Jim's Cafe June 2015

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Mr Stewart, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

June! Warm months have arrived and I am pleased. I work outdoors so the milder temperatures are muchly appreciated by me especially.

Happy June coffee forums! :kool:

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It ain't warm here lol feels like november, chilly. Went to unslim today, down 1/2lb, the scales were wrong, have to be seriously. Other than that I have no news for the cafe but I do hope everyone finds the month of June enjoyable :)

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HOt here too hot to do much gardening but did a little bit hope all have a good day

4. Petal

Good morning cafe.

Not sure what I am doing today but it will be a fun day, I'm in a good mood, waiting for jeremy kyle to come on tv lol.

Have a great day all :)

5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Cold rainy weather of the last 3 days is supposed to be gone today and be replaced with beautiful late spring early summer sun and temps. Hopefully the rain followed by sun will get the garden growing soon.

Hope all have a good day!

6. Mr Stewart

Good afternoon and evening to coffee forums,

Okay day was had by me. Was briefly mad at the neighbours when I came home today as they had parked a truck across the driveway where I park my car. Guy ran out real quick and moved it when he saw me though, so that was fine. Taking some time off work starting the Monday after next and very much looking forward to that. I am near burnout.

7. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Goofing off today. I say "goofing off" because I am not working on work stuff today but mowing lawn which is enough of a workout for me nowadays. Got burnt out from work last weekend. Thinking I am so out of shape I should not go on a long moderate hike in two weeks but I really want to go as I have not gone on any hikes this year. Haven't done much of anything but work. This weekend I have housework to do.
    Have a good weekend SF

8. Mr Stewart

Ack! My coffee grinder kicked the bucket yesterday. Turned it on, squealing noise, that's not good, turn it off, burning smell, also not good. Oh and hey that looks like smoke coming out the back of it. :confused:

I ordered a replacement which should arrive next week. A manual one this time. I don't need an electric really, waste of money.

9. Mr Stewart

Holy crap it's hot today! 31 C/ 88 F. This is too much for my Canadian sensibilities. :kool:

Hope everyone is doing well.

10. Mr Stewart

Have a good weekend, SF. :)

11. Petal

You too hun, have a great weekend everyone :hugs:

12. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Chicago Blackhawks!

13. Mr Stewart

Good morning everybody,

I'm taking some vacation time off from work this week. The plan is to catch up on sleep and get around to odds and ends of cleaning around the apartment I have neglected. Meeting mom for lunch today at a German deli. Older sister is coming too. She's getting married this summer. Very happy for her.

14. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

LTNS everyone. Biology class is getting rounded up, and finals are next week. Looking forward to the break. I will be taking 1 year off of school after finals to pursue other interests. I am going to start working on programming, since my mother feels that going to school is a bad option, since it will show I am doing better... The voices are mostly just chatter. It's kind of insane. I am doing better, and want to work. My mom wants me on it for at least 3 more years, so one of my sons can no longer take child support from me.

Anyway, I am wanting to more forward. I want to get another place to live, so I don't have to depend on my parents all the time. I hate depending on them. I think I will be OK driving. I am stable on meds.I have had my citalopram (Celexa) switched to duloxetine (Cymbalta), and the switch has done well. That's the only thing that helped get through the first six months of this year.

Cheers to the Chicago Blackhawks as the winners of the Stanley Cup in 2015! I wanted the last game, and they gave it all the heart and soul a team could.
    Additional cheers to the Golden State Warriors for winning the NBA Finals, and clinching a well deserved victory that has not been had since the 1970's!

Stewart, I hope you have a nice lunch, and rejoice in the well wishes that come with a sibling's marriage!

Ta to all!

Tommy Tom says Heyroo!

15. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

well rain storms start again thunder here now Hope all have a good weekend as well take care

16. Mr Stewart

Looks like thunder storm blowing in here too right now. I went to the local park sort of behind the children's hospital in my city for a walk and to take some pictures yesterday. It is sort of secluded from the surroundings roads and has a small lake so the local water fowl use it every year to breed. There were Canadian geese kids (couple months old now) and I think three different kinds of ducks. All still following their mothers around in a line. :p

17. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Awwww... I love geese! They are mean when confronted tho, if you plan on messing with their brood! I have learned to steer clear!

I finished my lab last night, so Sunday I will be working on getting ready for the final in my Bio class, and then a year off! w000t! I will start on my programming and Spanish venture in a few weeks. Need at least 2 weeks rest.

18. Mr Stewart

Ha! They're friendly to me because I bribe them with bread crumbs and seed. ;) Congrats on finishing up the schoolwork for the year, lightbeam!

19. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Days went by in a blur. Work. Less and less vocabulary is coming out of me those days.

20. Null

Null Well-Known Member

I have an appointment on Friday. Feeling kind of nervous because its out of town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.