Jim's Cafe Friday 16th October 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It is FRIDAY *bounce Cheers to that. Welcome to the cafe. The days seem to be flying. Only a few weeks to 2021. Scary isn't it?

1602815516221.png 1602815551930.png

Here are some strange but true facts 😂 What do you think of them??

1) People can suffer from a psychological disorder called Boanthropy that makes them believe that they are a cow. They try to live their life as a cow.
2) In South Korea there is an emergency number (113) to report spies.
3) In 2014, a missing woman on a vacation in Iceland was found when it was discovered that she was in the search party looking for herself.
4) Warner Bros cancelled “Home Alone” because they didn’t want to spend $14 million on it. 21st Century Fox continued the production, and the film grossed $476 million worldwide.
5) In 2005, a fortune cookie company called Wonton Food Inc. correctly foretold lottery numbers, resulting in 110 winners and an investigation. No fraud was involved
Have a great weekend everyone!!! Have fun and be safe :)
1602815875458.png 1602815885252.png 1602815906218.png
Now for some questions to get us chatting!
If You Could Be A Member Of Any TV-Sitcom Family, Which Would It Be?

Would You Leave Your Hometown Forever Or Stay In Your Hometown Forever?

When Scrolling Through Social Media, Do You Prefer Posts From Celebrities Or From Your Best Friends?

Is There An App That You Hate But Use Anyways?

What Is The Stupidest Thing You’ve Done Because Someone Dared You To?

Blue Star

Thanks for the invite, @Champagne. Happy Friday!!!!! *bounce*woohoo*dance*dance4:)

If You Could Be A Member Of Any TV-Sitcom Family, Which Would It Be? Randy from Home Improvement

Would You Leave Your Hometown Forever Or Stay In Your Hometown Forever? LEAVE

When Scrolling Through Social Media, Do You Prefer Posts From Celebrities Or From Your Best Friends? Friends

Is There An App That You Hate But Use Anyways? I don't really use apps, but I do use Twitter. It's filled with so much nonsense.

What Is The Stupidest Thing You’ve Done Because Someone Dared You To? I was dared to outrun one of my neighbor's dogs as a teenager. I didn't lol. I was okay tho.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Married With Children, the Bundys.
I've already left it forever. That's good, Jersey City sucks.
When Scrolling Through Social Media, Do You Prefer Posts From Celebrities Or From Your Best Friends?
Most social media posts from celebrities are pointless gibberish. A big celebrity could post a single period --> . and generate 10,000 likes in an hour. So it never rises much above that level.
Camera apps. Most of them seem to go out of their way to be annoying.
When I was a little kid, dared to climb all the way up the side of a fairly tall building that had a spindly ladder attached to it. That's when I found out that I'm afraid of heights. About halfway up was when I reached the complete paralysis terror level. Took me a long time to get to the top. The little shit who dared me clambered up in less than 5 minutes like a monkey, of course.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you for opening the cafe and inviting me @Champagne .

i'll try to answer the questions.

1. sitcom family : 3rd rock from the sun. i'm usually way out there anyway.

2. hometown : stay in or near my hometown

3. social media : i don't use social media

4. app i hate and use : waze. i use it for gps but sometimes it takes me all over the place when my destination would have been close. and sometimes it tells me to turn after i pass the street.

5. stupid dare : when i was stationed in cuba it was very boring so we had to make our own fun. well some friends dared me to race the quarter mile. they had all kinds of classes. well i had a stock 58 olds so i thought i would try. it was on an abandoned air strip. well anyway nobody told me which way to go on the strip. i went the wrong way on my first trial run and almost went over a cliff at least 50 foot drop.....mike

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Thank you @Champagne for opening the cafe and inviting me.

I have 2 hours of vacation time today so getting off work at 11:30 am. I plan on doing all my chores today so I can have Saturday and Sunday to mess with lanterns. Saturday afternoon my friend and I will go to Texas Roadhouse, the highlight of my week. Fried pickles, New York strip steak, loaded steak fries, green beans, enough for two meals. The bartender knows us now and we tip her enough that she pays attention to us so it is a wonderful experience. One time she comped our meals. I have a Coleman 237 lantern I hope to get going again this weekend. I fixed my tail lights last weekend and they are working fine now so I have the weekend to play.
I don't watch TV, just have Netflix and Prime, I would not like to be a member of any Sitcom family.

I come from Middlebury IN and would stay there forever but I can't afford it.

I prefer posts from my friends, I only have one best friend and he doesn't post anything, he has trouble reading and does not know how to spell. It is embarrasing for him so he doesn't post anything, people make fun of him.

I don't have any apps I hate. My favorite app is Listonic, I use it for my grocery list, it tells me how much I am going to spend for groceries.

One time when I was young, like 18 years old, and with our church youth group somebody put a napkin in my water glass. A guy beside me said "I'll give you $5 to eat that." I thought about it. Another guy said "I'll give you a dollar!" All the money I earned at work was taken by my parents so $6 was a lot of money for me. I could just pocket it and never tell my parents. I could buy something with that money. I ate the napkin.

emily91

where do you get these facts from?

seriously: sometimes it's worth logging in just to see what you've written! (I love your cafe posts, please continue them!. for meeeee?. lol!)

the questions:

stay their for ever. why move?

I don't have social media, but if I did, I think I'd prefer messages from celebrities.

no

I don't know. honestly don't fall for dares

as for fictional families, the griffins?. maybe?. they are just fun!. and a talking dog as a pet?. that might make walks fun haha

as for me today, nothing planned. I never had that phone call yesterday (canceled at the last moment, story of my life)

but it is friday, so may treat myself to a takeout this evening. I have to really, had a difficult week.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
where do you get these facts from?

seriously: sometimes it's worth logging in just to see what you've written! (I love your cafe posts, please continue them!. for meeeee?. lol!)
I should have put a source on the facts but it was from a reputable site and thank you SO much for your lovely comments Emily, I'll make sure to include you into the cafe's in future, I shall definitely continue them. Have a beautiful day *hug

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It is FRIDAY *bounce Cheers to that. Welcome to the cafe. The days seem to be flying. Only a few weeks to 2021. Scary isn't it?

View attachment 39266 View attachment 39268

Here are some strange but true facts 😂 What do you think of them??

1) People can suffer from a psychological disorder called Boanthropy that makes them believe that they are a cow. They try to live their life as a cow.
2) In South Korea there is an emergency number (113) to report spies.
3) In 2014, a missing woman on a vacation in Iceland was found when it was discovered that she was in the search party looking for herself.
4) Warner Bros cancelled “Home Alone” because they didn’t want to spend $14 million on it. 21st Century Fox continued the production, and the film grossed $476 million worldwide.
5) In 2005, a fortune cookie company called Wonton Food Inc. correctly foretold lottery numbers, resulting in 110 winners and an investigation. No fraud was involved
Have a great weekend everyone!!! Have fun and be safe :)
Now for some questions to get us chatting!

I love that one about lottery tickets and the woman searching for herself.

I think I'd leave my hometown forever. I rather posts from my friends. Don't really follow celebrities. Why would I care to? My friends however...

cymbele

SF Supporter
Good morning. Somehow today I have to make 6 doz cookies for the baby shower. AND i HATE MAKING COOKIES!!

Labor of love I guess.

Those are weird facts though. I'm not sure I believe in the first though...

If You Could Be A Member Of Any TV-Sitcom Family, Which Would It Be? I Gilmore girls or the Hallmark show The Good Witch

Would You Leave Your Hometown Forever Or Stay In Your Hometown Forever? I had to leave my hometown 40 years ago and now couldn't afford to live closer to it. So I am now in my "new" hometown about 30 miles from my old hometown.

When Scrolling Through Social Media, Do You Prefer Posts From Celebrities Or From Your Best Friends? Friends

Is There An App That You Hate But Use Anyways? I agree with @1964dodge on waze. You have to know where you are going because if you blindly follow it it would take longer.

What Is The Stupidest Thing You’ve Done Because Someone Dared You To? Too many stupid things but I can't remember any at them (pushed back in my mind).

Thanks for inviting me and I will be back to read other's responses

Last edited:

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Hey there all, it's nice to be the wonderful cafe! Thanks again @Champagne 😄 I read that cow fact to my boyfriend, just had to prove to him it was a legit thing hahaha. I learn something new everyday.

I can't answer this honestly, I did some serious thinking, & I couldn't pick one. I feel like it'd be a blessing yet a curse just thinking of the families that come to mind 😂

Well I left mine, & I'm glad I made the decision to not stay. I was born in a big city, living the opposite if that has given me more peace of mind.

I don't care for social media like that. When I did, I didnt really care about either of the two. It was either toxic venting, or some drama, I don't think any of us have time for it. Sorry if I sound a bit cynical, it just seems rare to see true positivity posted via other sites these days.

Um no, if I hate it, why use it at all? Seems very silly.

Not quite sure, I know as a kid my friends & I did some atrocious stuff but nothing too outrageous, nothing really sticks out 🤷‍♀️

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
What about Christmas really excites you?
Pat and Woolie of Best Friends Play fame both discussed this idea really well, i can 100% relate so much to this topic.
In particular, having that part of your brain being like "This is so gross, i'm disgusting!" is something i have way too much experience with. :D
And i've literally had thoughts about how i would, with zero hesitation, have one of those teleporters installed inside me.
We're all united in this, unless, as I've heard, you, Ashe, do it standing.
Hey there all, it's nice to be the wonderful cafe! Thanks again @Champagne 😄 I read that cow fact to my boyfriend, just had to prove to him it was a legit thing hahaha. I learn something new everyday.

I can't answer this honestly, I did some serious thinking, & I couldn't pick one. I feel like it'd be a blessing yet a curse just thinking of the families that come to mind 😂

Well I left mine, & I'm glad I made the decision to not stay. I was born in a big city, living the opposite if that has given me more peace of mind.

I don't care for social media like that. When I did, I didnt really care about either of the two. It was either toxic venting, or some drama, I don't think any of us have time for it. Sorry if I sound a bit cynical, it just seems rare to see true positivity posted via other sites these days.

Um no, if I hate it, why use it at all? Seems very silly.

Not quite sure, I know as a kid my friends & I did some atrocious stuff but nothing too outrageous, nothing really sticks out 🤷‍♀️

Kafka

If You Could Be A Member Of Any TV-Sitcom Family, Which Would It Be? Bender in Futurama.

Would You Leave Your Hometown Forever Or Stay In Your Hometown Forever? Between those two choices: leave

When Scrolling Through Social Media, Do You Prefer Posts From Celebrities Or From Your Best Friends? I don't use social media.

Is There An App That You Hate But Use Anyways? Hmm not really.

What Is The Stupidest Thing You’ve Done Because Someone Dared You To? Dunno, I'm not dared very often.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Gm and thanks for tag @Champagne.

1. Heres pics.
Screenshot_20201015-233128_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201015-232052_Chrome.jpg
2. Wish I could go back, marry my sweetheart and live happily ever after.

3. I go on Facebook and torture myself 😏. See people from my past, lots of political posts. I should read more!!!

4. Skinny dipping, skipping school, ended with broken nose all in one day. Good times😳

Working from home on this rainy day and feel like taking a nap, but crankin the 80's rock. 😎

Hope you're all doing fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00