Welcome one and all to Jim's Café, the sanctuary for the long suffering sane from the madness of the modern world.
Hi all. I happened to wander in here and felt like making a Cafe. Please one and all, enjoy!
As ever we have Cafe music, some fun facts, 3 tables with differing subjects to choose from, a bar for the less chatty, and a recruitment table for us to try to keep Jim's Cafe open for business.
Do what you like, ignore the rest ^^ (also good life advice every once in a while)
A little harder than my usual Jazz cafe music (10 points if you can guess whose influence this is)
1) Blue is the rarest colour in nature
2) Our eyes are most sensitive to the colour green because of how common it is in nature, which is why the video colour encoding format YCbCr was created (an alternative to RGB) which uses the intensity of the colour Green as the brightness value as well.
3) The English language didnt have a word for "Orange" until 1512, which is why so many orange coloured thing have "red" in their name. Robin Red-Breast, Red Squirrels, Red Deer, Redheads ... We had to borrow the word from the fruit after we began importing it.
4) Ventablack is the blackest pigment available today, but its use is entirely restricted to artist Anish Kapoor (who secured sole rights to its use in Art). However, it is extremely expensive to apply Ventablack, so as revenge by the art world, when a cheap alternative was created, which is almost as dark, (currently called "Black 3.0") the creators opened it for the entire world to use, except for Anish Kapoor.
Its coming to summer in the Northern Hemisphere, and damn its a hot one where I am...
1) What do you do to fight the heat?
2) Di you like it hot or are you more of a winter chill person?
3) What's your best summer memory? From grand holidays to a cool beer in the shade?
4) What is your favourite summer activity?
Because im kind of down a road here with the Fun Facts now...
1) Whats your favourite colour?
2) What is the colour you like to wear the most?
3) Whats the colour scheme where you live?
4) What is your favourite combination of colours?
Its Pride Month again, and Im often "bah humbug" about them getting a whole month, but I figure its time to show support
1) What flavour of LGBT(or not) are you? (Gay, Straight, Bisexual, Pansexual, Demi-sexual, Asexual, Trans etc)
2) Have you ever watched or participated in a Pride event?
3) Do you know anyone actively against the LGBT community? How do you deal with them?
4) What Pro LGBT features have appeared near you? (Rainbow crossings and pride flags dotted about are a thing here)
5) Have you ever been to a gay/lesbian/etc bar, how was it?
Welcome to the bar.
1) Say Hi
2) Order your drink
3) Explain your choice
Jim's Cafe is fun to answer, EASY to write, and a valuable lighter side to SF. If you have any light hearted topic, open a cafe and ask questions about it, or tell a story or whatever. If you have read this far you have the perseverance needed to make a cafe of your very own! (No judgement, no standards to meet, just start a conversation!)
You can do it! And don't forget to encourage others in your thread