Jims Cafe' Friday Dec. 4, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Good morning/afternoon everyone. πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Happy Friday! I'm up early so I thought I'd get the ball rollin and open up here.

What are you up to this weekend? Are you ready for the holidays? πŸŽπŸŽ„I get it if you lay low.

I googled some fun facts. Thank you @Champagne for that idea, then follow up with some questions should you wish to answer. So, have a good day and see ya all around the forum.

Fun Facts πŸ€—πŸ’πŸπŸπŸ

1. Goosebumps are meant to ward off predators.

2. Pineapple can work as a meat tenderizer.

3. Humans are the only animals that blush.

4. Cotton candy was invented by a dentist. (1897, John C. Wharton)

5. Superman didn't always fly. (In 1940 he started).

6. Space smells like seared steak. πŸ₯©πŸ₯©πŸ₯©πŸ₯©

K, how about some questions?

1) Do the challenges you've faced make you a better or worse person? Why?

2) what do you wish people would stop asking you?

3) what do you like or not like about your country/state/neighborhood where you live?

4)what's your favorite holiday, if you had to choose?

5) What's the most immature thing you remember your parent(s) doing?

Screenshot_20201204-063907_Chrome.jpg
Tagging @Champagne @Baywasp @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @Kiwi2016 @Blue Star @Sunspots @Diana11 @Dinolaur @Autumn1973 @Egg119 @Lux @KM76710 @LonelyHiker @cymbele @Inya @Nick @Auri @pooky

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Today has been pretty awful so far, that's all I can really say.

Not better or worse, just more defeated and hopeless.

When I'm going to get married and have kids.

3) what do you like or not like about your country/state/neighborhood where you live?
It's quiet and peaceful, but people can be ignorant.

4 )what's your favorite holiday, if you had to choose?
Halloween

Just being argumentative.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Today has been pretty awful so far, that's all I can really say.

Not better or worse, just more defeated and hopeless.

When I'm going to get married and have kids.

It's quiet and peaceful, but people can be ignorant.

4 )what's your favorite holiday, if you had to choose?
Halloween

Just being argumentative.
I'm here if you want to talk.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
1. The harder challenges made me bitter and hateful in the past and even had me diagnosed with PTSD. Now I feel relaxed with my new medicine and my children have begun to mature in their mid 20's with one at home. People have said I've had a hard life, but I only know how to survive it hide.

2. I wish people would stop asking me about my relationships or my past marriage.or, biggie, why my daughter doesnt talk to me, I tell them, you have to ask her. ( I have 2)

3. Too much to say,

4. Easter, love bunnies

5. My mother staying up all hours watching TV. Foster father drinking.

emily91

worse, because I am constantly pushing people away, constantly complaining, constantly depressed and constantly comparing myself to others who have a better life.

if I'm okay, because I've come to the realisation that they are actually saying is, if you're not, then I don't want to know you

I don't like the fact I live in a quiet area. I'm more city gal

christmas, especially the pretty lights

bouncing on the trampoleen while singing the wonderful thing about tigger

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
1. The harder challenges made me bitter and hateful in the past and even had me diagnosed with PTSD. Now I feel relaxed with my new medicine and my children have begun to mature in their mid 20's with one at home. People have said I've had a hard life, but I only know how to survive it hide.

2. I wish people would stop asking me about my relationships or my past marriage.or, biggie, why my daughter doesnt talk to me, I tell them, you have to ask her. ( I have 2)

3. Too much to say,

4. Easter, love bunnies

5. My mother staying up all hours watching TV. Foster father drinking.
Nothing wrong with watching TV or drinking, buuut it was the yelling or talking back to it. It's ok Mom, I love you.

The 1/2 gallon of Smirnoff each day, not so good 😁

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter

worse, because I am constantly pushing people away, constantly complaining, constantly depressed and constantly comparing myself to others who have a better life.

if I'm okay, because I've come to the realisation that they are actually saying is, if you're not, then I don't want to know you

I don't like the fact I live in a quiet area. I'm more city gal

christmas, especially the pretty lights

bouncing on the trampoleen while singing the wonderful thing about tigger
Thanks for answering @emily91. I just added you to my list for when I make a cafe again. Anyone can open too.

I compare myself to others in my age group all the time, did for years.

Przym

Worse. It's just bred this bitterness within me, and a lack in efficacy of getting myself out of this hole.

Things like, "How are you?" I know it's intended to signify caring, but it comes off as mechanical and uninspired. On any given day, I'm miserable anyway, so the question only serves to hook me into a session of complaining, unless I decide to be passive, and lie, and say, "I'm good".

I like the fact that it's first world, and relatively more free than say, places like Somalia, or Syria.

But the US is quite willfully blind to its flaws: Our homeless problem is dire. We are edging closer to a police state. But our country is divided between naive Marxists and far-right constitutionalists who act as blind sycophants to the very state that would remove their freedoms.

Christmas.

Gee, hard to choose just one.

I guess I'll pick the time when my father was mad at me because he thought my therapy session had taken too long, and then accused me, a then 19-year-old girl of having sex with my therapist, a woman in her 60's. Not only immature, but extremely irrational.

overall better, they taught me a lot, put things into perspective for me, made me mature, made me know how to avoid bad things in the future, made me more empathetic and open-minded, made me appreciate things more when things are good, given me motivation in a "dont let things get that bad again" way, made me more humble, taught me more about myself.

They've made me worse in the sense they've given me anxiety permanently, as in I'm terrified of stupid little things or people in general because of bad past experiences, I'm more guarded than ever and push most people away, it's also made me feel hopeless in general and worthless, I'm always scared of history repeating itself, and certain triggers even tiny things can throw me into an anxiety attack if they remind me of past things which is horrible. But It's not made me a worse person in terms of my personality. I've never turned nasty or anything because of the pain. Despite it effecting me by making me more anxious I've never lost myself totally, I've never let it make me become angry or cynical or heartless or shitty to others. I'm proud of myself for that :)

"what do you do?"
I suppose these days "how are you?" although barely anyone does ask me that but if they do it just reminds me how awful I feel and then I have to face the awkward task of answering without sounding too fakely happy but not too depressing either. Then it just triggers other issues for me like "oh great see how alone you are, you cant even tell people the truth"

how many idiots and jerks there are

4) what's your favorite holiday, if you had to choose?
christmas, although I havent felt the christmas spirit for a few years

I dont know

Legate Lanius

Thanks for opening it.
Fun Facts πŸ€—πŸ’πŸπŸπŸ

1. Goosebumps are meant to ward off predators.

2. Pineapple can work as a meat tenderizer.

3. Humans are the only animals that blush.

4. Cotton candy was invented by a dentist. (1897, John C. Wharton)

5. Superman didn't always fly. (In 1940 he started).

6. Space smells like seared steak. πŸ₯©πŸ₯©πŸ₯©πŸ₯©
Great facts.

1. Worse since I can't work, study, have a relationship or survive on my own. Better since I no longer judge people for being weak and stupid. Well, not as much anyway.
2. No one asks me anything.
3. Hate the overpopulation and that we have around one hundred thousand more males than females.
4. Christmas, for sure.
5. Having children.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER

Thanks for the tag @Lane Well, I think I was tagged somewhere as an afterthought.

Neither

No one asks me anything. I usually do all the asking. ostly people run for the hills too.

My concern for anything in my neighbourhood, country, whatever, is right up there with my concern for the Andromeda galaxy colliding with the Milky Way.

I choose none of them

Which parents?

Przym

My concern for anything in my neighbourhood, country, whatever, is right up there with my concern for the Andromeda galaxy colliding with the Milky Way.
Lol! I love your cynical, dry/dark humor.

In regards to your answer to number two, I'd like to throw in my apology for basically forsaking our conversation months back (I changed my name about a month into being back here from Wereghost). I'm admittedly quite self-centered when it comes to interpersonal communication, and find that I don't really ask enough questions of others. *shy

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
Lol! I love your cynical, dry/dark humor.
You're about the only one ; )

In regards to your answer to number two, I'd like to throw in my apology for basically forsaking our conversation months back (I changed my name about a month into being back here from Wereghost). I'm admittedly quite self-centered when it comes to interpersonal communication, and find that I don't really ask enough questions of others. *shy
Everyone forsakes my conversations so no biggie. I've found a new forum where my not ungenerous credit card might come in a bit more useful. I wish you the best.

Przym

You're about the only one ; )

Everyone forsakes my conversations so no biggie. I've found a new forum where my not ungenerous credit card might come in a bit more useful. I wish you the best.
Oh? What's the new forum? (If I may be so nosy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00