each bring one dish of food they have made to a social gathering where everybody samples the food.

Hot outside here too. I will have to venture out in to it briefly to go have a blood test done, but then back to apartment and my little electric fan. :)

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter

Good afternoon, Café! :)

Slept really well last night...We had a thunderstorm and a tree just outside the building got hit by lightning. I slept through it, but saw the tree when I went out this morning! The only other news here is that my TV is old (18 years) and is slowly giving out. I will have to replace it soon. I'm checking the sales flyers and have been to a few electronics stores to price check.

She Bear, feel free to send some of that fudge this way - I'm a wonderful taste tester. :D Fudge sounds yum!

Twocky, I'm not into sunbathing either. Too hot and sunburns can be dangerous.

Mr Stewart, don't let the vampires take too much! Glad you have a fan to help you stay cool!

Wishing everyone a good day! :mouse_cheese:

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni

stepped out for only one hour to see my mother and ups guys show up then uggggg always the way i left note asking them to leave parcels but nope they could not i guess
so i sit waiting in hope they show up sometime today yet again always always something

:thankyou: Mr Stewart (I had a teacher same name lol One of the best teachers to be taught by)

=========================================================

Awww Acy no sunshine on your purdy li'l face then? lol

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter

I am also looking forward to the weekend! Going to a party after work, should be fun :)

Mr Stewart

Jim's Cafe Wednesday July 16, 2014

Hello SF,

heatwave continues. pls :rain: soon. would be very nice.

went upstairs to do laundry, left door open, and surprise to find a visitor had ventured down in to my apartment. Upstairs neighbour's doggie. I dunno what sort of breed. Looks like a terrier and schnauzer mix. Cute. Dog deposited back upstairs and having breakfast now. :dog_smiley:

Acy

Admin
SF Supporter
Re: Jim's Cafe Wednesday July 16, 2014

Good afternoon, Café! :)

Mr Stewart, ugh, a heat wave! However, as visitors go, that was a nice visitor to have! I had some kind of outdoor bug drinking Star's water the other day. Eeeek! *has the creeps now - shudders*

Finished making lollipops with my sister today. We have enough for all the place settings at my niece's wedding now. They're very pretty. We're counting down the days until the big event...

Not much else new here. Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon! :D

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Jim's Cafe Thursday, 17 July 2014

Good Morning Cafe goers - I hope all find today to be a happy, productive, or happy and productive day :beguiled: Short of those lofty goals stay safe and and remember what type of day you have tomorrow depends in some small part on what you do today so make the most of it you are able.

I have a lot of work to catch up on and plan to not be around for the next week or so trying to catch up on things. Though typical to my standard procrastination mode, I am going out on the lake fishing with an old friend I have not seen much of in the last few years. They live in Arizona now but are up in New York on holidays so it was too much of an opportunity to catch up to pass by so decided would push my planned productivity back a few hours for that. After that I plan to get busy catching up on things and will see you all again in a week or so - try to stay safe and take care of yourselves! The same wish for a great day applies to the next week as well.

My song for you all this morning - Take It Easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEzTdBJUHO8

Mr Stewart

Re: Jim's Cafe Thursday, 17 July 2014

afternoon coffee forums,

weather is all over the place today. had a brief thunderstorm. and i do mean brief. was maybe five minutes of hail and wind, then back to sunny now. :D

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Re: Jim's Cafe Thursday, 17 July 2014

no rain here today nice not to hot either stayed in bed most day though just got up to visit with someone lunch and supper tired now hope all have a good evening

Acy

Admin
SF Supporter
Jim's Café TGIF July 18, 2014

Good morning, Café!

Have many little things going on today. Haircut, make bean salad, fold laundry and put away, pitch and toss old paper files, volunteering at Bingo this afternoon...don't need to do groceries today as I did those yesterday. Best news of the week is that my old TV has been replaced. Wow - the new HDTVs are really clear! What a difference! I can read the running news scrolls at the bottom of the screen now! :D Yay!

And one week to go until my niece's wedding, so feeling excited about that, too! :)

Wishing everyone a terrific Friday and a great weekend! :happysmiles:

Re: Jim's Café TGIF July 18, 2014

I wonder if your feller will notice your new hairdo Acy - we usually don't as blokes are rather unobservant :lol:

Mr Stewart

Re: Jim's Café TGIF July 18, 2014

afternoon everybody,

cooler day today and much welcome. work was usual routine. back home now. will microwave a steam bun for lunch momentarily...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00