Jim's Cafe March 8, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somebody Else

Hello! This is my first time for opening the cafe. I got this idea while watching BTS Bon Voyage Season 3 Episode 3. They wrote letter for themselves and I found it very touching. So if there's something you want to say about your future self you can share it here if

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Hey @Somebody Else thank you for opening the cafe today! β˜•

I guess there's a plethora of things I would say to my future self but I think the major thing I'd say to myself (& to sum it up) is do your best, keep calm, go with the flow within reason & know the lesson in mistakes & bad times & never ever forget to appreciate the little things, "stop & smell the flowers". It's kind of what I go by now but I can't be entirely sure if my rhetoric will change in the future, but I'm hoping I can keep it rational for a more positive outlook throughout.

I hope everyone has an astounding day; thanks again for the cafe fun! 🌸

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi Enzo, good job opening the cafe.
Nothing to say to future me, I'm sure I'm a piece of shit in the future also.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Cool, thanks for opening the cafe today @Somebody Else :) I will tag some people too: @MisterBGone @Autumn1973 @1964dodge @Ash600 @Lane @Kiwi2016 @Champagne @Road to Nowhere
PS - Omg that's SO not true Walker, no way! :o You're great so I think both your present and future self needs to know that and that you are a very valuable, awesome, wonderful, caring, kind and good person who is a very important part of this world :) *hug*hug

These are some of the things I'd want my future self to read :)

51YQitc+9AL.jpg
notetoself.png
strongenough.png
neverforget.png

Evael

Dear future Evael,

Stop trying the same path over and over, expecting different results each time. Stop trying to pretend everything will magically improve in time. You have the power, you can change it, all you need to do is change and improve.

Keep changing and keep improving but never, ever stay in the same position for long. Always go further. Always strive to be the best you can be; never regress and forsake all the progress you've made. Keep going forwards.

Eventually, everything will improve. Not magically; instead, it will improve because you made it improve. You will change yourself and, in turn, change the world around you.

If you find yourself needing inspiration again, always remember this:

Keep changing, keep improving. Never stay in the same place for long - every stop is only a pause before you once again move on and aim higher. Never regress. Eventually, everything you've aimed for will come true, then you can aim higher still. Always change. Always improve.

A_J_R

I have thought about this question all day. I'm not sure what I would say, still.

But I guess I would tell myself to keep an open heart, to not be afraid and maybe I'd quote Madonna here and just say:

Many miles, many roads I have traveled
Fallen down on the way
Many hearts, many years have unraveled
Leading up to today
I have no regrets
There's nothing to forget
All the pain was worth it
Not running from the past
I tried to do what's best
I know that I deserve it

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am
No you're not. Please don't think of yourself that way. You rock! You're on this site helping so many people feel better about themselves. You care about others. That's not the kind of person who should ever be considered a piece of shit. *hug

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Untrue. :mad: Obviously not meaning to undermine your state of mind but you are not a sh*t person in any sense.

I know you ain't fishing for compliments here...that's not who you are. So I'm very, very sad to hear you feel this way. A piece of sh*t? Nah, that is not the man I know and have respect and gratitude for. There was one specific issue you helped me with a lot *think back to what I was going through re: guys in dinosaur years ago* YOU made me realise I was being a tad unrealistic in my thinking from what life was like then to what it is now, every time I think of it now, a sentence you said pops into my mind and I forget about it. Its a non issue, you supported me and for that I'm very grateful.

I genuinely think you are very sincere, genuine, know you are an amazing person and I don't know exactly what is going on for you at the moment but please just believe me when I say you have helped so many people here, you made a difference and shared your own experiences to help others. I know you have been through beyond what I would consider tough times, you were there for us now we are here for you. I mean that with all my heart.

Sending you sincere hugs and hope and a glimmer of hope. You're great!!!! @Walker βœ¨πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Cool, thanks for opening the cafe today @Somebody Else :) I will tag some people too: @MisterBGone @Autumn1973 @1964dodge @Ash600 @Lane @Kiwi2016 @Champagne @Road to Nowhere
PS - Omg that's SO not true Walker, no way! :o You're great so I think both your present and future self needs to know that and that you are a very valuable, awesome, wonderful, caring, kind and good person who is a very important part of this world :)*hug*hug

These are some of the things I'd want my future self to read :)

View attachment 43357
View attachment 43359
View attachment 43360
View attachment 43361
Thank you for tag @JMG and opening Cafe @Somebody Else . I'd tell my future self to try to be happy and not so hard on yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00