Jim's cafe May 2015

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Petal, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I thought someone would have started it by now so I'll start!

I am suffering today with anxiety, it's generalized and not about anything specific, I have medications though so I will be fine :)

Mom is just gone to the diner to get food for me, a BLT with a side salad and fries, yummy!!

Cannot believe it is May already, this year is going crazy fast. My niece's 10th birthday is this month , she wants a fish lava lamp, it's really cool, I'm getting that for her and her mom is getting her a bike and of course we will have surprises for her. She my only niece and I have no nephews so she will be spoiled rotten lol

Plans for this month anyone?

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I could do with a BLT and fries right now :heh:

Happy early birthday for your niece, hope she has the most wonderful birthday!

My plans are exams, exams, exams for this month... :D

Hope everyone is well :hug:

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Heh, was too chicken to start a thread and make a mistake.

Happy First of May to all.

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey all! Hard to believe it's May already!

5. Petal

Here's a scary thought, in 16 weeks the christmas stuff will be in the shops haha

I'm glad the year is flying though, cannot wait to go to college.

6. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hello to the month of May.

Plans? I do have one. I have a spare 20 gallon aquarium tank that is empty and therefore needs an inhabitant. And I have been researching off and on in past months for something appropriate. I thought about garter snakes or steppe runner lizards or fire belly toads or dart frogs. Eventually I decided on a frog. A pacman frog (ceratophrys cranwelli). So plan is to get tank ready for new froggy and then go to reptile shop to retrieve the froggy.

7. DrownedFishOnFire

I had a pacman frog. He was cool to keep. I also kept firebelly toads. I ended up giving them away because I had 2 ferrets that was getting into everything. they had free rein of my bedroom. No where else to keep toads safe from other pets in house as I had a fat cat that had uncanny ability to break lids. Lol.

8. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

I dont have any particular plan this month. but it's my sister's birthday this 23rd so I am thinking what will I get for her.. :)

9. Petal

That is the same day as my niece's birthday =) How old will your sister be? and is she into girly things?

10. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Hey all. Been gone for a while.
    I'm not feeling good at all. The meds I've been taking since last month aren't working at all - in fact, I occasionally forget to take them and I see no difference at all. I know they're supposed to take a while to work, but I don't think these will work for me at all.
    My next appointment with the psychiatrist is next Friday, so I guess I'll just tell him all that and see what we can do.
    No plans for May. I honestly can't even bring myself to care about that month. I just want it to be over, because I don't think it'll be anything other than hell - just like these past months. But... let's wait and see.
    Hope you're doing better.

11. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Even though I'm not suicidal lately I'm amazed that I am alive and grateful that things are going ok. I never thought I'd make it this long. As for plans for May I would want to get back into exercising and doing things outside of work (I had a 50 hour work week and more to come). I hope to go to Pa to see my far away friend on Memorial Day weekend but fear I will be stuck working. O well. I have a job.

12. Mr Stewart

Ha! :D

13. Mr Stewart

Yeah it takes time to work out the med situation at first. Hopefully you and pdoc can figure something out, maybe change med(s), adjust dosages, get going with a plan that works. Don't despair. When you hit on the right med it really does help.

14. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

School School School is what my May is like.

Need to read four chapters in my bio book and do my lab practical next week. It's gonna be nuts!

I hope I am able to do well!

I'm glad to see you all now!

15. Petal

Slept approx 12 hours, woke at around 3am, feeling really great :)

I spent all night chatting in the chat room, it's great to see that others are doing well now.

Have a nice weekend all :)

16. DrownedFishOnFire

Weekend came and went its monday! Yikes. Now looking foward to thursday for my next day off.

17. DrownedFishOnFire

Think going through withdrawal effect from fake sugar. Didn't drink diet pop the last 16 hours.

18. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Hey.
    I went through an EEG today. It was... interesting, to say the least. Results will come out next Thursday probably and I'll have an appointment with the psychiatrist on Friday. I really hope nothing weird comes out of this exam.
    Pills still aren't working, but I kinda gave up on that already. Went to the university just to come back few minutes later almost dying from an anxiety attack. I'm probably never going to graduate. Which is good.

19. Petal

This is a very real condition. It was added to the DSM manual last year I think. What I do is take caffeine tablets spread out until the withdrawal ends. It causes weakness and severe unbearable headaches.

20. DrownedFishOnFire

Yikes! I'm just drank a 24oz diet Pepsi into 38 hours of going without pop and feeling tons better! Will look into that before I go cold turkey again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.