Jim's cafe - Friday.June.26th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Hey everyone, thought I'd open the cafe today since none has been opened yet & also it's been at least a month or more since I opened one :p

I thought a fun theme for today might be BIRDS, I found this cool pic of some parrots I like so thought I'd post it here & also ask some bird-related q's too lol ;)

Questions: (Answer whichever ones you want, or just talk about birds in general or whatever else you want, hope everyone is having a nice day & sending lots of hugs to everyone too!) :) :) :)

1. Do you like birds? If yes, what are some of your fave ones? And if no, why?
2. Have you ever had a bird as a pet? If yes, what kind? If no, would you ever want one as a pet?
3. Do you have a least fave kind of bird?

4. Anything else you want to talk about, either related to birds or whatever else? Or if there's nothing then feel free to post a pic of a bird or whatever else you want to post a pic of ;)

Tagging: @Witty✯Sarcasm @Kiwi2016 @Lane @1964dodge @Innocent Forever @MisterBGone @extraterrestrialone @Baywasp @Sunspots @Auri @Aurelia @Ash600 @Acy @cymbele @Road to Nowhere @KM76710 @Cynic Goat @Blue Star @BlackOpium @Lux @AFlower @JDot @britishbloke @Walker @Freya @Kira @sinking_ship @FlamingoWrangler @pooky @bubblebear @Bbear82 @Nick @foreverforgotten @Tana

JMG

My answers:

Yes, some of my fave kinds are parrots, hummingbirds, robins, blue jays, eagles, flamingos and peacocks.

2. Have you ever had a bird as a pet? If yes, what kind? If no, would you ever want one as a pet?
No never. I'm not sure if I'd ever want one for a pet, maybe if there was a fairly quiet one I could get but otherwise I prefer to just enjoy seeing them flying around outside & being free rather than locked in a cage.

Pigeons I guess but overall I like all birds & kinda wish I could be one cos would be cool to be able to fly wherever I wanted :)

4. Anything else you want to talk about, either related to birds or whatever else? Or if there's nothing then feel free to post a pic of a bird or whatever else you want to post a pic of.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag and for opening the cafe @JMG
1. I'm a fan of birds. I think parrots are funny, and I used to love feeding the pigeons and seagulls in San Francisco. I also like ducks
2. I've never had a bird, but I might consider it some day. But I know some birds, like certain parrots, can live a long time and that's a huge commitment.
3. I have no least favorite bird, although I don't want to get too close to geese or swans.
4. Here's a cute looking bird I like the colors of
1593204726738.png

Road to Nowhere

💫💫💫💫💫
SF Supporter

I love birds favorites are: parrots, flamingos, eagles, owls, and many more.

Always wanted a parrot teach it to say bad words.

Seagulls and crows are a nuisance and annoying.

4. Anything else you want to talk about, either related to birds or whatever else? Or if there's nothing then feel free to post a pic of a bird or whatever else you want to post a pic of. Awesome pic of two rainbow birds.
1593205659818.png

cymbele

SF Supporter
I almost opened the cafe except i didn't have any questions

1. Do you like birds?
I don't really care for birds although I think they're pretty. I was at 50 years old before seeing my first hummingbird.

2. Have you ever had a bird as a pet?
Nope, never really cared.

3. Do you have a least fave kind of bird? Geese

4. Anything else you want to talk about, either related to birds or whatever else? Or if there's nothing then feel free to post a pic of a bird or whatever else you want to post a pic of ;)

I looked for a picture of birds but couldn't find any. At least in my collection.

yes :) ravens, robins, puffins, um birds of paradise, owls, there's prob more I cant think of!

no I've never had one. I don't think so, they seem a bit loud lol

pigeons are kinda annoying I guess

4. Anything else you want to talk about, either related to birds or whatever else? Or if there's nothing then feel free to post a pic of a bird or whatever else you want to post a pic of

I like blackbird song the best

and I photograph wild birds sometimes, here's some photos of mine:

blackcap
e377.png

long-tailed tit
e453.png

robin
e258.png

raven/crow? - I couldn't see close enough to see the beak
e309.png

goldfinch
e346.png

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Yes, birds are awesome. I like parrots, parakeets, cockatiels, cockatoos, ravens, crows, robins, and more.

I've had 3 parakeets and they were all great pets.

Whatever one likes to shit on me or peck me. lol

1593218346368.png

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Hey everyone, thought I'd open the cafe today since none has been opened yet & also it's been at least a month or more since I opened one :p

I thought a fun theme for today might be BIRDS, I found this cool pic of some parrots I like so thought I'd post it here & also ask some bird-related q's too lol ;)

Questions: (Answer whichever ones you want, or just talk about birds in general or whatever else you want, hope everyone is having a nice day & sending lots of hugs to everyone too!) :):):)

Tagging: @Witty✯Sarcasm @Kiwi2016 @Lane @1964dodge @Innocent Forever @MisterBGone @extraterrestrialone @Baywasp @Sunspots @Auri @Aurelia @Ash600 @Acy @cymbele @Road to Nowhere @KM76710 @Cynic Goat @Blue Star @BlackOpium @Lux @AFlower @JDot @britishbloke @Walker @Freya @Kira @sinking_ship @FlamingoWrangler @pooky @bubblebear @Bbear82 @Nick @foreverforgotten @Tana
weird brain things going on? did i see that picture of the colorful parrots today? but... or was it a dream? i was tagged but did i get the alert? hmm, will i ever know? but know or not, thanks much for the tag JMG. now i see these are very important questions.

Here Goes
yes. when i was a little kid i loved birds so much that my parents bought a couple bird feeders and a bird caller - a little wooden red squeaky thing and we went out early in the morning bird watching. and i bought hundreds of audubon prints of birds etc. favorite birds are first of all, the obligatory albatross. then in no particualr order, blue jay, cardinal, gold finch, robin, red headed woodpecker, crane, black capped chickadee, flicker, assorted owls and many many more.

i had a half moon parrot and a cockateel. unfortunately i was not the best/reponsible pet owner. its a sad part of my childhood. the half moon never spoke and always tried to bite so we gave him to a friend of the family to train. he returned well trained but shortly after he became sick and died. it was so sad that he was not able to have a happy life.
ducks geese chickens, swans. they are just kind of mean and self centered. but they are birds so i always give them the benefit of the doubt. and starlings. but i’ve been working on a poem about starlings simply because i beleive they deserve a poem at least.
jazz....

charlie parker
lullaby of birdland

birdland by weather report
2A07177D-4156-42F9-8E87-88E9C20F1C23.jpeg

Ixtab

Yes their eyes are so expressive:
Heron
Osprey
White tail hawk
Eagles
Swallow

No I believe birds should not be domesticated I think it’s

The feathered rat chattering disease bags known as pigeons or doves.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
1. Do you like birds? If yes, what are some of your fave ones? And if no, why? I do love birds. The hummingbirds that are around here are a joy, then the cranes that come to drink and try to catch fish out of the tank are fun. Birds of prey sometimes show up and they can be fun to watch hunt. Red tailed haws, and what look like kestrals or harriers. Sometimes loggerhead shrikes, also known as butcher birds appear, they are both songbirds related to the mockingbird as well as birds of prey that impale their prey on things like thorns and barbed wire barbs.

2. Have you ever had a bird as a pet? If yes, what kind? If no, would you ever want one as a pet? No so far although I count myself as a bird brain. :).

3. Do you have a least fave kind of bird? Buzzards, they can be a hazard when driving and they are feeding in the middle of the road.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Luv this topic @JMG. Thanks for tag.

Had parakeets a bunch over years when were little. Always let them fly in my room or out on back screen porch. They were so sweet.

Like all birds, the Canadian geese leave poop everywhere though, so there's that.

No favorites, but owls are so cute with their big expressive eyes, and birds are such hard workers and good parents.

Here's a match the cartoon to the bird thingie I found. Screenshot_20200627-101354_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200627-101334_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200627-101044_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200627-101104_Chrome.jpg

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hey @JMG, thanks for the tag :)

1. Do you like birds? If yes, what are some of your fave ones? And if no, why? I love birds. Not sure I could pick a favourite. I like robins and blue tits, woodpeckers are kind of crazy, we have a green one that is often in the oak tree behind our garden. My friend has an African grey parrot who is very talkative which never ceases to amaze me. Flamingos and peacocks are incredibly beautiful and hummingbirds are so sweet.

2. Have you ever had a bird as a pet? If yes, what kind? If no, would you ever want one as a pet? I used to have pet chickens. They would sit on my lap in the garden and sneak into the house to eat the cat food. I mainly kept Orpington hens in different colours but I also had a Speckled Sussex called Dot who was a particular character.

Speckled Sussex
4c77f9f076f677c499fa8d85a8f5daf2.jpg

Splash Orpington
003eca8918b5942e5d832539ae142546.jpg

Buff Orpington
s-l400.jpg

JMG

Tysm @ everyone who replied in here I appreciate it so much & also I *love* the pix everyone posted too they're so great! :)

Ty also @Lane for saying you love the theme/topic, I was wondering if I shoulda made it something else (no idea what though lol) cos it got not only way less replies than any other cafe (on the first page anyway) but less views too. I was like wtf do people hate me here or something? But ya that is not a constructive thought & hopefully not true but even if it is I'll still post anyway cos I like it here and enjoy the cafe's, games & diary section anyway.
Even if everyone hated me here for some reason I don't have to hate them back, and I don't ;) :)

britishbloke

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Tysm @ everyone who replied in here I appreciate it so much & also I *love* the pix everyone posted too they're so great! :)

Ty also @Lane for saying you love the theme/topic, I was wondering if I shoulda made it something else (no idea what though lol) cos it got not only way less replies than any other cafe (on the first page anyway) but less views too. I was like wtf do people hate me here or something? But ya that is not a constructive thought & hopefully not true but even if it is I'll still post anyway cos I like it here and enjoy the cafe's, games & diary section anyway.
Even if everyone hated me here for some reason I don't have to hate them back, and I don't ;):)
Literally only just got here (got no notification) I swear I've seen people say if you go over like 10 or something tags, the people after the 10th person don't get a notification or something?! No one hates you *hug

britishbloke

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
1. Do you like birds? If yes, what are some of your fave ones? And if no, why? I like magpies and robins!
2. Have you ever had a bird as a pet? If yes, what kind? If no, would you ever want one as a pet? Nah, I mean, I would probably buy a parrot but it would just talk like a sailor if it was around me for too long :D
3. Do you have a least fave kind of bird? Nope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00