Jim's cafe July 2015

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Petal, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Our June cafe did not get much replies, let's keep Jim's cafe going and Jim close to your heart <3

Who has any holidays planned for the summer?
    Are there any goals you want to achieve this month?

I have a holiday booked for next month and I want to lose a stone before it! I believe I can do it. I'm 6lbs down this week already :)

*shares chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate* :)

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Thank you for opening the month, Petal!

I am getting stuff situated for my 2 year break, and working my way into development. I am trying to 'marry' paralegal studies, and computers, somehow. lol

Jim is sorely missed. Wish we could get an update of Zoomies. We'll see how things develop this month. Hopefully it will be a month of surprises!

Tommy Tom says Heyroo!

-J

3. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

4th of July holiday is here and I don't have to work this weekend. Just lounging around this am before grocery shopping and yard work. I get to go kayaking this weekend also.

I didn't know Jim but I know I like hearing about other people's lives. I feel I really know the people in the forum through these threads.

Have a good weekend SF.

4. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the summer break, although it's entirely toooo hot! It'll be almost 100 tomorrow for the 4th of July.
    The family and I are getting ready for tomorrow since we're hosting a celebration, I made a peach cobbler and later I'll be making some homemade ice cream to go with it. Tomorrow should be a fun day, fireworks are always so gorgeous.
    I'm also planning my cross country road trip for next month. I'm bringing my car to college for next year, but that means I'm going to be driving it 2800 miles to get it there. And road trips need substantial planning! Not to mention I've never gone on one this long before.

5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Happy 4th of July tomorrow everybody! :usa::eek:

6. Petal

To all my American friends, happy 4th of July :hugs: :grouphug1:

7. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Am not a fan of July 4th. I live in an unincorporated part of the county and fireworks are legal. It gets very loud! And it has been very hot and dry lately. May hit 100 degrees tomorrow. So fire danger is extreme. But moron neighbors will still shoot the damn stuff off. I find the remains on my roof and in my yard every year. So I will water the lawn a lot today and hose the roof down. Then keep hoses ready all night in case they are needed. I have lived here for years and done just fine, but still need to take precautions.

8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I love fireworks, but hate the noise lol. This is my second favorite holiday, next to Halloween. :kool:

9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

USA! Women's soccer trumped Japan! Payback!

10. Null

Null Well-Known Member

11. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

1 week until I take up an ambitious set of projects. I will start learning PHP and C#, plus a smidgeon of Spanish. It all will take time to get used to. Idle hands are the devil's plaything.

So that is what I am doing.

Doing well right now. Love the fireworks pics Anthony!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  12. Mr Stewart

Wow neat! Really like the streaky effect. :eek:

13. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

14. Mr Stewart

morning coffee forums,

day off today. breakfast toast is toasting. One or both of my pictus gecko females has/have been laying infertile eggs this month. That's a new one for me, although I did know that female geckos will sometimes do this. Pretty large eggs for small little lizards. Maybe a little bit bigger in diameter than a penny.

15. DrownedFishOnFire

Mmm. Eggs. Are lizard eggs edible to humankind? Just imagining a world of humans and lizzards being left on earth besides cockroaches and all other spieces being wiped out.

16. Null

Null Well-Known Member

Just woke up in a funk today. It might have been Stewart's fault, he was clanking his bowls all morning. What a naughty bunny!!

17. Mr Stewart

Probably? Unfertilized eggs are all pretty much the same... right? Would take a whole lot of eggs to make an omelette though. ;)

:rolleyes:

18. Petal

I had a pretty good day, got my disability, bought some things I badly needed. Bought my mom a present which she loved, have no anxiety today, its a weird feeling, but hey ho im not complaining.

19. DrownedFishOnFire

lol about eggs. Quail eggs are about the same size ? and people pay good penny for them

For today. Sick sick sick. Got sinusitis I think. Miserable

20. DrownedFishOnFire

Go away germs, go bother those ISIS members instead! Sick of being sick literally. Going to work anyways can't afford a sick day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.