Jim's Cafe, Monday 22 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrow

Hello all

The Grass is Lava.jpg

Welcome to the first Harrow Cafe

Please pay the fee at the door (£20) and then come on in.

This may be the first of many Harrow cafes or the first and only one.
Let's see how this goes.

No pressure right?

“Always keep your eyes open. Keep watching. Because whatever you see can inspire you.” — Grace Coddington

Now to inspire you all with some sweet facts about being happy

• Doing a good deed can trigger a high in the brain.
  • Listening to music can boost your mood.
  • Being happy can lead to better heart health.
  • Dress for the way you want to feel it, according to scientists it definitely helps.
  • Deciding to be happy is a big part of overall happiness.
  • And Faking it ’til you make it, definitely boosts happiness.

Hopefully, you all like some of those happy facts.
But actually being happy is not always so easy so let's set some goals.

• Today I want you all to think of a good deed that needs doing and then go out there and do it. Go on we'll be waiting
  • Secondly, find a favorite song and play it for yourself, you deserve it after your good deed, go you
  • Now it is time to reflect on that good deed and your awesome new mood. Feel the happiness wash over you
  • And all this time you've been wearing an outfit that just makes you feel good right?
  • Now it's time to make that decision, this is the new you, the happy you, and you're going to hold on to that right?
  • And if you're still struggling that's okay, all you need to start with is just a little smile. I believe in you ((hug))

Now, how about some beautiful questions.
And as they say, sharing is caring, and being cared for is lovely isn't it. So Let's do someone sharing.

1. If you could choose one movie to share with us what would you choose? We have a big SF couch and we all want to watch it with you.
  2. Same for some music. Let's share what we love
  3. And you know me I have to ask for your book recommendations too?

Now that we have shared. Let's be selfish a little bit and ask for something

1. You can ask for anything a hug a friend to care for you, someone to share with, or even just a joke, what do you need right now?
  2. How are you doing today, be honest, let it all out? Know you are cared about here.
  3. And lastly, I want you to tell us three beautiful things you love about yourself, it's important you are number one and it's time to acknowledge that.

And now for the random questions

1. If you could learn any language instantly what would you choose?
  2. Teleportation has just being invented and you can instantly appear anywhere in the world where would you like to appear?
  3. Do you believe in ghosts?
  4. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
  5. Android or iPhone?
  6. Chocolate or ice cream?
  7. What would be your ideal job?
  8. How many pets do you have?
  9. Is there anything you collect?
  10. And lastly, do you sing when you're alone?

I hope you guys have enjoyed my Cafe any suggestions notes or criticism is very welcome.

I just have one last favor to ask of you all.

Reach out to one another show kindness and friendship to all and never give up.

Your friend
Harrow

Please tag people, I will start

@VioletDawn @Dante the special @bubblebear @Dinolaur @So so tired @Auri @SleepyOwl @Lux @unnoticed @JMG @Dycorp @Angie @Sunspots @Walker @Baywasp @Acy @sinking_ship @Champagne @Aurelia @Inya @Kiwi2016 @Lane @FlamingoWrangler @SaFa61947 @MisterBGone @StrangeRanger @BritishBloke @Kira @KM76710 @cymbele @Blue Star @Rasmus @FFurry @Holding my breath @Livelife @Autumn1973 @SummertimeSadness @ClassicsFan @MosesY @Road to Nowhere @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @johnDoen @OfLoveAndDeath @Bradamante @Somebody Else @SillyOldBear @Fox @Quietus @KindaOtiose @keepthereceipt @Crossflow @adamjam @thedevotee @The Tigress ♡ @seeking connection @TalonThunder @el_gfm @mimi_ @Rikijohnashton

Brân

i don't like me either
Admin
SF Supporter
thanks for tag
I never know what I'm meant to do so I reply to questions... ?

And as they say, sharing is caring, and being cared for is lovely isn't it. So Let's do someone sharing.

1. If you could choose one movie to share with us what would you choose? We have a big SF couch and we all want to watch it with you.
1. Prevenge. @arbitrarybarry will back that. Omg. Pls find Prevenge and watch Prevenge.
2. Um... my music taste is so varied. It depends on my mood. It generally has a chill vibe though, so if you have some time to go for a walk through nature, a drive on a long road or just lying down outside.. then The Jezabels - Psychotherapy is the ultimate relaxer.

3. Gosh. So many.
  • Thinkers/depressers - 1984 - George Orwell, The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath. A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness
  • Fantasy/other worldly - The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern, The Power - Naomi Alderman (girl power with this one)
  • Fun/Silly/Surreal - John Dies at the End - David Wong
  • Horror - Hater - David Moody
  • Factual - The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - Rebecca Skloot

2. Teleportation has just being invented and you can instantly appear anywhere in the world where would you like to appear?
  5. Android or iPhone?
1. Yiddish
2. Israel
3. Na
4. No
5. Android
6. Chocolate
7. Mattress tester/Wine tester/Cheese tester
8. 0
9. Not actively
10. If I'm in a decent mood

thanks for opening @Harrow

KindaOtiose

Thanks for opening the cafe @Harrow.

If you could learn any language instantly what would you choose?
Chinese.

Teleportation has just being invented and you can instantly appear anywhere in the world where would you like to appear?
If I can teleport back, maybe I'd go to the top of Mount Everest.

Do you believe in ghosts?
No, I can't say I do.

Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
Nope.... people can do that??

Android or iPhone?
I don't know. I wish I could have a perfect blend of each platforms operating systems.

Chocolate or ice cream?
Definitely chocolate. Never been the greatest fan of icecream.

What would be your ideal job?
Something where I can affect the change I want to see in the world.

1. If you could learn any language instantly what would you choose? German
  2. Teleportation has just being invented and you can instantly appear anywhere in the world where would you like to appear? England
  3. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes
  4. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? No lol
  5. Android or iPhone? IPhone
  6. Chocolate or ice cream? Why not both
  7. What would be your ideal job? Helping people and others in the world
  8. How many pets do you have? one
  9. Is there anything you collect? Rocks, stones and gems for my practices
  10. And lastly, do you sing when you're alone? Sometimes haha

Somebody Else

The facts always works on me. (That's a lot of sssssss lol)
I did clean like an eight of our house earlier while jamming to some loud music through speakers haha (I hope that it didn't annoy anyone earlier) I also finished cleaning my bike after a month of being disassembled cos I'm just that lazy.
Still have a lot of chores to do tomorrow and will cheat by putting it in my good deeds lol at least my mom doesn't have to do it anymore.
Finish mopping the floor, wipe the stairs (It's very annoying to clean cos it has like 10 layers of handles) , squeaky clean table (I already did the chairs earlier), weed the garden, water the plants, give my dog a bath and myself hahaha (not that I don't shower everyday ;)) continue eating less, I don't starve myself because that is just impossible but I'm just trying to lose weight. Sleep for the rest of the day.
1. Marley & Me
2. BTS (super mainstream lol don't hate me), Backyard Boy, Mariposa, Supalonely, Sunday's Best, Watermelon Sugar, Say So. (My house chores playlist)
3. I haven't read any book just short stories.

1. I need my bestfriend
2. I felt good today because I finally did something
3. Haha

1. I want to learn my own language that only my bestfriend understands
2. Somewhere shire lol
3. Kinda
4. No
5. Android all the way
6. Ice cream
7. Army Captain
8. My dog named Coffee
9. Dust in my room hahaha I tried keeping all of my stuffed toys but my mom shamed me for it so I'm left with Charlie and dusty (my avatar)
10. Oh a 100%
I feel a bit embarrassed but I'll post it anyway.
@Harrow and @Auri
Thanks for the invite and opening the cafe!

Have a great day everyone, take care!

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
The only thing I haven't done yet is wear an outfit that makes me feel right. I'm about to take my shower after posting this, so I'll probably just wear this XL metal shirt I sleep in. :D It's like a dress on me. *hysterical
  1. If you could choose one movie to share with us what would you choose? We have a big SF couch and we all want to watch it with you. I'd probably choose something lighthearted so we can all just laugh and relax, like Ice Age or Shrek. lol
  2. Same for some music. Let's share what we love. Alright, I'll refrain from the metal... but it'll be nordic. :p Here's a cute, chill song in Icelandic :
  3. And you know me I have to ask for your book recommendations too? "Innumeracy" by John Allen Paulos (non-fiction), and "The Name of The Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss (fantasy).

1. You can ask for anything a hug a friend to care for you, someone to share with, or even just a joke, what do you need right now? I'm just fine, but thanks. Jokes are always welcome though. :)
  2. How are you doing today, be honest, let it all out? Know you are cared about here. It's a decent day, I cannot complain.
  3. And lastly, I want you to tell us three beautiful things you love about yourself, it's important you are number one and it's time to acknowledge that. Hmm... *huh I try my best not to have any prejudice, I'm passionate about learning and people, and I'm honest.

1. If you could learn any language instantly what would you choose? Finnish.
  2. Teleportation has just being invented and you can instantly appear anywhere in the world where would you like to appear? A forest in Finland.
  3. Do you believe in ghosts? Nope.
  4. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? Nope.
  5. Android or iPhone? Urgh, currently iPhone.
  6. Chocolate or ice cream? Come on! Chocolate all year around, ice cream in the Summer. I like to share. ;)
  7. What would be your ideal job? Something that fully suits my personality and my strengths, fascinates me, makes me feel valued and needed, and is not incredibly stressful. *dunno
  8. How many pets do you have? Zero. My dad has lots of fish in a huge aquarium.
  9. Is there anything you collect? Books, CDs, bookmarks, my friends' postcards. Apparently Rubik's cubes too, I have 2 now, lol.
  10. And lastly, do you sing when you're alone? I do, only when I'm alone in fact.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tags @Harrow and @Auri :)

What a great cafe :)

Dress for the way you want to feel it, according to scientists it definitely helps.
I started a new job today, probably the first time I've even attempted to look smart and put some makeup on for a year. It felt good!

I watched Baby Driver recently and thought it was brilliant - the soundtrack was especially good.

My music taste is all over the place but I've been listening to a lot of Depeche Mode and Pendulum lately.

I love To Kill a Mockingbird, The Kite Runner and The Book of Lost Things.

1. You can ask for anything a hug a friend to care for you, someone to share with, or even just a joke, what do you need right now?
  2. How are you doing today, be honest, let it all out? Know you are cared about here.
I'd give anything for a hug. It's been such a scary day.
Right now I'm just relieved that my first day is done and I'm hoping I didn't embarrass myself too much by falling off of my chair *shy*hysterical

5. Android or iPhone?
1. Greek - I'd really love to move to Greece one day.
2. Singapore so I can see my brother, I miss him.
3. No
4. Yes
5. Android
6. Chocolate (but ice cream on a hot day!)
7. My ideal job would be a set dresser for film or theatre.
8. Two and a half - I have two cats, my daughter has recently moved away and taken our dog with her (but I'm still having to pay for everything for him *hysterical)
9. No not really although my husband would probably say shoes and handbags!
10. I have music playing most of the time and if I'm alone will generally sing along - particularly if I'm driving as there's no chance of our neighbours hearing ;)

So so tired

Hello all

View attachment 43722

Welcome to the first Harrow Cafe

Please pay the fee at the door (£20) and then come on in.

This may be the first of many Harrow cafes or the first and only one.
Let's see how this goes.

No pressure right?

“Always keep your eyes open. Keep watching. Because whatever you see can inspire you.” — Grace Coddington

Now to inspire you all with some sweet facts about being happy

• Doing a good deed can trigger a high in the brain.
  • Listening to music can boost your mood.
  • Being happy can lead to better heart health.
  • Dress for the way you want to feel it, according to scientists it definitely helps.
  • Deciding to be happy is a big part of overall happiness.
  • And Faking it ’til you make it, definitely boosts happiness.

Hopefully, you all like some of those happy facts.
But actually being happy is not always so easy so let's set some goals.

• Today I want you all to think of a good deed that needs doing and then go out there and do it. Go on we'll be waiting
  • Secondly, find a favorite song and play it for yourself, you deserve it after your good deed, go you
  • Now it is time to reflect on that good deed and your awesome new mood. Feel the happiness wash over you
  • And all this time you've been wearing an outfit that just makes you feel good right?
  • Now it's time to make that decision, this is the new you, the happy you, and you're going to hold on to that right?
  • And if you're still struggling that's okay, all you need to start with is just a little smile. I believe in you ((hug))

3. And lastly, I want you to tell us three beautiful things you love about yourself, it's important you are number one and it's time to acknowledge that.

5. Android or iPhone?

I hope you guys have enjoyed my Cafe any suggestions notes or criticism is very welcome.

I just have one last favor to ask of you all.

Reach out to one another show kindness and friendship to all and never give up.

Your friend
Harrow

Please tag people, I will start

@VioletDawn @Dante the special @bubblebear @Dinolaur @So so tired @Auri @SleepyOwl @Lux @unnoticed @JMG @Dycorp @Angie @Sunspots @Walker @Baywasp @Acy @sinking_ship @Champagne @Aurelia @Inya @Kiwi2016 @Lane @FlamingoWrangler @SaFa61947 @MisterBGone @StrangeRanger @BritishBloke @Kira @KM76710 @cymbele @Blue Star @Rasmus @FFurry @Holding my breath @Livelife @Autumn1973 @SummertimeSadness @ClassicsFan @MosesY @Road to Nowhere @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @johnDoen @OfLoveAndDeath @Bradamante @Somebody Else @SillyOldBear @Fox @Quietus @KindaOtiose @keepthereceipt @Crossflow @adamjam @thedevotee @The Tigress ♡ @seeking connection @TalonThunder @el_gfm @mimi_ @Rikijohnashton
Thankyou Harrow *hug

Crossflow

Hi there... thanks for the invite!

If you could learn any language instantly what would you choose?
I'd pick Portuguese or Italian for beauty, but should probably choose something very difficult like Chinese or Russian.

Teleportation has just being invented and you can instantly appear anywhere in the world where would you like to appear?
In a nature park on a beautiful island in the baltic sea.

Do you believe in ghosts?
No.

Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
No.

Chocolate or ice cream?
Chocolate ice cream

How many pets do you have?
None.

Is there anything you collect?
No.

And lastly, do you sing when you're alone?
Sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00