Jim's Cafe - Monday 29th August

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Kid B, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

A public holiday here and for once, at last, after years of suffering miserable Bank Holiday weather, today will be sunny and warm for people. I shall take some photographs of the peninsula and islands and post them later.

Have an awesome Monday everyone.
    DrownedFishOnFire and Northern like this.
  2. Hey mate its monday arvo where i am. just finishing my week off. Have to go back to work for 4 weeks tomorrow.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Brought home the 2nd cat. Its off to a rocky start as both cats were not pleased seeing each other. Waiting for the big cat cage to arrive tomorrow so I can put the 2nd cat in and keep both safe.

Very stressed. I don't need then to be best mates but just be civil with each other that's all im asking for!
    cymbele likes this.
  4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning everyone.

I have group counselling later today :)
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Afternoon everyone. Looking forward to seeing my counsellor tomorrow. Got up very late today. It's warm and sunny outside, might buy some magazines and read in the sun :) Have a nice day all =)
  6. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Hey all. Had my first class at 9:40, and we got out about an hour early. All we did was go over the syllabus, not unexpectedly. My second (and last) class of the day isn't for another hour, so I'm just hanging out in the library. I'm going to have to leave a little bit early for that class probably, because I've heard the elevators in that building get really backed up. It's on the 8th floor, and I'm really not feeling good enough to walk up all those stairs. I plan on trying to get myself used to walking up that many flights of stairs for exercise, but I have a migraine today, and I just want to curl up in a corner somewhere and sleep.
  7. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hullo everybody. My upstairs neighbour moved out earlier this month and I have been enjoying the quiet that only comes from zero people living upstairs. New neighbour is moving in later this week. Fingers crossed they aren't noisy like the last batch. New neighbours are a younger family i think. I don't mind children noises, it's the loud music late at night variety that ruffles my feathers.
  8. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

The rest of my day was rather... interesting. Not necessarily in a good way. I left a tiny bit later than I wanted but made it to my classroom with 3 minutes to spare. Not that it mattered. The professor got confused about what day the class was on and didn't show up. After 15 minutes, we all left. I thought I was going to get back way early because of that, but the bus broke down on the way back, so I had to wait an hour for the next one (and it was really hot.) The one good thing was that in Pittsburgh when you're traveling away from downtown, you don't pay the fare until you get off, so I didn't end up having to pay twice.

Guess I'm going to start looking for housing on Craigslist again soon.
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Just did a lot of sleeping since it is stormy today. I need to get my motivation back.