Jim's cafe Monday 20th July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Good evening folks, no cafe at this time?? pssssh slackers, slackers, slackers!! Y'all having a lazy lie in after The Queen @Aurelia 's birthday and of course @Bradamante !! Please tell us how your birthday was, can't wait to hear!

EVERYONE! Tell us how your day is going! Plans for the week? I love to hear what y'all are up to :)

So today is Chinese buffet day, lets start with some creative dishes. What is YOUR favourite Chinese dish??? Mine would have to be Beef Szechuan!!

View attachment 35533 View attachment 35534 View attachment 35535

Since you guys dig answering the questions here's some cool ones for you, hopefully it takes your mind into a lovely relaxation zone!

• What is the first thing you notice about a person? ...
  • What are some challenges you think the next generation will face? ...
  • What three habits will improve your life? ...
  • For what in your life do you feel most grateful? ...
  • If you could have lunch with one person alive or dead, who would it be?
The TAGGING begins...

@Innocent Forever @TreeShade17 @Davemeister @Auri @Nick @Road to Nowhere @Thauoy @Lux
but i’m not really slacking!!! i’m just overwhelmed with the things going on in my life. i’ve opened before. i will be opening again.

to answer about favorites
how about pork spare ribs, pork lo mein, pork w/broccoli & black beans. either or or or, or all three loaded onto the plate.

and now the Qs

• What is the first thing you notice about a person? ... their face! and if i can see their mind through their eyes!
  • What are some challenges you think the next generation will face? ... moving to a new planet! finding the new planet to move to. creating a place here to come back to eventually. creating at least some kind of universal earthly harmony so there will not be a world war 3 in the meantime and that everyone on earth is prompted to look introspectively and discover hatred and oppression and the like are really not beneficial for life and a spirit of universal cooperation quickly develops.
  • What three habits will improve your life? ... positive self affirmations supporting “the new me” daily. eating better daily to lose a little weight and lower my blood sugar, getting into better expressing my feelings about the spirit of the above answer and how to make a better world a reality
  • For what in your life do you feel most grateful? ... a few things... but right now most present is the recent discovery i’ve made about myself and realizing that i can really make the changes that are necessary
  • If you could have lunch with one person alive or dead, who would it be? only one? i have no idea at all. there must be so many... i’d be happy to have lunch with you.

Last edited:

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
No, I know. I agree that we're both relatively high functioning as far as that goes. It's not so much BPD behaviors that concern me, but more so our circumstances, as well as our interests and sense of humor being a bit different. Not that everything has to be exactly the same, but like, for example, I don't want to bore you to death talking about physics or philosophy. Or even worse, end up offending you with an insulting joke (not toward you, but generally speaking, since I know you're very liberal).
My sense of humor can be interesting at times, lol. I don't think you would bore me to death with topics like that. There's always more I want to learn about things. And I'm not too easily offended either, for the most part. You may be overthinking things a bit. It's ok, I do it too.

18breanna

Favourite Chinese food: veg dumplings with a tasty sauce..I could eat them all day everyday. Noodles are a close second. Dumplings fan unite!
  • What is the first thing you notice about a person? Face or posture
  • What are some challenges you think the next generation will face? Global climate change!
  • What three habits will improve your life? Calling my friend daily, more coding practice, stretching
  • For what in your life do you feel most grateful? My family
  • If you could have lunch with one person alive or dead, who would it be? Robin Williams

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Good evening folks, no cafe at this time?? pssssh slackers, slackers, slackers!! Y'all having a lazy lie in after The Queen @Aurelia 's birthday and of course @Bradamante !! Please tell us how your birthday was, can't wait to hear!

EVERYONE! Tell us how your day is going! Plans for the week? I love to hear what y'all are up to :)

So today is Chinese buffet day, lets start with some creative dishes. What is YOUR favourite Chinese dish??? Mine would have to be Beef Szechuan!!

Since you guys dig answering the questions here's some cool ones for you, hopefully it takes your mind into a lovely relaxation zone!

The TAGGING begins...

@Innocent Forever @TreeShade17 @Davemeister @Auri @Nick @Road to Nowhere @Thauoy @Lux
Thanks @Champagne ! . . & many caviar wishes, to you too (I’ll have them for us both—) // not really sure what that even means? Robin Leach! Lifestyles of the “Rich & Famous,” I suppose it’s like something of a ‘toast!’ 🥂 or maybe there’s the bubbly?.!;) _anyways: ) > • * \ / — |~^~_.? Can’t seem to school back up top to see the questions without causing significant problems! So, you going from memory — I don’t know much about Chinese food (not even the Americanized variety!). . ; ) but i do love egg rolls & chix fried rice, or beef with fried rice, or combination fried rice w/shrimp. I’ve heard of half the other things on the menu that people always order, but I guarantee I couldn’t even begin to answer even if “multiple guess / choice,” style questions were on the pop quiz, or test!! Seems to be about the only one I can remember at the moment! But that’s probably plenty in the attention-span department of the modern world, as ‘material,’ as it may be! . . .
Now, I’ll see if @WildCherry can help me out! By participating in this extravaganza of epic and awesome people (shiny and happy as always; that’s what we may be, for better or worse ... in sickness & in health!)

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank yous for the tag @Champagne

What is the first thing you notice about a person?
Body language/confidence levels

What are some challenges you think the next generation will face?
Violence, civil unrest, overpopulation

What three habits will improve your life?
daily walks, drinking more water, developing a sleep pattern

For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
my drive to earn money

If you could have lunch with one person alive or dead, who would it be?
Sylvia Plath

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
This is like my early 20s in stages, hit the 3rd at 26 (now 27) and haven't looked back :D
May I ask, how did you manage to find her? Online or real life?And what do you think are the easiest ways of knowing whether or not a female might be into you? IRL, I've always been too concerned that I'd get rejected because they were straight.

C4RL4

Hello, thanks for tagging me.

If they are alive and breathing.

Have a good sleep schedule, flossing and have good breakfast.

Food.

With a friend of mine.

Hope you have a nice day.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter

The TAGGING begins...

I notice a persons eyes and general aura I think.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
  • What is the first thing you notice about a person? ...Their eyes and the way they look at me.
  • What are some challenges you think the next generation will face? ...Battling the stigma of mental illness, still :(
  • What three habits will improve your life? ...Quit smoking, call for support when I need it instead of hiding, keep in contact with extended family.
  • For what in your life do you feel most grateful? ...As fucked up as it sounds, medication.
  • If you could have lunch with one person alive or dead, who would it be? Heath Ledger.

Bergerac

• The light in their eyes and the openness of their face. How they hold themselves. Their entire persona/aura.

• The lack of law in society and how it'll become commonplace to not abide by it. Also, a greater pressure from social media and a fragmented society. You never know though, people may get sick of this way of living and want to revert back. I bet financial situations will be a lot harder, too.

• Positivity, gratitude and self-love.

• Meeting some lovely men, who I'd happily spend the rest of my life with and my spiritual ability.

• My future husband :P

alixer

Anger turned outward is workout fuel.
SF Supporter
Their eyes.

Seeing the good in things.

More dancing. More self-respect. More belief in my abilities.

Music.

Bill Hicks

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
  • About Chinese food : I love all of it too... like all food, lol. Just needs to fit my standards. ^^
  • What is the first thing you notice about a person? Their writing style, or their face I guess. In all seriousness, I try to gauge if they’re a talker or not, so I can adapt within my possibilities.
  • What are some challenges you think the next generation will face? Not the most serious or even the first one I think about... but one that comes to my mind is that I fear that they’ll have more issues understanding and enjoying real life out there over the digital one. It makes me really sad that they could be missing out on this.
  • What three habits will improve your life? Exercising, talking about myself, and learning more things.
  • For what in your life do you feel most grateful? The people I meet along the way.
  • If you could have lunch with one person alive or dead, who would it be? My grandma who doesn’t live in the same country.
Wish you all a wonderful day! *grouphug2

Movieaddict

Thanks @Champagne!!!

Booooo. I can’t eat Chinese food due to acid reflux. That goes for any fast food too. Gettin old is not for the faint of heart. You can’t eat NOTHIN!

For men it’s their forearm. God almighty, I’m a sucker for a hairy muscular forearm... oh wait... how is the questioning going *dance

Jobs, housing and health care

Better diet (more veggies), sleeping all night, and a reliable car

Solid friends who do for me in an emergency, no questions asked

My mom (1948-1994) *sadhug

What is the first thing you notice about a person? their face/facial expression/emotions

What are some challenges you think the next generation will face? climate change, government stuff, technology advances

What three habits will improve your life? if I could stop overthinking, if I could exercise more frequently, if I could change my perspective/focus more often

For what in your life do you feel most grateful? my cat

If you could have lunch with one person alive or dead, who would it be? my grandmother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00