Jim's Cafe, Jan. 9, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeper71

Thanks for the tags @Lane and @Innocent Forever !!

Okay fruit: I like huckleberries and apples because they are good in pies! If I had to just eat plain old fruit I’d have to go with pineapple.

Rules: I live by the motto that I’d rather ask for forgiveness than permission. I don’t like rules because I don’t like being told what to do.

I remember sitting on a park bench this past fall. The ice cream store was getting ready to close for winter so we rode our bikes there to get my son some ice cream. Even though I had him get it in a cup and not a cone he still ended up with a huge mess, he had ice cream everywhere except in his mouth. We had a good laugh about that.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Good morning or afternoon SF friends. I hope it's ok that I open up cafe's again. Sitting drinking my coffee and offering some up here with a few questions that I googled.

Today is National Apricot Day. (Who makes these up? Ha) so,

1) what's your favorite fruit or which one's do you favor or even like fruit?

2) are you a rule breaker or keeper?

3) when was the last time you sat on a park bench for ten minutes or so and would you like to describe the situation?

Can you please help me tag
Hmmm, i think i need an evening café. lately - especially if i don’t get notified of the tag or tags - i always seem to find out when i’m doing ssomething esle like seeing someone about medicare or something. but here i am now and thanks Lane for the café and the tag and also thanks @Innocent Forever for the tag.

now here goes with the questions. hoping they are not trick questions.
i’m guessing that this: “(Who makes these up? Ha)” is a bonus question. i don’t know who but i’ll play it safe by taking credit for all the good something or other days. that satiisfies the problem quite nicely i think.

1) what's your favorite fruit or which one's do you favor or even like fruit? yes of course i do like apricots and when i do it is just about as much as my favorite fruits but the problem with apricots is when they are good, they are very very good but when they are bad they are horrid! so that unfortunately disqualifies them from being a favorite. good granny smith apples are a favorite but only when they meet certian criteria. they have to be smallish. the bigger ones are too difficult to eat and tend to be not as tasty. they also need - very important - to have a nice overall speckling. some grannies have no speckles at all and must be rejected. and of course nowadays most fruits are stored for 3 and a half years at 33º in something like a BJ’s warehouse in huge quantities causing small bruises all over that is not good and the unnatural storage gives them a rubbery texture that is not nice. another favorite fruit is the red plum. these may be extinct. they were everyday when i was a kid and they are so delicious its worth the “negatives” that come after eating a whole bag full. i really miss that fruit. watermelon is a summertime necessity so favoriteness applies but only in the summer. now the big winner which is my absolute favorite by a long shot (also suffers from the BJ’s syndrome and also being harvested according to the sellers greed for money rather than wanting to offer the best fruit at the best stage of its life. and this fruit on occasion does appear in its most delicious form but not often. this fruit is of course the pomegranate.

2) are you a rule breaker or keeper? i am a rule breaker. i also fear breaking rules. i’m afraid of punishment, retaliation and the like. but they once upon a time said “be true to yourself” and do the things you love/really want” and for me that always ends up with me needing to break the rules and then i also end up suffering for it because everyone does one or more of the following: rolling their eyes! ignoring me! patronizingly make stupid comments and more.

3) when was the last time you sat on a park bench for ten minutes or so and would you like to describe the situation? i am going to have to ask permission now to interpret this question into considering a park bench and sitting on it for 10 or so minutes into a park path and walking on it for a couple hours. the two are really similar, right? but i don’t want to break any rules. well, here goes now that i’ve decided that i have that requested permission. the last time i walked on a park path was the day before yesterday. the situation was that i needed to walk. i’ve been trying be “healthy” and walking is the kind of exercise i love the most. well its the only exercise i love. and this walk reminded me of another walk quite the same a couple days before and it is what happened the couple days before that i will relate now. it being winter there are no leaves on the trees generally speaking so it is easy to see through the forest that this park is. there was a couple walking up ahead of me and suddenly a hawk swooped down fairly close in front of them and a little further catching a small animal. this hawk lives in this forest and i’ve seen it before. it also frequents the neighborhood where i live and i think it raised a family at the post office across the street a few years ago. so the three of us (2 humans and one extraterrrestrial) stayed there and watched in awe. hawks are very fascinating birds and also birds that one would not think of as living in a city such as new york. so i was really quite enriched by having experienced this. i really know now that i’m living on a planet that has life.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for the tags @Lane & @Kiwi2016 & for opening the cafe Lane :) Lol no idea about who comes up w/ the national whatever day things but it's kind of cool that every day of the year is a national day of something.

1) what's your favorite fruit or which one's do you favor or even like fruit?
I like most fruit yup. Blueberries especially. Strawberries are good too but the seeds kinda bug me. Oh and cherries, love those.

2) are you a rule breaker or keeper?

Keeper most of the time, rather try to keep the peace whenever possible. There's exceptions though of course :p

3) when was the last time you sat on a park bench for ten minutes or so and would you like to describe the situation?

Last summer, just had a lot on my mind and felt so down & hopeless about things, can't really remember what it was about exactly. I think it was a combination of things. I like it there cos there's a pond that has cute lil ducks & I enjoy watching them swim around or sleep or w/e they are doing. I don't know if I even ended up sitting there 10 mins or not though cos some guy was trying to talk to me about some crazy theories about things or w/e & I just did not feel like talking at all so I finally got up & left.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Hmmm, i think i need an evening café. lately - especially if i don’t get notified of the tag or tags - i always seem to find out when i’m doing ssomething esle like seeing someone about medicare or something. but here i am now and thanks Lane for the café and the tag and also thanks @Innocent Forever for the tag.

now here goes with the questions. hoping they are not trick questions.
i’m guessing that this: “(Who makes these up? Ha)” is a bonus question. i don’t know who but i’ll play it safe by taking credit for all the good something or other days. that satiisfies the problem quite nicely i think.

1) what's your favorite fruit or which one's do you favor or even like fruit? yes of course i do like apricots and when i do it is just about as much as my favorite fruits but the problem with apricots is when they are good, they are very very good but when they are bad they are horrid! so that unfortunately disqualifies them from being a favorite. good granny smith apples are a favorite but only when they meet certian criteria. they have to be smallish. the bigger ones are too difficult to eat and tend to be not as tasty. they also need - very important - to have a nice overall speckling. some grannies have no speckles at all and must be rejected. and of course nowadays most fruits are stored for 3 and a half years at 33º in something like a BJ’s warehouse in huge quantities causing small bruises all over that is not good and the unnatural storage gives them a rubbery texture that is not nice. another favorite fruit is the red plum. these may be extinct. they were everyday when i was a kid and they are so delicious its worth the “negatives” that come after eating a whole bag full. i really miss that fruit. watermelon is a summertime necessity so favoriteness applies but only in the summer. now the big winner which is my absolute favorite by a long shot (also suffers from the BJ’s syndrome and also being harvested according to the sellers greed for money rather than wanting to offer the best fruit at the best stage of its life. and this fruit on occasion does appear in its most delicious form but not often. this fruit is of course the pomegranate.

2) are you a rule breaker or keeper? i am a rule breaker. i also fear breaking rules. i’m afraid of punishment, retaliation and the like. but they once upon a time said “be true to yourself” and do the things you love/really want” and for me that always ends up with me needing to break the rules and then i also end up suffering for it because everyone does one or more of the following: rolling their eyes! ignoring me! patronizingly make stupid comments and more.

3) when was the last time you sat on a park bench for ten minutes or so and would you like to describe the situation? i am going to have to ask permission now to interpret this question into considering a park bench and sitting on it for 10 or so minutes into a park path and walking on it for a couple hours. the two are really similar, right? but i don’t want to break any rules. well, here goes now that i’ve decided that i have that requested permission. the last time i walked on a park path was the day before yesterday. the situation was that i needed to walk. i’ve been trying be “healthy” and walking is the kind of exercise i love the most. well its the only exercise i love. and this walk reminded me of another walk quite the same a couple days before and it is what happened the couple days before that i will relate now. it being winter there are no leaves on the trees generally speaking so it is easy to see through the forest that this park is. there was a couple walking up ahead of me and suddenly a hawk swooped down fairly close in front of them and a little further catching a small animal. this hawk lives in this forest and i’ve seen it before. it also frequents the neighborhood where i live and i think it raised a family at the post office across the street a few years ago. so the three of us (2 humans and one extraterrrestrial) stayed there and watched in awe. hawks are very fascinating birds and also birds that one would not think of as living in a city such as new york. so i was really quite enriched by having experienced this. i really know now that i’m living on a planet that has life.
We would never roll our eyes at your rule breaking, but hold hands and form a circle around you.

Luv the hawk story! There are nests of AMerican eagles here an we spot them sometimes. I also would enjoy seeing them as I drove on the turnpike with my own "eagle eye". Thanks for educating me on the commercialization of fruit. I will make it a point to frequent the farmer's markets more and enjoy!

I think of your advice to me often. It's simple and can be applied anywhere, anytime, "have fun". You are wise my friend. *grouphug*hugtackles

cymbele

SF Supporter
1) what's your favorite fruit or which one's do you favor or even like fruit? I like most fruit; pineapple is my least favorite.

2) are you a rule breaker or keeper? rule breaker. I tend to get myself in trouble because of this; no arrests or anything so a small rule breaker. I just do what I think is appropriate and I haven't really been in trouble. Does this mean I a really a rule keeper?

Last year at a SF meetup in NYC at the end of the day we ended up at Central Park for about a half hour sitting on a rock (of course outside the prescribed limits but who cares? ) It was fun to sit and talk and just rest in the company of good friends.
Usually when I am hiking it is a more of a point to get to point A and while I usually enjoy a few glimpses of views it still doesn't detract me from finishing the hike. I stop to take pictures but it usually isn't that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00