Jim's cafe Monday 16th November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome to the classy cafe! The kettle is on, there's some choccie buns, c'mon in and let's chat and have a laugh and have fun answering the questions!!! Get to know others a little better. Sharing is caring *grouphug2

This song will cheer you up, its a trance classic!!! A feel good song from Heaven ;)

Have you ever eaten in a Michelin/ high end restaurant? IF yes or no, would you feel comfortable paying those kind of prices for food or is it worth it?

Where did you meet your partner? Details... ;)

What are your go-to sites online? Do you recommend any good ones for us?

When was your last holiday? Where did you go?

Who is ''iconic'' to you? Why?

Have a wonderful week everyone and remember we're all here for each other through good and bad times!! You're never alone. Remember to smile and hope that starts a good trend for the week!!

Last edited:

Blue Star

Where did you meet your partner? Details... ;) I am single.

What are your go-to sites online? Do you recommend any good ones for us? I highly recommend YouTube. Lol sorry.

When was your last holiday? Where did you go? I haven't worked in years. Everyday is a holiday for me.

Who is ''iconic'' to you? Why? Marlon Brando. Kobe Bryant. Audrey Hepburn. Michael Jordan. These people are bigger than life.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Have you ever eaten in a Michelin/ high end restaurant? IF yes or no, would you feel comfortable paying those kind of prices for food or is it worth it?
No, but it would be interesting for sure.

Never been asked out. haha

Mostly just go here, Facebook, and YouTube.

Not sure if I've been on a proper holiday before.

All of my friends because they're great in their own ways.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening @Champagne *hug

I was given a champagne meal for two at The Ritz in London. It was an incredible experience and the food was to die for. I've no idea how much it cost but lovely as it was I'm not sure it was worth however much they would have paid for it. But as I wasn't paying I can't complain lol.

Where did you meet your partner? Details...
School when I was 16. But it's a bit of a sensitive topic right now.

There are other sites apart from SF???
I've recently discovered Etsy and I'm addicted.

We had a few days away in Ilfracombe in Devon back in September. The last proper holiday was September 2019, we had a week on Zakynthos in Greece.

Robert Smith, Kurt Cobain, Thom Yorke and the Queen.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter

Not yet, doubt I would want to pay.

Where did you meet your partner? Details... ;) Not really a partner but a sort of friend with common interests and hooking up. We met by mutual acquaintances.

What are your go-to sites online? Do you recommend any good ones for us? Here, YouTube, Facebook at times, a couple of astronomy forums, a couple of weapons forums and some online libraries which are free.

When was your last holiday? Where did you go? Labor Day, went nowhere just relaxed.

Who is ''iconic'' to you? Why? Al Bundy, for obvious reasons. Johnny Cash because he is one of my favorite entertainers. Bishnu Shrestha, a Gurkha riding a train about 10 years ago when 40 bandits decided to rob it. When they tried to rape a girl next to him he attacked them with his kukri knife, the knife associated with Gurkhas. He fought all 40 of them for 20 minutes, killed 3 wounded 8 and set the other 29 to fleeing him. I believe they realized he still had them outnumbered and overmatched.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Q: Have you ever eaten in a Michelin/ high end restaurant? IF yes or no, would you feel comfortable paying those kind of prices for food or is it worth it?
A: I think I have eaten at a high end restaurant, it was my rich aunt's treat (she brought the family) it was OK, but the food was almost more about being "great food" than being "food". I remember so much of it was bullshit presentation and very little of it was actually the tasty stuff. I left unsatisfied, both because the portions were too small and they tried so hard to make the meal interesting that they failed to make it (in my opinion) appetising.

Q: Where did you meet your partner? Details... ;)
A: Surely you jest, as if any woman would stoop to being with me, and even if they did I would never be able to get past my crippling fear of attachment. (The second someone IS interested I am terrified that she will be more interested than me and she will move things too fast and it will all go horribly wrong).

Q: What are your go-to sites online? Do you recommend any good ones for us?
A: I am sure I had a few a while ago, but things have sort of got crazy lately, and ignoring obvious things like Suicide Forum, Reddit and others, SO many of these are just dragged up from my "WTF" pile... in decreasing order of sense:
https://www.ted.com/
https://xkcd.com/
https://what-if.xkcd.com/
https://www.findanyfilm.com/
https://twitter.com/Jimllpaintit?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author (He has a tumbler page for this, but stopped updating it a while ago)
https://www.watching-grass-grow.com/
https://theuselessweb.com/
I REALLY need to find better websites...

Q: When was your last holiday? Where did you go?
A: THAT was a long ass fucking time ago... its been maybe 2-3 years now, and it was to Norway. I think it was timed for my Mum's wedding to the guy no one in the entire extended family can stand (we cant stand HER anymore either)
We went hiking, took in the sites, visited family, it was great, except for the wedding, we REALLY dont like that guy, and since marrying him she has turned into a MASSIVE pain, if she isnt reading the bible she is talking your ear off about every conspiracy theory that requires an IQ of 50 or less to believe.

Q: Who is ''iconic'' to you? Why?
A: Patrick Stuart, Nathan FIllion, Sean Connery, The Queen... and as for why, its hard to say, I suppose because they are relatively famous people that I look up to.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for the tag @Champagne & for opening the cafe :) I have answers to most of the q's except the first one, it is just too painful for me to even so much as think about that subject right now (and maybe forever, it's extremely uncertain to say the least). Hope you and everyone else have a nice day though! :)

I've eaten in some pretty nice restaurants sometimes but not very often. If I was paying then I'd prefer to go somewhere that was a lot cheaper for sure.

Aside from here, I go to yahoo every day, and facebook of course lol. These are some others I check out pretty often but not "every" day, I highly recommend them all if you like coloring, shopping, beautiful pictures and art.
www.colourlovers.com
www.etsy.com (I shop here sometimes)
www.ebay.com
www.fineartamerica.com
www.deviantart.com

Quite a long time ago, maybe in 2005 was where I "packed" to go somewhere and that was not only to another country, but another continent. Went to Spain for a couple weeks.

A couple people, one famous & a couple non-famous. The famous person I never met of course but they are iconic to me in a LOT of ways because I find them endlessly fascinating, amazing and perfect. Their acting, their voice, how they look, everything it is all just very great & I admire and love them very much. I'm sure it's obvious who I'm talking about lol, yes, Mark Hamill. He is just very awesome to me :) ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

The other 2 people are my uncle who I haven't seen for 15 years (in 2005) because he's the one I had by far the deepest intellectual connection with of anyone I ever met in my life.

The other person is my real life friend because without him I maybe never woulda given Star Wars a chance and realized it's one of the best things ever :) Also cos I admire how self-sustained he's able to be and I hope I can be like that one day as well.

Dots

Misknown Member

No, not Michelin. High end.. depends on what you consider high end. I've eaten in higher priced restaurants abroad and here. A beautiful French restaurant here...

I used to think my fiancé was snobby for his taste in what I considered overpriced crumbs...

Until I gave them a chance. It's so intriguing how good food can come in such small packages yet be so flavorful and full of deeper delectable layers.

I had a chicken liver pate and I didn't know what to expect. When they brought it out it was about a tablespoon of the pate and 3 measly crackers and 3 measly pickle slices.

I was underwhelmed at the portion sizes.

But... together, the flavors... were exquisite. Interesting, amusing.. they took you on a journey. And I didn't want for more. And lets just say I talked about it (exactly in this manner) for days after.

So yes... it's worth it. But not all of them are.

p.s. and not worth it for the people that have to listen to me

An app and then in-person abroad.

umm.... amazon prime... recommended if you can live with the fact you're funding a corporate monster.

Pinterest... unlike the rest of social media, so I approve. It's basically like scrapbooking your interests & discovering new ones.

When was your last holiday? Where did you go? Halloween? Lol. No it was about 3 years ago now on the coast of Spain.

I don't know. I tend to think it's a bad idea to put people up on a pedestal, but there are some people I really respect for their talents; literature, poetry, satire, music, art, philosophy, ideologies, passion: Georgia O'Keefe, Frida, Salvador Dali, Poe, Milton, Plath, Maria Popova, Jeanette Winterson, Pollock (only in some ways), Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, Descartes, Rousseau, Edward Said.

The list goes on and on.

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Well hello everybody, & thanks a bunch for opening & tagging me @Champagne! 🥂 I've had a very very exhausting week so I have to apologize for missing a few of the tags this week 😬 I hope everyone has been well & safe..

No never, I think it would be worth a try at least once but on a regular basis?? I couldn't imagine the prices built up resulting.

Actually a long story. We had mutual friends we kinda would end up hanging out with around the same time. My partner & my 'friend' were very close & we were kind of seeing each other at the time but the guy kept ghosting me so it never really seemed official. My partner thought it was bullshit & admitted to having a crush on me to everyone in our friends house except me. It took me off guard because I started feeling the same way & they told me thinking I'd think he was a freak or something, they really tried to not get us together after the 'friend' threw a hussy fit about our feelings. The day we got together was pretty wholesome, at first we were sitting apart & somehow ended up close together. A few hours passed of watching movies at our friends & he eventually grabbed my hand. My heart definitely skipped a beat there, there's a lot that happened that day. But later on after talking it turns out we encountered each other at a local Metal show before hand & he remembered me & even detailed what I was wearing & me being concerned about my friend. It was a packed basement.. moshing going on, very tightly packed, even people smoking a lot of whacky tobaccy; just a cluster, & I had to constantly check on my friend who was overwhelmed by it all (it was her first ever metal show). I guess it's a small world, sometimes for good reason 👫

Nothing too crazy. YouTube, pinterest, spotify... nothing too out of the ordinary. However a fun site to go to for a bit of a chuckle would be the Hard Times. Kinda a jokey punk rock- esqe site. At one point I found a trippy site that stuck out, a guy called Ben Wheelers more artsy ideas. I don't even know how I found it haha. I used to find some of the most ridiculous sites as a teen now it's a rare occasion to stumble upon them.

I haven't been anywhere outside of state since last summer. My boyfriend & I went to see a band in Spokane, just a day trip.

So many people. Bob Ross, Steve Irwin, Carl Sagan, Henry Rollins, Patti Smith, Phil Lynott... so many. I also agree with @Sunspots here. Those are very iconic people. I hold a very dear place in my heart for the Cure & Robert works especially 🙏

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
@Champagne hi! Made it here early, comparatively! Very thank you for the invite!😊
🤔Q's!

Have you ever eaten in a Michelin/ high end restaurant? IF yes or no, would you feel comfortable paying those kind of prices for food or is it worth it? Windows On the World in the 70s. My father's cousin's family was visiting from california and my father wanted to impress them. He actually frightened them. A few years later it came back to haunt me. It was all about the money and how my cousin in law calculated that I was an insane big spender just like my dad and that I was ok with spending her money. Well, that's a whole nother story. But I'll save it for another time.

Where did you meet your partner? Details... ;)On a street corner in queens. I was in my car!
...Oh yeah, you want details. We arranged to meet there. A woman friend of my father was coaching her with English (she comes from a far off land where they speak a different language) and asked if I'd be interested in meeting her. I said yes. I guess you could call this a blind date.

What are your go-to sites online? Do you recommend any good ones for us? Well, there's a site I affectionately call SF. The others I'm not so excited about - at least, not to recommend.

When was your last holiday? Where did you go? Not sure I recall.

Who is ''iconic'' to you? Why? I don't know the answer to this question!

I'm off to bed now bc it's 12:15 am. But wishing all 🌞🌞🌞 for whenever the sun rises! (and you((s)) do too).

and I'll be back for a cup of tea...

Last edited:

Legate Lanius

Once or twice, I would rather eat somewhere that gives you adult-size portions.
My left hand? She was always with me.
Youtube for humor/random shit, a few subreddits for memes, crunchyroll to binge-watch Naruto for free.
My entire life is a fucking holiday since these absolute pieces of shit don't fucking hire me.

Btw, go and check out the answers to my riddles (re-try to do the riddles on your own if u want, only one of them was solved). In the prev. café.

Legate Lanius

A: Surely you jest, as if any woman would stoop to being with me, and even if they did I would never be able to get past my crippling fear of attachment. (The second someone IS interested I am terrified that she will be more interested than me and she will move things too fast and it will all go horribly wrong).
Same here, then we'd have to actually talk to someone for several hours without seeming like we're suicidal, too. Wish I just fucking was normal and started dating when it was available to me.

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thank you for the tag @Champagne. Haven’t been around much recently. Been quite busy. Lots happening. Some ok, some not so much.
If I eat out it’s somewhere cheap. Too expensive for a family of 5 to eat out somewhere posh. I don’t really think it’s worth the extra money as I’m quite fussy when it comes to food anyway and don’t like to try new things.

At college when I was 18. He threw a basketball at me. I was a bit of a loner, not good at making friends and he was playing basketball in the sports hall. He threw the ball at me to get me to join in. Afterwards we all went back to his room for toast and gradually everyone else left. We talked for hours and never really looked back. Been together 33 years. Still not good at making friend’s irl . It’s just him and me.

SF obviously. Even if I don’t join in I check in every day so see if you guys are ok.
I buy most things on Amazon and sell a lot on eBay so I’m on those every day too. There’s a really cool website which I run but I can’t give the details because it will give too much away. I run a business selling things we make (in my spare time when I’m not teaching all day or looking after the house/kids)

I never go anywhere exotic and haven’t been on holiday for a few years. I like going on boating holidays. Been on the canals or Norfolk broads. I just like being in the water

David Attenborough. It will be a sad sad day when he passes away. The whole nation will go into mourning. Such a wonderful man.

Hope everyone has a good week. Xx *hug

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Champagne
Never have, but I would love to try it. It’s no secret that I love food, so I think it would be an interesting experience, even if I don’t find it to be worth it and never want to do it again.

Don’t have one. Right now I’m just crushing on a girl I know from Tumblr

Nothing too unusual. Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Reddit, Youtube, etc.

I don’t remember exactly. I don’t often get a chance to get out of town since I moved here. A few winters ago I went to visit my mom and sister in Lancaster County, PA, where I grew up, and I also went to a rugby tournament in Nashville a few years ago with my university team. Might have been 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00