Jim's Cafe - Friday 30th September

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Freya, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Morning café peeps!

Questions for today:

Where the heck did September go???
    Why is to so cooollllldddd?
    Why hasn't @Rockclimbinggirl even put the kettle on yet?!

Today IS going to be better tomorrow. I am absolutely not having another day like yesterday. Though I am looking at my monthly figures and I am currently sitting at 30% below budget for the month so that probably is not going to end well unless someone by some miracle conjures tens of thousands of pounds from nowhere.

But anyway - what is everyone else doing with their Friday?
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  2. bobbob

bobbob Well-Known Member

Im off hang-gliding in about ten minutes and then plan a quick swim around a small island off the welsh coast. After a short rest and nip of whisky, I might walk along the beach and compose a book of poems in my head to send to the publisher when I get home. In the evening, I'll fly out to Syria to do my weekly humanitarian stint with the Red Cross. If there's time when I get home, I'll make my usal call to the Prime Minister to advice her on affairs of state; not that she even listens.

Either the above or instead I'll spend time on SF and boring my family reiterating my woes.
  3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

For real? Hang-gliding and ociean swimming??

Oh wait - got to the part about the Prime Minister and now I think you're messing with me. You are on the grill now for the rest of the day as punishment!
  4. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

LOL @bobbob

@Freya I have missed my entire summer being stuck in hospital. Blinked and it disappeared :(

I haven't got any plans for today except to get a couple of jobs done in the house and making sure I get showered and dressed. I am really battling the depression and lack of motivation today which is getting old really fast now.
  5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I hope everyone has a safe and nice day.
  6. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I had woodworking last night and as usual I didn't want to go but when I got there I had so much fun I didn't want to leave. The job is still meh but it tickles me to being referred to as "Chief Engineer" (I'm the ONLY engineer!) If nothing else I got a paycheck yesterday. I still have to think about going back to the old job where I am the least experienced.
    Have a great day SF peeps
  7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Wow - whole month gone - and 3/4 of the year gone...

Time goes by so fast - or at least months and seasons do. A day still can last 2 years though... Not sur ehow thta works.

Hope all have a great weekend !!
  8. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

This morning I'm going to see the room I'm hoping to move into soon. Just waiting on the guy to text me back with the address. Then I have practice and a pasta dinner/rugby viewing with the team again. Not sure where the dinner's going to be at. This has the potential to be a very good day if I can figure out the housing stuff.
  9. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

@Freya Sorry I was asleep when you opened the Café. I have now put on the kettle.

I have work later today and then some studying to do.
  10. bobbob

bobbob Well-Known Member

:) grill at least would be warmer than West Wales today.
  11. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

My mum just scared the life out of me. My mobile went and I was in the bath. I thought I had better see who it was calling. She said did I know about the comet. Apparently a comet was heading towards earth and she said it was nice knowing me as her son as we all had only fifteen minutes left to live. I was shaking and turning on the tv where I expected every channel to be reporting about it. But Daily Politics was on and there was nothing. Is it definitely going to hit earth, I asked. Yes, she said, so I said see you later and finished my bath and then I checked on the internet and found this...

It is 720m kilometres away! Not April Fools is it? She would not have done this deliberately by the way, she just gets things wrong. At least I can go out tonight now. I hope.
  12. bobbob

bobbob Well-Known Member

Ive just had bananas and cream with my mum and had email from brother and sister and postcard from the woman I should have married. So feeling a bit more connected with ppl.
    Why didnt I marry her? Damn. Now seems too late.
    Had some chocolate cheese cake earlier and have written outline for book. Dark comedy about guy who gets screwed by the health service and goes mad with loud noises in his head. And find some redemption (not sre yet how.). tbh, if I can not go mad, and can pull back from the precipice, I think it could be quite good book. Maybe Im dreaming but dreams are what I need atm.
  13. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

My earache is especially painful today. I couldn't sleep more than a few hours. It's going to be a very long night until my appointment tomorrow morning.
  14. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I'm officially moving in tomorrow morning. I think one of the guys from the team who has a car will help me move my bags, but not sure. Today was a frustrating practice, and cold and rainy, and tomorrow will probably be a hard game. But I'm still happy to be on the team. No pasta dinner tonight, it turns out, unfortunately, so I'll try to find a decent but affordable place to eat and hope it's not still raining because I'm cold. Gonna go off and take a warm shower.
  15. Rockclimbinggirl

*baywasp :D :D so glad for you.
    DrownedFishOnFire and baywasp like this.
  16. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Today I got a call saying my background check turned out fine. They think my drug test results will turn out fine, so I am glad they have faith that I can do the job. They want me to train in 5 days.
  17. Rockclimbinggirl

18. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Day went by in a blur...too fast however I do hope the weather holds well in October!

GN everyone