Jim's Cafe Friday 11/20/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Good morning it afternoon SF friends. Its National Absurdity Day according to the whoever makes up these things calendar.

I hope you all had a decent week and are feeling all right. I wanted to open cafe early to get weekend started. Hope that's ok with everyone. *hiya

I got some questions so feel free to answer at your leisure.

1) what are you up to for the weekend?

2) what's your favorite fast food restaurant?

3) what's your guilty pleasure 😈?

4) do you collect anything, have hobbies or what would you like to do?

5) is there a thing, a phrase that you can look back on and laugh or be surprised about that you took literally as a child?

6) what do you think of these pictures below? I googled absurd art and toilet monster popped up!!! Screenshot_20201120-060640_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201120-060511_Chrome.jpg 6788291_fc705.gif giphy.gif

Can you guys help me tag. Thanks

@Sunspots @extraterrestrialone @Walker @StrangeRanger @KindaOtiose @Baywasp @Mister

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Once I'm done being a drunk idiot, I'll sleep until Monday.
McDonalds, even though a Big Mac is mostly bread.
I have many pleasures. Guiltiest? None of your business, but it involves one of my hands.
I used to collect books. I still do, in digital form.
5) is there a thing, a phrase that you can look back on and laugh or be surprised about that you took literally as a child?
God Bless Me.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Once I'm done being a drunk idiot, I'll sleep until Monday.

McDonalds, even though a Big Mac is mostly bread.

I have many pleasures. Guiltiest? None of your business, but it involves one of my hands.

I used to collect books. I still do, in digital form.

God Bless Me.
*hysterical ahhh, I'll just lie here and um.

I just got a kindle a few months ago human but he first book is ehhh. So it kinda turned me off. Do you have a kindle?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Nothing that I know of, maybe some more sleeping.

Not sure if I can pick just one, because many have good menu items.

Chocolate and coffee.

I collect things like postcards, keychains, magnets, etc.
I like writing, reading, music, movies, and there's lots I would like to do.

I thought utility poles were aliens for some reason. lol

6) what do you think of these pictures below? I googled absurd art and toilet monster popped up!!!
Kinda weird I guess :P

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Nothing that I know of, maybe some more sleeping.

Not sure if I can pick just one, because many have good menu items.

Chocolate and coffee.

I collect things like postcards, keychains, magnets, etc.
I like writing, reading, music, movies, and there's lots I would like to do.

I thought utility poles were aliens for some reason. lol

6) what do you think of these pictures below? I googled absurd art and toilet monster popped up!!!
Kinda weird I guess :P
#5. Lol. Weird how kids see things. I always thought a neon nathan sign looked like Bugs Bunny down the road. 🤷‍♀️

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
hey @Lane , today we’ve got some early errands (shopping for food etc) to do so i will be back here at my usual lateness time and do some real answering. but some of the errand is time sensitive! just need a little cup of coffee first to get going. sorry i can’t stay and relax right now.

see you soonnnnnn. 😊

FFurry

SF Supporter
Not much! We are locked down here, so no restaurants, no gym, no movies, etc. Thinking of heading to the stormy wilderness coast to get away from it all.

KFC

KFC

I used to collect rocks, but now all I have is a pile of rocks, so I stopped.

Sports jacket. I thought they meant a sweatshirt, so I was mildly surprised, but wore my best one to the event. True story, but I was very young.

Lysergic acid diethylamide?

thanks for the tag @Lane :)

no plans, probably just having anxiety and feeling down as usual and watching movies

mcdonalds

twilight *shh

I collect shells from beaches I go to. I wouldn't say I have hobbies, I dont really know what counts as a hobby? I like photography and editing, I've got so far behind on things this year from feeling so depressed but I was teaching myself astrology

I remember having kids comics that had info about the latest this and that and reading the phrase "watch this space" and thinking it literally meant kept looking at the page and something would magically appear on there, so I did and I was confused why nothing happened *rofl
I was confused about fax machines too, I couldn't comprehend how they worked and nobody told me how they worked so I assumed it teleported paper from one machine to another *rofl

Inya

babaya gayolera
Thanks @Lane for the tag. ;)

Wallowing on the couch most of the time since everything’s closed. Maybe I’ll meet my friends tomorrow. In the woods. Secretly. Illegally. On a safety distance. Each with their own beer.*shh

I don’t eat fast food.

3) what's your guilty pleasure?
I have many pleasures but not much guilt.*dunno

random crafting, making cookies, getting drunk…you know...the usual.

Yeah, but if I translate it it looses the meaning. For example there’s a similar word in my language for ‘pleasant’ and ‘to touch’. So I thought ‘pleasant’ meant you can touch it. Actually, it makes sense lol.

My Google doesn’t give me toilet monsters. :( Anyway, the artists must be on strong stuff. I like this one.

barry-kite-collages-5.jpg

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening the cafe @Lane

I got some questions so feel free to answer at your leisure.

I have to work tomorrow, 8 hours, then going to Texas Roadhouse. Sunday morning I have to get groceries then will spend the rest of the day working on Lanterns. Next week I have the week off.

Taco Bell

Whiskey and Texas Roadhouse

I collect and restore and customize Coleman lanterns. It is a very interesting hobby with a large community.

When I was about 5 or 6 my mom told me that if I could sprinkle salt on a birds tail I could catch the bird. The thought of catching a bird enthralled me. I asked for a salt shaker and she gave me one. I went out into the yard, lots of birds around, but I could never get close enough to put salt on their tail.

I will probably have nightmares about toilet monsters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00